• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top QBs In 2015

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You hold an honest prejudice over someone just based off the NFL team they cheer for?

That's pretty sad buddy. I don't think less of you because you are a Bears fan. In fact, I only made that joke because you WERE a Bears fan and I thought we were messing around.
Yeah I'm really only kidding. I just hate the fact that your team knocked the best chance the Bears had at having a franchise QB out due to a cheap shot, then got rewarded with favre, and then further rewarded with Rodgers.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm really only kidding. I just hate the fact that your team knocked the best chance the Bears had at having a franchise QB out due to a cheap shot, then got rewarded with favre, and then further rewarded with Rodgers.
That must have happened before I was born (1989). Could you send me a link? I did not even know a Green Bay player ended a promising Bears QB's career with a cheap shot, and I have studied NFL history quite a bit (need to be able to argue on equal ground with my old man).

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That must have happened before I was born (1989). Could you send me a link? I did not even know a Green Bay player ended a promising Bears QB's career with a cheap shot, and I have studied NFL history quite a bit (need to be able to argue on equal ground with my old man).
It was a long time ago. And it has nothing to do with what's going on today, but....

People say he sucked, but I think he could've been great, since he dominated in the playoffs the year they won the super bowl in his third year. Ironically he went on to win a Super Bowl as favre's back up. It happened the year after they won the super bowl and he was never the same afterwards.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a long time ago. And it has nothing to do with what's going on today, but....

People say he sucked, but I think he could've been great, since he dominated in the playoffs the year they won the super bowl in his third year. Ironically he went on to win a Super Bowl as favre's back up. It happened the year after they won the super bowl and he was never the same afterwards.
Wow. . .yeah, that is as cheap a shot as I have ever seen.

I knew about Jim McMahon of course. I know he was the Bear's QB during their 85 Super Bowl run. But I also know that team kind of came apart afterwords and I just kind of assumed he just tailed off like a lot of those great players after that insane run.

That is really too bad. I did not know it was only his 3rd year when he won the big game. That does suck.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. . .yeah, that is as cheap a shot as I have ever seen.

I knew about Jim McMahon of course. I know he was the Bear's QB during their 85 Super Bowl run. But I also know that team kind of came apart afterwords and I just kind of assumed he just tailed off like a lot of those great players after that insane run.

That is really too bad. I did not know it was only his 3rd year when he won the big game. That does suck.
It was 30 years ago though. And you can't feel bad because you gave the man a second Super Bowl ring. It just fuels the anger inside of me when I see Aaron Rodgers/ Brett Favre continuously torch the Bears and no Bears QB ever has an answer. The Bears haven't even had a quality QB since then. I think a big reason for that is the Chicago sports fans/media were then blessed with MJ and have expected athletes of the same calibre ever since and burn everyone that doesn't compare within a year of their arrival. I'm a Bears fan, but most Bears fans are just incredibly stupid. Just watch a home Bears game when they are on offense, and you'll understand what I mean.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 30 years ago though. And you can't feel bad because you gave the man a second Super Bowl ring. It just fuels the anger inside of me when I see Aaron Rodgers/ Brett Favre continuously torch the Bears and no Bears QB ever has an answer. The Bears haven't even had a quality QB since then. I think a big reason for that is the Chicago sports fans/media were then blessed with MJ and have expected athletes of the same calibre ever since and burn everyone that doesn't compare within a year of their arrival. I'm a Bears fan, but most Bears fans are just incredibly stupid. Just watch a home Bears game when they are on offense, and you'll understand what I mean.
Heh, I am also a Bulls fan (did not start watching the NBA until 2001 though, so I missed all the MJ years. I just won't cheer for any team from Milwaukee because of some bad experiences I have had there. I am originally from North East Wisconsin).

I would not call most Bears fans "incredibly stupid". I just think it is unreasonable to expect fans to have the same amount of insane dedication and knowledge as I (and, obviously, you) have.

Seriously, most of us who post here have an unhealthy amount invested in our team(s).

