• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Toronto Blue Jays @ the Texas Rangers 5/16 - 5/18

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess it's true.

Daniels said Fielder and Kinsler were not given physicals as part of the trade in November, though the Tigers' and Rangers' medical staffs exchanged information.
Daniels said it wasn't something that the club likely would have discovered on a physical anyway and it didn't come up in his spring training exam.
"He had never been symptomatic, so I don't know that we would have done cervical X-rays and an MRI. That's not standard," Daniels said.

Just keep the bad news coming. JC I've never seen anything like this.

It's hurt him since 2013 and no one thought to do just a regular x-ray? Why wouldn't he have told someone...
:wtf2:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Gallo may be promoted to Frisco in June.... if true, I'm going to more Frisco games. (Since I'm in mckinney...haha)

I live in Euless but I've never been out there. Since Gallo has been my favorite minor leaguer for over a year I'll have to make this trip a few times.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hurt him since 2013 and no one thought to do just a regular x-ray? Why wouldn't he have told someone...
:wtf2:
I guess you have to be grateful it came out. It sounds like this could have gone on and on. I can't believe an injection alone will fix it with all that has gone on with Harry. JD, man...

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Durrett ‏@espn_durrett 6m
#Rangers Martin Perez announces he'll have Tommy John surgery on Monday. Dr. Keith Meister will handle it.

In other news, Elvis Andress woke up with a hangnail, out 6 to 8 weeks!

Last edited by a moderator:

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a very legitimate question to ask - why weren't physicals done and how were we not aware that Prince was having this problem last year...it's called due diligence, I live with this stuff everyday, and it would be a major, major error if we had not done our homework prior to inking this deal...

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you have to be grateful it came out. It sounds like this could have gone on and on. I can't believe an injection alone will fix it with all that has gone on with Harry. JD, man...

At least we do have a replacement for him in the form of MM.

This could be a small blessing in disguise. Meaning, we're catching this hopefully early enough in the season to nip it - although it's been around for a year - and again, we do have Moreland.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game is back on FSSW tonight. Hopefully a few more of our posters can join in.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I read the article again. Prince was not symptomatic, and medical information was shared. But no physicals were done. I guess we must have determined that any neck issue he had last year was a simple problem not worthy of concern??

I think if I was about to invest $130 million in somebody, I would have had a physical done....

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I read the article again. Prince was not symptomatic, and medical information was shared. But no physicals were done. I guess we must have determined that any neck issue he had last year was a simple problem not worthy of concern??

I think if I was about to invest $130 million in somebody, I would have had a physical done....

I agree. It doesn't make much sense. That's why I said I couldn't believe it.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Durretts article:

Daniels said Fielder's neck injury wasn't something the club likely would have discovered in a physical anyway, and it didn't come up in his spring training exam, either.

"He had never been symptomatic, so I don't know that we would have done cervical X-rays and an MRI. That's not standard," Daniels said.

Did anybody not bother to ask him if anything was bothering him in his spring exam?? Or did he decide to hide it??

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we find out Prince has herniated disks in his neck and even worse ones in his back... wow, this could be bad. Picking up that contract was already starting to become questionable and those disc's are not going to just go away. Maybe he can play through it though.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Durretts article:

Daniels said Fielder's neck injury wasn't something the club likely would have discovered in a physical anyway, and it didn't come up in his spring training exam, either.

Did anybody not bother to ask him if anything was bothering him in his spring exam?? Or did he decide to hide it??
He had a down year last year, did anyone think it could have been because of something physical? This is odd to say the least.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to overreact to Fielder's injury.

But to me, if I'm investing this much time/money I'd do every exam known to man before unassing $130 million. That just seems like prudent business to me.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if JD feels he got screwed by Dombrowski?

He might but I doubt it. I think even he knows that falls on him. He has to find these sort of things out before he pulls the trigger.