• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade deadline is on Thursday so the rumors are heating up.

Nets are interested in doing a Jack for Terry deal while the Knicks are looking at Teague.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers and Nets are talking about a Jordan Hill deal.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would HATE to lose Hill. bad idea...

depends on who they would be giving up...without looking it up....don't think they have anyone of value to the lakers they would be willing to part ways...maybe a draft pick

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on who they would be giving up...without looking it up....don't think they have anyone of value to the lakers they would be willing to part ways...maybe a draft pick

if picks are involved then maybe i'd consider it, but as you said they have no one we could really use...least as far as i can tell...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Nets would use their injured player exemption (Lopez). All this would be is a money-savings trade for the Lakers as they try to get below the luxury tax threshold.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo Sports reports that the Memphis Grizzlies and Minnesota Timberwolves are involved in trade talks centered around Minnesota sending forward Chase Budinger and guard J.J. Barea to Memphis in exchange for forward Tayshaun Prince. The big question involves a Memphis favorite:
Memphis wants to include forward Tayshaun Prince into the package and the deal could be expanded to include guard Tony Allen, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Components of a proposed deal are still fluid.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if picks are involved then maybe i'd consider it, but as you said they have no one we could really use...least as far as i can tell...

rumor going around that Jordan hill isn't interested in resigning with lakers if dantoni Is still likely to be coaching next season. fact that they are considering moving Jordan hill on this suggests that dantoni will be given a 3rd season. I at one point was hopeful he would be canned after season. regardless of how his performance has been....injuries used for an excuse etc.. im not so sure how much potential free agents would want to play for dantoni. especially Carmelo.

could look ugly next few years for lakers. should they miss on LeBron and Carmelo as expected the pickings are pretty slim. what do u do in 2014? go marc Cuban and sign all 1 year deals?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill, Budinger and Terry all possibly getting moved around the deadline? Former Wildcats, lol.

Toronto is apparently interested in Rondo. hmmm

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently sacramento was willing to deal isiah Thomas, ben maclemore and 2 picks for rondo...not sure of the round of picks...but rondo not willing to resign with kings is what made deal fall through

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently sacramento was willing to deal isiah Thomas, ben maclemore and 2 picks for rondo...not sure of the round of picks...but rondo not willing to resign with kings is what made deal fall through

That's way too much for Rondo. That's only an acceptable deal if Rondo is the final piece to your team contending for a title but the Kings even with Rondo are nowhere near that yet...especially not in the West

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rumor going around that Jordan hill isn't interested in resigning with lakers if dantoni Is still likely to be coaching next season. fact that they are considering moving Jordan hill on this suggests that dantoni will be given a 3rd season. I at one point was hopeful he would be canned after season. regardless of how his performance has been....injuries used for an excuse etc.. im not so sure how much potential free agents would want to play for dantoni. especially Carmelo.

could look ugly next few years for lakers. should they miss on LeBron and Carmelo as expected the pickings are pretty slim. what do u do in 2014? go marc Cuban and sign all 1 year deals?

Wait, you prefer that D'Antoni remain the coach next season? Why?

And you think the Lakers should pursue Carmelo "The Only Black Hole Bigger Than Kobe" Anthony? Why?

LeBron's an extremely long-shot. Extremely. Off-the-charts extremely.

I'd say, tank it out this year and next as much as possible (i.e. do what you're doing now and just feed Kobe when he gets back until his heart is content and avoid all defense . . . wait, maybe we should keep D'Antoni one more year) then snag K. Love and pick up a legit center to pair with the young guards from tanking/drafting and voila, the Lakers are legit in the 2015-16 season.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Lakers don't give up Hill for cash savings or because of D'Antoni. I'd trade Hill for a first-rounder, but that's not happening. To get under the cap, I guess that's important but my impression was that the Lakers planned on paying the tax and allowed for it with this mega TV deal. Right? Besides, you'd have to get under the cap for 2 out of 5 years anyway, I think.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's way too much for Rondo. That's only an acceptable deal if Rondo is the final piece to your team contending for a title but the Kings even with Rondo are nowhere near that yet...especially not in the West

I've always like thomas. Better scorer than rondo. Still bothers me lakers took andrew goudelock and darius Morris over him few years ago

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, you prefer that D'Antoni remain the coach next season? Why?

And you think the Lakers should pursue Carmelo "The Only Black Hole Bigger Than Kobe" Anthony? Why?

LeBron's an extremely long-shot. Extremely. Off-the-charts extremely.

I'd say, tank it out this year and next as much as possible (i.e. do what you're doing now and just feed Kobe when he gets back until his heart is content and avoid all defense . . . wait, maybe we should keep D'Antoni one more year) then snag K. Love and pick up a legit center to pair with the young guards from tanking/drafting and voila, the Lakers are legit in the 2015-16 season.

must have misread my post I said I was hopeful he would get fired after this season. But with this Jordan hill thing it appears he's going to be given another season. Not sure who you bring in if no Phil Jackson. With him coach think will have difficulty landing top free agents.

Carmelo well undecided really. Not much of a shot anyway. If lakers formed their own big 3 him.....Maybe Chris Bosh maybe gasol for less money. Before season and again at all star break kobe made it sound as if he's already recruited a big name to LA for 2014 only time will tell

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boston should have taken that deal and ran

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he New York Knicks are attempting to resume trade talks with the Toronto Raptors on Kyle Lowry, according to sources.

The Knicks are offering packages including Iman Shumpert, Raymond Felton and Beno Udrih, sources say.

New York is reluctant to include Tim Hardaway Jr. or a future first round pick. The Raptors almost certainly will require one of those two assets to trade Lowry directly to the Knicks.

"It comes down to, can they talk themselves into getting rid of a first-rounder or Hardaway Jr. for Lowry," one league source said.

League sources say a three-team deal has also been discussed in which Jeff Teague would end up with the Raptors, while Shumpert gets routed to the Atlanta Hawks and Lowry to the Knicks. Another trade scenario has the Knicks acquiring Teague. Those conversations have only been preliminary.

The New Orleans Pelicans could trade Austin Rivers before the trade deadline, according to a source.

Rivers could be involved in a deal with the rights of Pierre Jackson.

Rivers was the 10th overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft and is averaging 5.9 points this season.

Morning news for ya

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Love want to come to Boston I am just waiting for that deal to get finalized........:clap:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo Sports reports that the Memphis Grizzlies and Minnesota Timberwolves are involved in trade talks centered around Minnesota sending forward Chase Budinger and guard J.J. Barea to Memphis in exchange for forward Tayshaun Prince. The big question involves a Memphis favorite:
Memphis wants to include forward Tayshaun Prince into the package and the deal could be expanded to include guard Tony Allen, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Components of a proposed deal are still fluid.
Can JJ Barea still play at a decent level? I haven't seen much of him since he left Dallas. This trade also seems like Minnesota would be conceding the playoff spot to Dallas or Memphis.

Also, the notion that Austin Rivers has trade value is amazing to me