• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is so disappointing that the d'backs front office seems content with having Kennedy and Cahill as our starters to try to win a world series.

Adding another #2-3 SP was going to get the Dbacks to the WS? Can we clutter the rotation even more? There are no SP(s) available that are worth giving up prospects for. Two months of Garza for a package that includes 3 of Skaggs/Chafin/Holberg/Davidson/Owings is not worth it. Peavy is the same.

Now if Sale/Lee/Felix/Price were attainable, that is a different story. But they are not. Mortgaging the future for rental players is not a good idea for mid-market teams.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Dunn would've been perfect for this team... a lefty that can go in the 7th or 8th.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Loup would be interesting. He's been a workhorse in Toronto and is usually incredibly effective (ERA is 1.90, WHIP is 0.90). The Jays have got to be sellers at this point. Only problem is they may want AZ to take on one of their terrible contracts from the Marlins trade...but could KT land Loup and Buehrle or Johnson for relatively little? Maybe Johnson or Buehrle come back to the NL and thrive? Johnson has been so terrible I don't think it's the league that is a factor, but Buehrle you never know.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Loup would be interesting. He's been a workhorse in Toronto and is usually incredibly effective (ERA is 1.90, WHIP is 0.90). The Jays have got to be sellers at this point. Only problem is they may want AZ to take on one of their terrible contracts from the Marlins trade...but could KT land Loup and Buehrle or Johnson for relatively little? Maybe Johnson or Buehrle come back to the NL and thrive? Johnson has been so terrible I don't think it's the league that is a factor, but Buehrle you never know.

I don't know if Loup is available, but he would a great pickup, he had the best walk ratio of any pitcher in the majors since 2012 last I looked. Probably be really expensive too cause he is young lol.

Peavy and Bud Norris have been scratched from starts today, looks like they are going to be moved today.

Last edited by a moderator:

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Lopez could be a red flag, look at his splits away from AT&T. He benefits from that ballpark.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently on Twitter a lot of fans of contending or borderline teams want Ian Kennedy since he might be cheap, but I doubt GM's will be thinking the same.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case we needed anymore proof that this deadline has every player too damn expensive, bunch of experts are saying the Red Sox are trying to get Cliff Lee, but the Phils want Bogaerts. That kid is a top 5 to 10 prospect right now (Ranked higher than Bradley for comparison). Thats just crazy.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am about to perform a ritual hoping that Kennedy is magically traded before his start.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently on Twitter a lot of fans of contending or borderline teams want Ian Kennedy since he might be cheap, but I doubt GM's will be thinking the same.

I hope a GM falls for it. Honestly I don't care what we get back as long as someone takes him. Addition by subtraction.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case we needed anymore proof that this deadline has every player too damn expensive, bunch of experts are saying the Red Sox are trying to get Cliff Lee, but the Phils want Bogaerts. That kid is a top 5 to 10 prospect right now (Ranked higher than Bradley for comparison). Thats just crazy.

Teams are asking way too much. I heard that when we asked the Cubs about Samardzija they asked for Bradley and Skaggs.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap, I don't want Peavy

HTML:

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are asking way too much. I heard that when we asked the Cubs about Samardzija they asked for Bradley and Skaggs.

Yeah I remember seeing that report too. Just insane. I'm absolutely convinced this is the worst time ever to make a trade for a buyer. This is, however, the best time ever for us to trade Ian and Kubel. Get it done Towers!!!