• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Toronto Blue Jays @ the Texas Rangers 5/16 - 5/18

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Done with this shitty offense, its absurd they can't score runs for Darvish and he's left in long enough to have that shit happen

Yep he was at 101 pitches after 7 innings. If this offense produces and gives Darvish 3 or 4 runs then he does not even see the 8th inning.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep he was at 101 pitches after 7 innings. If this offense produces and gives Darvish 3 or 4 runs then he does not even see the 8th inning.

That's true. Wash also left him out there because he knows he's going to need his bullpen a lot in the next 2 days.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's true. Wash also left him out there because he knows he's going to need his bullpen a lot in the next 2 days.

Its unacceptable that he gets so little run support at home. Not sure what to expect from this team in the coming weeks.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its unacceptable that he gets so little run support at home. Not sure what to expect from this team in the coming weeks.

I don't expect much from them the rest of the year. At some point we will get Holland back but our rotation will still be well below an average MLB rotation. If there's any chance our offense will have to come alive. This offense reminds me of last years though. No extra base hits. They can't string hits together, and the situational hitting is terrible.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there is still a lot
Of game left but I think this teams window has closed. They're a good team when healthy but I don't think they're a playoff team IMO

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta trade EA for an outfielder or a young pitcher at the deadline or at the end of the season. Just saying, its best for the team. Time to try something new.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't expect much from them the rest of the year. At some point we will get Holland back but our rotation will still be well below an average MLB rotation. If there's any chance our offense will have to come alive. This offense reminds me of last years though. No extra base hits. They can't string hits together, and the situational hitting is terrible.

Yeah and were not even close to being on pace to hit as many hr's and score as many runs as last year. I was not too worried after 20 games but now were talking about 42 games. Thought with playing Houston 3 games, these 3 games at home against Toronto and 2 with Seattle that we could get back over 500. Does not help to waste another very good start at home by Yu

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May be possible we have lost too much of the heart and soul of this team along with getting our butts kicked with players on the DL. And we are slow at making changes to anything. Did it take a DL to get Scheppers out of the starting rotation? And how was he the opening day starter? Should we have proven starters not really accustomed to the pen start and move Ross to the pen? And the offense? I have no answers for that other than my thoughts in the first sentence. Anyone notice our offense was at its best when KK was playing.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He shouldn't have been out there for the 8th anyway.

Yu admitted he was fatigued after 90 pitches in his last outing, yet he threw 126 due to the circumstances. We gave him 2 extra days rest, and yet let him throw 116.

MAKES NO SENSE.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the DMN today:

A planned meeting between general manager Jon Daniels and Felix Olivo, who represents Perez, to determine a course of action was pushed back to Saturday. Olivo told several Venezuelan media outlets that Perez wants to have the surgery and the club is asking him to wait.

“I’m still trying to wrap my head around what’s going on and trying to let it sink that it might have been my last game,’’ said Harrison."

“The guys that I have in the position they’re in, if they don’t get it done, we’re not going to get it done,” Washington said. “It’s just that simple.”

They also wasted another strong pitching performance by Yu Darvish, who shut down the Blue Jays until the eighth inning. For the fourth time this season, the Rangers failed to score with Darvish in the game.

The main engines continued to sputter. Adrian Beltre, Prince Fielder and Alex Rios, the Nos. 3-5 hitters, combined for one single in 11 at-bats. For the season, that power trio has nine homers and 50 RBIs. The middle of the Rangers’ lineup is in a close competition with Jose Abreu, who has 12 homers and 41 RBIs with the Chicago White Sox.

My observations: (1) I know the surgery for Perez is tough to swallow. But we/Perez be better off just biting the bullet? (2) My heart goes out to Harry. But I'm afraid we've seen the last of him. What a shame. (3) We were discussing signing Yu long term yesterday/day before. I suspect his agent is keeping a sharp eye on all the lack of run support for future "negotiations."

