• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Trade Deadline

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like we are in talks with the Jets to receive Avery Williamson in exchange for a pick. Initial thoughts? All rumors, no official word on a deal.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done deal!

Steelers give them their 5th Rd Pick in exchange for Williamson & a 7th Rd pick. Both picks are in 2022.

Great trade. My guess is they move UG3 to the PS now.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Not the big name guy that I'd think of in terms of trading for someone, but I like addressing the need. Giving up a 5th isn't a big deal either. So far, we have a 1, 2, 3, 2 4s, 2 6s and 3 7s. 10 draft picks next year so far. We have some trade equity we can give up to grabs someone else. Anyone out there worth trading for that's available?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. And with the Steelers gaining increasing confidence in Spillane too. So he's not going to come in as a savior. Stacking depth. Possibly the best player on the Jets D.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Not the big name guy that I'd think of in terms of trading for someone, but I like addressing the need. Giving up a 5th isn't a big deal either. So far, we have a 1, 2, 3, 2 4s, 2 6s and 3 7s. 10 draft picks next year so far. We have some trade equity we can give up to grabs someone else. Anyone out there worth trading for that's available?
I really hope Colbert takes advantage of all that lower end capital to move up. Package a 6th & 7th to get up to a 5th possibly. No need to carry that much bottom value that are essentially dart throws anyway.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers next moves.... DLineman would be nice after losing Wormley for the season. Buggs has performed admirably, but Mondeaux doesn't appear to be cutting it. If Alualu & Heyward are going to miss any sort of extended time, then I say pull the damn trigger. This window of opportunity is small. Gotta go all in for #7 & #7.

Maybe they can move Jaylen Samuels & a draft pick for someone...

Whatever they do, just don't give up Cam Sutton. He's way too important with Mike Hilton likely heading out after this season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. And with the Steelers gaining increasing confidence in Spillane too. So he's not going to come in as a savior. Stacking depth. Possibly the best player on the Jets D.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More good news is they completed this trade for an LB, and not for a DL.

That means whatever is going on with Alualu and Heyward isn't serious.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe. It was in the works before the game yesterday is my understanding . So the injuries don’t really have bearing on this.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice seeing them make moves to improve.

Still would like to see some improvements to the Dline and yeah TE. Not sure there are any good TE's out there on expiring contracts but Ebron is soft and scares me every time the ball is anywhere near him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice seeing them make moves to improve.

Still would like to see some improvements to the Dline and yeah TE. Not sure there are any good TE's out there on expiring contracts but Ebron is soft and scares me every time the ball is anywhere near him.
Agree on TE. Honestly the recipe for TE could be as simple as just getting Vance more involved. They could give Gentry a shot at in-line blocking to take the pressure off McDonald in that role so they can get Vance more involved in the passing game.

But we know they won't. They have a lot of confidence in Ebron right now. He's still their shiny new toy that they keep thinking "is only scratching the surface". We might have to wait until Ebron gets injured (usually does every year) before we see them finally realize they need Vance.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would love to finally get some sort of word on their status. It was encouraging to see Alualu walking around on the sidelines, but man he took a nasty shot to the knee. I'm betting he swelled up big time and was held out as a precaution.

Heyward... Really hoping that he just cramped up hard yesterday. He was running on fumes on that last drive.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on TE. Honestly the recipe for TE could be as simple as just getting Vance more involved. They could give Gentry a shot at in-line blocking to take the pressure off McDonald in that role so they can get Vance more involved in the passing game.

But we know they won't. They have a lot of confidence in Ebron right now. He's still their shiny new toy that they keep thinking "is only scratching the surface". We might have to wait until Ebron gets injured (usually does every year) before we see them finally realize they need Vance.
Yeah two plays yesterday came to mind if Vance caught the ball better things would have happened.

1. Ebron was wide open and fell to the ground. Instead of getting up and trying for more yards he layed there expecting to get hit. No one was 5 yards around him.
2. I think it was in the 3rd quarter he caught the ball short of the 1st down marker and instead of plowing over the smaller DB he went down faster than a hooker..... (yeah you get the idea :) )

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah two plays yesterday came to mind if Vance caught the ball better things would have happened.

1. Ebron was wide open and fell to the ground. Instead of getting up and trying for more yards he layed there expecting to get hit. No one was 5 yards around him.
2. I think it was in the 3rd quarter he caught the ball short of the 1st down marker and instead of plowing over the smaller DB he went down faster than a hooker..... (yeah you get the idea :) )
Well its a slight upgrade vs previous weeks when he couldn't even secure a catch to save his life... After that 1st series against Baltimore when the ball went right through his hands & off his knee... man wtf... Here we go again.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone be upset if they popped a 2nd round pick to the Jets for Quinnen, too?

Doesn't seem like anyone is safe in NY. Chatter about him possibly being moved too.

The Steelers are in Win Now mode, right? Gotta keep that DL beefed.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone be upset if they popped a 2nd round pick to the Jets for Quinnen, too?

Doesn't seem like anyone is safe in NY. Chatter about him possibly being moved too.

The Steelers are in Win Now mode, right? Gotta keep that DL beefed.
Fuckin A, a 2nd is an easy trade for me... He's a 1st Rd talent without question.

I'd be on the phone right now to the Jets.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His base salaries are reasonable AF. And comes in pretty cheap overall.

Base salaries under 1 million, roster bonus already paid for this year. Next year roster for 2.7MM, then 4.1MM.

If he can get pried for a 2nd, that would be amazing.

Dunbar was his (red shirt) line coach in Bama.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His base salaries are reasonable AF. And comes in pretty cheap overall.

Base salaries under 1 million, roster bonus already paid for this year. Next year roster for 2.7MM, then 4.1MM.

If he can get pried for a 2nd, that would be amazing.

Dunbar was his (red shirt) line coach in Bama.
Dude this would be a Minkah-level trade if they pull it off.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of big names to watch today... JJ Watt & Quinnen Williams.

Steelers don't have the space for Watt, but Williams would be a huge get.