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, I am also a Bulls fan (did not start watching the NBA until 2001 though, so I missed all the MJ years. I just won't cheer for any team from Milwaukee because of some bad experiences I have had there. I am originally from North East Wisconsin).

I would not call most Bears fans "incredibly stupid". I just think it is unreasonable to expect fans to have the same amount of insane dedication and knowledge as I (and, obviously, you) have.

Seriously, most of us who post here have an unhealthy amount invested in our team(s).
First of all, thanks for the compliment. Anyway, it's not about knowledge though. The fans are loud when the team is on offense. If they are doing well the fans are cheering the whole time, if they are doing badly the fans boo. They never shut the fuck up and let the offense communicate. It's irritating at times.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, thanks for the compliment. Anyway, it's not about knowledge though. The fans are loud when the team is on offense. If they are doing well the fans are cheering the whole time, if they are doing badly the fans boo. They never shut the fuck up and let the offense communicate. It's irritating at times.
I dunno if I would call it a "compliment". I just said you have the same unhealthy obsession as I have :P

I have never been to Soldier Field, but if that is the case, yeah, those guys need to shut the hell up. I have been to the Georgia Dome for some Packer games when I was living in Georgia (including the divisional round game against the Falcons on Green Bay's 2010 Super Bowl run. Still the best night of my life) and even the ATL fans know to quite down when their team is on offense.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if I would call it a "compliment". I just said you have the same unhealthy obsession as I have :p

I have never been to Soldier Field, but if that is the case, yeah, those guys need to shut the hell up. I have been to the Georgia Dome for some Packer games when I was living in Georgia (including the divisional round game against the Falcons on Green Bay's 2010 Super Bowl run. Still the best night of my life) and even the ATL fans know to quite down when their team is on offense.
Just watch a Bears game on TV. In situations where Broncos fans and packers fans are quiet, Bears fans are loud. Very rarely are they ever quiet. It's not just that though. The Chicago media is unrelenting. If a Bears QB struggles, the media crucifies him. If Aaron Rodgers was drafted by the Bears, he would've started earlier than he should've, been crucified by the fans and media because he sucked the first year he played, and gone on elsewhere. The expectations for a quality QB are unreal in Chicago and it's completely unfounded because they haven't had a truly great QB since Sid Luckman.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watch a Bears game on TV. In situations where Broncos fans and packers fans are quiet, Bears fans are loud. Very rarely are they ever quiet. It's not just that though. The Chicago media is unrelenting. If a Bears QB struggles, the media crucifies him. If Aaron Rodgers was drafted by the Bears, he would've started earlier than he should've, been crucified by the fans and media because he sucked the first year he played, and gone on elsewhere. The expectations for a quality QB are unreal in Chicago and it's completely unfounded because they haven't had a truly great QB since Sid Luckman.
Your point is understood and accepted.

Now, we have completely hijacked this thread.

Anyone posting below me, please keep it on topic, unlike we did.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regular season
1)Rodgers

Playoffs
1)Flacco

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Aaron Rodgers (common sense)
2. Ben Roethlisberger (been doing it for years, but now that he finally has the talent around him he is really starting to shine... This offense looks great on paper, but can they continue the success? I put Luck below him because of last seasons game where Ben owned 522yds to beat the Colts. He should go again crazy this season)
3. Andrew Luck (This kid is going to take Rodgers' place before long. They put more talent around him, so expect big things again)
4. Tony Romo (One of the most underrated QBs out there. Sure he chokes in critical situations, but you can't deny that he won't end up in the top 5 in most QB stat categories by seasons end. Not to mention his great O-line got even better, as if that was possible)
5. Russell Wilson (A dynamic playmaker regardless of what people think of him. The addition of Graham will help his case for the top 5)
6. Cam Newton (Like RW, a dynamic playmaker. He proved that having a relatively unknown WR corps didn't mean anything in terms of success. Even with a inconsistent defense last year, this team still found success. Look for him to improve with LY's emergence of Benjamin)
7. Tom Brady (Having a healthy Gronk keeps him firmly in the top 10. Should have a few good seasons left in him. But he has the potential to slip further on this list)
8. Phillip Rivers (Contract year. He's looking to cash in big in SD or retire early from the sound of it. He will need a great season to boost his case)
9. Matt Ryan (Improved O-line. If his WR corps can ever stay healthy then he will post a big season)
10. Drew Brees (Struggled to keep him in the top 10 but couldn't justify ranking anyone else ahead of him. I'm not a firm believer without Graham in the offense. They struggled with consistency when Graham wasn't on the field last season. Still a great system for any QB to be in, so he should still find success. Even with a roller coaster ride-like season last year Brees still finished tied for 1st in yards)

