• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid Del Gato, Skaggs or Davidson will be in this deal.

I would be shocked if it was Delgado. If it was Skaggs, I would be disappointed but not shocked. It might be one of the position player prospects like Davidson. But no matter who we give up, I definitely think Kennedy has to be in the deal.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Bordow just tweeted that:

"Even if White Sox pay half of salary next year, #dbacks still would be on hook for $7 million. Makes no sense given Peavy's injury history"

How does that make no sense? Kubel makes 7.5 a year and he does nothing. If Peavy pitches well, that is worth seven million. It is only one year. It is not a long term investment.

Best case scenario: d'backs trade Kennedy, Cahill, and Kubel to the white sox and the white sox also pay half of Peavy's salary. Yeah, I know that probably will not happen.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid Del Gato, Skaggs or Davidson will be in this deal.

I'm 100% sure its not going to be Delgado, he's been too good and that deal would make our rotation worse right now. I would say I'm 75% sure its not Skaggs, I could see it happen but Towers has said plenty of times that Skaggs is not for sale. Davidson I'm not sure about, but I wouldn't be very happy if he was dealt for Peavy.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why hasn't this front office learned from it's past mistakes? You don't trade young talent for question marks. I'm shocked they are even considering this trade when in the past we have let go of too many players for little in return. Scherzer, Gonzalez, Parker, Cook are just a few of the many talented players we have traded away.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Olney just mentioned Tyler Skaggs as a possible match for Peavy.

I really hope that does not happen. A possible Skaggs for Peavy trade reminds of the angels trading the d'backs Corbin, Skaggs, and Saunders for Dan Haren. We all know how that worked out. The angels never went anywhere with Haren and Corbin is currently the ace of our staff.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Olney just mentioned Tyler Skaggs as a possible match for Peavy.

I really hope that does not happen. A possible Skaggs for Peavy trade reminds of the angels trading the d'backs Corbin, Skaggs, and Saunders for Dan Haren. We all know how that worked out. The angels never went anywhere with Haren and Corbin is currently the ace of our staff.

Yeah I saw that, I would hate that deal also. Skaggs hasn't really produced here but he's only 22 with filthy stuff and he seems to have a good attitude to him.

Also we have a more "local" reporter confirming the heating talks now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From that Steve Gilbert link from the tweet above:

What the D-backs would have to give up to get Peavy is not known. The White Sox are interested in acquiring infielders and the D-backs do have highly-regarded prospects like third Matt Davidson and shortstop Chris Owings at Triple-A Reno.

If the White Sox require a young pitcher in return it’s possible the D-backs could include left-hander Tyler Skaggs in the deal.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Skaggs or Davidson are dealt I will not be happy. I'm on the fence with Holmberg, Chafin and Owings though.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with Davidson being dealt is how many times have we said we need a power hitter to protect Goldy? Davidson could be that guy someday soon. I wish there was a way we could keep Owings too because I'm not sure how much longer Hill will be here. Owings for Peavy I guess I could live with, but there is a big chance we regret that trade.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think he is a trade-able piece. Just not convinced Peavy is worth it.

Kirk Gibson usually denies things like that. Seems like something might really happen.

Peavy is still one of the top pitchers available. If the d'backs trade for him, they are going to have to give up something good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see a deal happening. I bet in about an hour from now we'll be out of the Peavy "sweepstakes" just watch. I expect to see that tweet soon.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been any mention of the Dbacks going after bullpen help? This is not the year to go after a starting pitcher. The asking prices are ridiculous. Bradley or Skaggs for Samardzija? Fuck that.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not fucking trade top prospects for Peavy.

:nod:

Has there been any mention of the Dbacks going after bullpen help? This is not the year to go after a starting pitcher. The asking prices are ridiculous. Bradley AND Skaggs for Samardzija? Fuck that.

I'm really surprised I haven't seen any relievers connected to the DBacks. Only seeing Peavy talk.

Also I fixed your comment with what the Cubs were asking for......