• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline

49ernation

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I’m a long time follower of this forum, only way to keep informed with my 49ers since I’m in the military. Anyways who do u all think we should pick up before the trade deadline?

First time post :)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Morgan's injury might have put the 49ers in position to go out and trade for a WR if they didn't have Edwards coming back after the bye. Other than that, everything else is pretty set. O-Line is good, D-Line, LBs, DBs, TEs, RBs, QBs, K, P... all seem to be pretty set. WR isn't perfect right now, but by Oct 30th with Edwards, Crabtree, Ginn, Williams, and Swain.. the team will be good there.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think he is asking if the coaches feel we are "set" at said positions, rather than what do fans "think" we should do, as far as trades go? I wouldnt agree that we are set at the corner position, terrell brown sucks but thats my opinion. Im hoping spencer gets healthy and wins the job back but still wouldnt feel like we are set...

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is always room for improvement but I don't think anyone is going to make a move

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is always room for improvement but I don't think anyone is going to make a move

Absolutely. I didn't mean to make it sound like they are set forever. I just meant that they are set for this season in the sense that the coaching staff is happy with what Baalke has given them. Baalke doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who is going to pull off a big trade. I think he wants to keep his draft picks for draft moves, and there isn't really a glaring hole on the team right now that can be filled with a trade that is beneficial for the 49ers in the long run.

Sure, they could trade away picks or players to spruce up the secondary. Just doesn't seem likely though to me. I never expect blockbuster trades in the NFL, because it's such a team sport and people usually need at least a few months in a system before they are really comfortable in it. It's not like the NBA or MLB where everything is individual ability.

People usually only make an immediate impact when they are coming from a similar system.