• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Overview

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we didn't make any moves, but I saw some defensive guys that got traded. Could we not have made an offer for one of these guys?

Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix - traded to Washington for a 4th round pick
Eli Apple - traded to New Orleans for a 4th round pick and a 2020 7th round pick

I know they aren't the best guys available, but I think they would've been upgrades to what we currently have. Would love to hear your guys' thoughts on this.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we didn't make any moves, but I saw some defensive guys that got traded. Could we not have made an offer for one of these guys?

Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix - traded to Washington for a 4th round pick
Eli Apple - traded to New Orleans for a 4th round pick and a 2020 7th round pick

I know they aren't the best guys available, but I think they would've been upgrades to what we currently have. Would love to hear your guys' thoughts on this.

They call football the ultimate team sport and that could be one reason why you don't see many trades unless teams are forced into it such as HOU. It's kind of tough to preach next man up and w/o injury you go outside to replace a starter that wasn't playing well etc.

Still, as fans we want to win and would make deals much more frequently.

HC-D...I didn't see him being a fit in PIT unless they thought Burnett was going to be down for the count...I see them going with Edmunds as the starter the balance of the year and Burnett in the dime role.

Apple...idk if he's an immediate upgrade...he's playing better this season, but overall Burns has been better actually.

It's starting to look as if Burns was late to a walk through or meeting and that's why he was benched. I was in favor of some of the bigger names like Peterson or Jenkins more than Conley, or Apple.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Eli Apple could ever be considered an upgrade..... He's reportedly been a cancer and a big underachiever since joining the league.

I never understood why the Packers soured on Ha Ha.... It seems like they've been thinking of moving on from him for a long time. I don't watch a lot of Packer football, but my understanding is that he is a decent safety.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They call football the ultimate team sport and that could be one reason why you don't see many trades unless teams are forced into it such as HOU. It's kind of tough to preach next man up and w/o injury you go outside to replace a starter that wasn't playing well etc.

Still, as fans we want to win and would make deals much more frequently.

HC-D...I didn't see him being a fit in PIT unless they thought Burnett was going to be down for the count...I see them going with Edmunds as the starter the balance of the year and Burnett in the dime role.

Apple...idk if he's an immediate upgrade...he's playing better this season, but overall Burns has been better actually.

It's starting to look as if Burns was late to a walk through or meeting and that's why he was benched. I was in favor of some of the bigger names like Peterson or Jenkins more than Conley, or Apple.

Peterson was definitely #1 on my list. I'm not sold on Burns, starting to think he was a flop, Burnett is turning out to be a bad signing and Edmunds is okay, not great but not bad either. There were better options available at that position in the draft but hindsight is what it is.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson was definitely #1 on my list. I'm not sold on Burns, starting to think he was a flop, Burnett is turning out to be a bad signing and Edmunds is okay, not great but not bad either. There were better options available at that position in the draft but hindsight is what it is.

I don't think anyone is sold on Burns really...given that Sensabaugh has a foot injury it will be interesting to see if Burns is still in the doghouse or not...if they go to Sutton, Burns is in deep.

Burnett has been a bad signing, but he has a chance to make up for some of the missed time. Edmunds is doing okay as you said, Bates is making them look bad for leaving him on the board, but I have no complaints really about Edmunds.

Bottomline, they didn't see themselves in dire need.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apple is garbage, not missing anything there. That one would be a completely lateral move between Burns or Sensabaugh.

I would have like to see a move for a CB.... Oh well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apple is garbage, not missing anything there. That one would be a completely lateral move between Burns or Sensabaugh.

I would have like to see a move for a CB.... Oh well.

Me as well. Burns was talking like he thought he might be traded.

The Steelers are going to be able to roll $7.7 mil (so far) of Bell's cap space into next year. Coupled with Shazier's cap hit...they're going to have some cap cash to go after an improvement on DEF, but the '19 FA market does not look that great for edge or CB.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me as well. Burns was talking like he thought he might be traded.

The Steelers are going to be able to roll $7.7 mil (so far) of Bell's cap space into next year. Coupled with Shazier's cap hit...they're going to have some cap cash to go after an improvement on DEF, but the '19 FA market does not look that great for edge or CB.
why would it in a year we have cash

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Apple wouldn't have been an upgrade.

HC-D interested me. But I think we have enough talent at S not to give up that kind of draft capital. Just needs time to groom.

If they were going to make a trade for a DB then it needed to be a big one or none at all. Like Peterson or Jenkins. They don't need to make lateral moves to try and save their secondary. That's just fools gold.