Narrow misses: Peyton Manning (Looked miserable last postseason. But he has too much talent around him to fail. He's looking for one or 2 more final hoorah's before calling it a career. Hard to count him out). Eli Manning (ODB is destined for greatness. If you can get the football within 5-10yards of him, its 90% probability that he will come down with it. Having Victor Cruz back will open things up, Donnell emerged as a great option, and Eli's O-line has improved. Great recipe for success). Joe Flacco (needs to improve during reg season on the road for me to believe he belongs any higher. Still a proven QB. Adding solid TE's in the draft will help open things up). Ryan Tannehill (Losing Wallace could put his offense in a bind. Wallace isn't a great WR, but he really opens things up for the entire offense. Also losing Hartline & Clay makes for more questions. Still a solid talent, and his O-line is starting to figure itself out). Matt Stafford (Pretty inconsistent, but he always finishes top 10 in yards. If he can connect the dots then he'll be hard to keep out of the top 10)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK that was funny. Had you been NEPatsFan I wouldn't think you were joking.

Oh Hell, who am I kidding I thought you two were one in the same three days ago.
We try keeping our advesaries on their toes:D

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you're a Seahawks fan. Do you see him making anything other than wide open throws outside of Hail Marys or throws with the game on the line? It's part of the reason I think he's good. I'm not saying he can't do it, I'm saying he chooses to do it at opportune times when it is necessary. For Graham to be a great TE this year he will need to do a lot more than catch 1 or 2 big receptions.

That's fair. Can't argue any of this.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Luck (He's added Andre Johnson, Frank Gore, and Philip Dorsett. The guy has really only had one viable weapon in T.Y. Hilton. Now he could have two more. Watch out.)
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Peyton
5. Rivers
6. Tannehill (he will make the jump to stardom this year.)
7. Cam
8. Big Ben
9. Russell Wilson (Graham will help him a little. I still need to see him operate with a top receiving option though. When I watch Wilson I only see him throw to wide open receivers. I don't see Graham being wide open much, but his big body allows him to gather balls thrown to him. I don't know if Wilson will throw to him as much as Brees did though.)
10. Jameis Winston (I think he's stepping into an offense that could be good for him. 2 Big WRs will make it easier on him for sure.)

I like throwing some surprises in my list.
Wow! Ballsy list.

What makes you think Tannehill will be that close to top 5? Just curious. I think he is solid, as I stated in my list, but there are just too many questions within that offense for me to consider him a top 10 QB in 2015. Obviously that is pure speculation since I am not a fan of the franchise, nor do I follow them closely. I just think losing Wallace, Hartline, & Clay are going to put a bind on Tannehill. I like Landry, but are Stills & Parker enough to compliment? Hard to say.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Ballsy list.

What makes you think Tannehill will be that close to top 5? Just curious. I think he is solid, as I stated in my list, but there are just too many questions within that offense for me to consider him a top 10 QB in 2015. Obviously that is pure speculation since I am not a fan of the franchise, nor do I follow them closely. I just think losing Wallace, Hartline, & Clay are going to put a bind on Tannehill. I like Landry, but are Stills & Parker enough to compliment? Hard to say.
Just growth and development. I never thought much of the weapons he had in Miami anyway. I think Landry, Parker, and Stills are more than enough to pick up the slack.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just growth and development. I never thought much of the weapons he had in Miami anyway. I think Landry, Parker, and Stills are more than enough to pick up the slack.
Wasn't their O-line in shambles for most of the season? Or was that just out of the gate? I remember their LT position being a major weakpoint.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bump: