• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Trade Deadline

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt maybe next year, if he gets released for cap reasons, and would come here at a serious discount to play with his brothers and be a wave player in the twilight of his career.

Considering his injury history, he isn't worth much, and he can't be depended on to be a reliable contributor.

Quinnen, in my wildest dreams! I really do hope they try. Alualu and Cam are both up there in Football Years, and Tuitt has an injury history that is concerning. So getting some young talent on the DL, and to make it this guy?
giphy.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt maybe next year, if he gets released for cap reasons, and would come here at a serious discount to play with his brothers and be a wave player in the twilight of his career.

Considering his injury history, he isn't worth much, and he can't be depended on to be a reliable contributor.

Quinnen, in my wildest dreams! I really do hope they try. Alualu and Cam are both up there in Football Years, and Tuitt has an injury history that is concerning. So getting some young talent on the DL, and to make it this guy?
giphy.gif
Speaking of Watt & injury history... Color me pessimistic about Derek Watt. He's consistently injured or playing at less than 100% every damn week. I don't even recall seeing him last Sunday? Probably did but his usage was very small. Maybe just a ST guy.

I know things were rough with Rosie last year, but damn. FB position is quickly becoming a problem.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Watt & injury history... Color me pessimistic about Derek Watt. He's consistently injured or playing at less than 100% every damn week. I don't even recall seeing him last Sunday? Probably did but his usage was very small. Maybe just a ST guy.

I know things were rough with Rosie last year, but damn. FB position is quickly becoming a problem.
FB's have become an endangered species, anyway.

When it really came down to it, they had Henry 'Pawn in Game of Life' Monedaux in as a lead blocker. And it fucking worked.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FB's have become an endangered species, anyway.

When it really came down to it, they had Henry 'Pawn in Game of Life' Monedaux in as a lead blocker. And it fucking worked.
That Mondeaux play looked like sheer dumb luck though lol. Dude fell over blocking his guy and ended up taking out 2 guys (2nd guy just tripped over his legs lol).

I don't see that sort of play happening again lol. I think its a proven fact that this run game thrives behind a FB.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Mondeaux play looked like sheer dumb luck though lol. Dude fell over blocking his guy and ended up taking out 2 guys (2nd guy just tripped over his legs lol).

I don't see that sort of play happening again lol. I think its a proven fact that this run game thrives behind a FB.
Never really replaced Kreider. And it's not just Pittsburgh, league wide lead blocking FB's just barely exist, and the ones that do are a pale imitation of what came before.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obv get him if u can.
Tyson to miss two games at most btw!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obv get him if u can.
Tyson to miss two games at most btw!
Honestly I'd rest Alualu until Thanksgiving. They do need to upgrade depth until then though. Mondeaux looks like a pedestrian in there. Buggs needs help. Obviously Carlos Davis isn't ready if they are in favor of giving Mondeaux a gameday helmet. Or maybe Davis just isn't position flexible? If they need temporary relief they can just move Cam inside more often and let Buggs/Davis rotate inside/outside wherever Cam moves.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT Walton is a free agent... Known commodity that has plenty of experience in this system.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never really replaced Kreider. And it's not just Pittsburgh, league wide lead blocking FB's just barely exist, and the ones that do are a pale imitation of what came before.
Their counter run game has worked beautifully in the past with Rosie & the oppo-OG pulling... They used to abuse teams with it. Doesn't seem to work as well anymore though. Especially when Conner isn't getting leverage on the lead blocks. More often than not he is getting disrupted prior to getting outside with the pulling OG. O-line in general just isn't as dominant as it used to be.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'd rest Alualu until Thanksgiving. They do need to upgrade depth until then though. Mondeaux looks like a pedestrian in there. Buggs needs help. Obviously Carlos Davis isn't ready if they are in favor of giving Mondeaux a gameday helmet. Or maybe Davis just isn't position flexible? If they need temporary relief they can just move Cam inside more often and let Buggs/Davis rotate inside/outside wherever Cam moves.
Well honestly. If it’s a mild sprain...he’ll be fine. The two weeks could actually be overkill....

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avery is going to wear 51.

I'm sure everyone involved was fully cognizant of the Farrior connection doing that.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avery is going to wear 51.

I'm sure everyone involved was fully cognizant of the Farrior connection doing that.
I remember thinking this when they gave that number to Jon Bostic... Didn't turn out so well lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bostic:-( yeah just didn’t work out
Not to go more off topic, but that man was somewhat unfairly cast in this system. He was more of a Will LB than a Mike. He was signed to plug a hole after Shazier went down. The Mike's role is way more complex than the WIll (Vince's role). It's extremely difficult for the Steelers to draft/sign linebackers because of scheme fit. Bostic may have been a decent fit, but his coverage abilities were tough to stomach.

That was around the time we were bitching & moaning about LBers covering slot WRs lol. Now they have more athleticism there and those problems aren't nearly as apparent.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 minutes to go and the deadline passes.

Ooh well, Dream a little dream.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same guy that said this moments before/after:

Last edited:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same guy that said this moments before/after:

The only solution Gase is a part of is for the Jets to get in a position to take Lawrence #1.

But it won't be Gase helping to make that pick.

Trevor Lawrence right now is looking into financial insurance plans to stay in school for his Senior year.