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the DMN today:

A planned meeting between general manager Jon Daniels and Felix Olivo, who represents Perez, to determine a course of action was pushed back to Saturday. Olivo told several Venezuelan media outlets that Perez wants to have the surgery and the club is asking him to wait.

“I’m still trying to wrap my head around what’s going on and trying to let it sink that it might have been my last game,’’ said Harrison."

“The guys that I have in the position they’re in, if they don’t get it done, we’re not going to get it done,” Washington said. “It’s just that simple.”

They also wasted another strong pitching performance by Yu Darvish, who shut down the Blue Jays until the eighth inning. For the fourth time this season, the Rangers failed to score with Darvish in the game.

The main engines continued to sputter. Adrian Beltre, Prince Fielder and Alex Rios, the Nos. 3-5 hitters, combined for one single in 11 at-bats. For the season, that power trio has nine homers and 50 RBIs. The middle of the Rangers’ lineup is in a close competition with Jose Abreu, who has 12 homers and 41 RBIs with the Chicago White Sox.

My observations: (1) I know the surgery for Perez is tough to swallow. But we/Perez be better off just biting the bullet? (2) My heart goes out to Harry. But I'm afraid we've seen the last of him. What a shame. (3) We were discussing signing Yu long term yesterday/day before. I suspect his agent is keeping a sharp eye on all the lack of run support for future "negotiations."

Why would they try and stop Perez from having the surgery now...a window to Holland? Right now the offense is horrible, we don't know how long until Holland is back to form. There's no reason to delay the inevitable, and there's no guarantee he's going to pitch okay with a partial tear.

No thanks, I'd like to hear the Surgery is scheduled for Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an interview with Harry lamenting "not being able to walk at the age of 28" versus trying to pitch through the pain. He's right. I personally don't think there's anyone who's going to be effective while trying to deal with the pain he will have, with his condition.
There's no way it's worth it, and I hope he makes the right decision for himself...he needs the fusion surgery.

I'm sure he's a mess trying to figure this out, and no one doubts he's heartbroken.
It's okay Harry, do what's best for your life.
It's highly unlikely he can ever pitch again after that surgery, admittedly...I don't know if there's any data at all on a MLB pitcher coming back from a lower fusion, but I really doubt it.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers are probably luck other teams aren't doing well in the west

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the FO still thinks they can compete. That's the only logical reason for not giving Perez the surgery. With rest, he could come back in 12 weeks. I'm skeptical, why do you want a pitcher with a partial tear and a bright future to risk his health for a season that probably won't end in a playoff berth anyway. The lineup is a bigger problem then the pitching staff.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May be possible we have lost too much of the heart and soul of this team along with getting our butts kicked with players on the DL. And we are slow at making changes to anything. Did it take a DL to get Scheppers out of the starting rotation? And how was he the opening day starter? Should we have proven starters not really accustomed to the pen start and move Ross to the pen? And the offense? I have no answers for that other than my thoughts in the first sentence. Anyone notice our offense was at its best when KK was playing.
Yeah, losing Gentry, Kinsler, Cruz and Murphy in one offseason could have come back and hurt us. They were, for the most part, lengthy main stays to this organization. Fielder may just need one year with the team under his belt to really come out swinging. Choo as well, though he's not doing badly.

I wanted JD to at least keep Cruz one year for chemistry's sake. Convince him he'd play occasional outfield. Or maybe trade Kinsler for Fister since Detroit 'gave' him to the Nationals. Whatever it's basically a new team with quite a few players trying to fit in.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they try and stop Perez from having the surgery now...a window to Holland? Right now the offense is horrible, we don't know how long until Holland is back to form. There's no reason to delay the inevitable, and there's no guarantee he's going to pitch okay with a partial tear.

No thanks, I'd like to hear the Surgery is scheduled for Monday.

Absolutely not a window to Holland. He'll be back before Perez even if he goes the rest/rehab route and it goes well. That's another reason why putting off the surgery seems foolish to me.