• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Im feeling nappish.

After I get the kiddies off, gonna sleep until noon...lol

But, what you @Scapegoat, @trojanfan12 , @wildturkey think about this?

Thunder are cray-cray to trust this guy.

If he pulls a Durant?

Oh.

Boy.

“Well, I mean I’m happy here,” George said. “I’m happy here. I’m happy with this group. At the end of the season, it’s still on my decision on what I need to do for my family. That has nothing to do with my happiness here though. I’ve been really happy. It’s a great organization to be a part of, but again, you know, I don’t want people looking at this and (saying) like, ‘Hey, because he said it’s his happiness at the end of the day (that he’s definitely re-signing).

“I don’t know if whether I’m going to LA, or what I’m going to do this offseason. But I can say I am happy about being here. I’m happy with playing with Russ, happy with playing with Melo, and this organization. This front office has shown what they can do to go get pieces and how active they are about winning.

WE STILL HAVE A SHOT!!!!!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BG has been playing well and the PIstons also since he arrived.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are still talkiing to the Clips about Deandre. I doubt anything happens though

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he pulls a Durant?

Oh.

Boy.

“Well, I mean I’m happy here,” George said. “I’m happy here. I’m happy with this group. At the end of the season, it’s still on my decision on what I need to do for my family. That has nothing to do with my happiness here though. I’ve been really happy. It’s a great organization to be a part of, but again, you know, I don’t want people looking at this and (saying) like, ‘Hey, because he said it’s his happiness at the end of the day (that he’s definitely re-signing).

“I don’t know if whether I’m going to LA, or what I’m going to do this offseason. But I can say I am happy about being here. I’m happy with playing with Russ, happy with playing with Melo, and this organization. This front office has shown what they can do to go get pieces and how active they are about winning.

I don't trust what any of them say. I think he's gone at the end of the season.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust what any of them say. I think he's gone at the end of the season.
I have never seen someone double talk the way this guy does.

Seriously, just shut up.

I'm happy here. I see where we are now, where can we be in a year? But, me being happy doesn't mean I'm not going to LA?

This fucking guy...lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are still talkiing to the Clips about Deandre. I doubt anything happens though
We got rid of one Kartrashian sympathizer.

We don't want another one.

You have to find a 3rd team to take Trash-ass-Tristan.

Sounds like the Mavs would do it for a asset, Suns too.

Would be smarter to just go get Tyson Chandler for a 2nd rounder...imo

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he pulls a Durant?

Oh.

Boy.

I think he's being as honest as he can be given the situation. There are a couple of factors at play here, imo.

If he has his mind made up that he's going to LA, he can't say that now. It will wreck the chemistry of the team he's on and possibly ruin what could be a deep playoff run. Not to mention the backlash from Thunder fans that he'd face for the rest of the season.

Plus, what if OKC gets on a roll and goes 6 or 7 games in the WCF or even makes the finals? That could change his mind pretty quick.

If he has his mind made up to stay, but then things go south later in the season or the playoffs, it looks much worse if he leaves after saying he's staying. Plus, saying he's staying now, when there's a contract still to be negotiated, could hurt his bargaining position.

What he should say is: "Right now I'm just concentrating on helping the Thunder win as many games as possible and I'll decide where I want to play next year after the season."

But it seems like none of these guys do that.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Kemba and Batum for IT and 1st rounder be worth it?