• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could get Peavy without trading a top 7 prospect then I'm down. He'd be our 2nd best starter and could benefit nicely moving out of the AL.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we get rid of Kennedy and Kubel I'll be happy.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think that if the d'backs want to contend this year then they have to make a trade, and not a little trade for a reliever, but a bigger splash for a starter.

The team is playing with no fire and no passion. They look like a defeated team and they need to get a new player to spark some life back into the team. I do not think that bringing back McCarthy and Cahill will make a difference. Both of those guys have had terrible seasons overall and the d'backs need a new face to kick them in the ass.

The only pitchers I would not trade are Corbin, Bradley, Delgado, maybe Miley, and that is probably it. Skaggs should be available if it is for an ace.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone see buster olneys last tweet? I would post it but I'm on my phone and it would take too long.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit, i don't want Peavy. He is washed up, I don't even think the change from the AL to the NL will help him. KT is gonna fuck this up.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit, i don't want Peavy. He is washed up, I don't even think the change from the AL to the NL will help him. KT is gonna fuck this up.

Trade them Kennedy and a random prospect and get cash back in the deal. Peavy could not be any worse than Kennedy. At least I hope not haha.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think that if the d'backs want to contend this year then they have to make a trade, and not a little trade for a reliever, but a bigger splash for a starter.

The team is playing with no fire and no passion. They look like a defeated team and they need to get a new player to spark some life back into the team. I do not think that bringing back McCarthy and Cahill will make a difference. Both of those guys have had terrible seasons overall and the d'backs need a new face to kick them in the ass.

The only pitchers I would not trade are Corbin, Bradley, Delgado, maybe Miley, and that is probably it. Skaggs should be available if it is for an ace.

I agree with everything you said here Tuffydog, the problem is whats out there for the price of Skaggs? Skaggs doesn't get us Cliff Lee and he is the only pitcher out there that makes that splash that you are asking for. We can trade for Peavy, but does that really change our current spot in the standings. If you take this exact team and replace our worst starter with Peavy, that still doesn't make us the favorite to beat the Dodgers. That doesn't mean we can't beat LA, I'm just saying that if we beat them, it won't be because of Peavy.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade them Kennedy and a random prospect and get cash back in the deal. Peavy could not be any worse than Kennedy. At least I hope not haha.
If we can get him for cheap and it involves moving Kennedy then I'm all for it, but if we have to trade any of our young prospects or players then hell no.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

P.S. Im so tired of the word frontrunner lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to overpay for him and don't think he's exactly worthy his contract but he'd be a HUGE upgrade over Kennedy

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which isn't saying much but I still think he's a solid pitcher either way. Look at his numbers last year.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you said here Tuffydog, the problem is whats out there for the price of Skaggs? Skaggs doesn't get us Cliff Lee and he is the only pitcher out there that makes that splash that you are asking for. We can trade for Peavy, but does that really change our current spot in the standings. If you take this exact team and replace our worst starter with Peavy, that still doesn't make us the favorite to beat the Dodgers. That doesn't mean we can't beat LA, I'm just saying that if we beat them, it won't be because of Peavy.

Yeah I do not think it would be a good idea to trade Skaggs for Peavy. If Peavy was still an ace than it is a different story, but I would still give up Ian Kennedy for him without a doubt.

I wonder if just getting rid of Kennedy would be addition by subtraction to the point that the team would be so happy that they would not have to put up with him anymore that it could inspire them.

The team probably hates Kennedy. The game that Kennedy hit Puig and Greinke, the d'backs had a 7.5 game lead over the dodgers going into the game. Since that game the dodgers have gone 28-12. That brawl sparked the dodgers and it has seemed like the dodgers have had a vendetta against the d'backs now. The entire d'backs organization and fan base can thank Kennedy for that.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one here that likes Peavy?

No I actually really like him, but I just have a fear we don't get him unless we overpay. His ERA is probably higher than it should be because he is in the AL and his WHIP is actually not bad. He's a good pitcher, but he still hasn't had a good year.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I do not think it would be a good idea to trade Skaggs for Peavy. If Peavy was still an ace than it is a different story, but I would still give up Ian Kennedy for him without a doubt.

I wonder if just getting rid of Kennedy would be addition by subtraction to the point that the team would be so happy that they would not have to put up with him anymore that it could inspire him.

The team probably hates Kennedy. The game that Kennedy hit Puig and Greinke, the d'backs had a 7.5 game lead over the dodgers going into the game. Since that game the dodgers have gone 28-12. That brawl sparked the dodgers and it has seemed like the dodgers have had a vendetta against the d'backs now. The entire d'backs organization and fan base can thank Kennedy for that.

Ian Kennedy + a lower prospect would be the greatest thing I have ever seen for the DBacks. I would be happy if we could just find a team to dump Kennedy on, but if we got Peavy for him, OMG would that be sweet.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid Del Gato, Skaggs or Davidson will be in this deal.