• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I asked ChatGPT to list its top 10 all-time NFL QB’s

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ChatGPT just filters all the info that is out there in the Web/Cloud and sends back reasonable results based on your query, which need to be curated to be truly accurate.

My guess is that there are not enough mentions of Mahomes as “GOAT” in the Web because the other guys were around for many more years. Bradshaw, meh, that was a great Steelers team in those Steel Curtain days … his stats aren’t that great.

Also, it is hard to classify GOATs in the middle of their careers as opposed to guys who already put in a full body of work, and are retired (except for Rodgers on that list).
I think it just filters top 10 lists people made on the cloud, so even a little worse than what you're saying. But yeah, it's still a "stupid" AI despite all the hype.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it just filters top 10 lists people made on the cloud, so even a little worse than what you're saying. But yeah, it's still a "stupid" AI despite all the hype.
I agree about that view on AI for people who just take it for granted that the results are marvelous and take AI as a real substitution for the brains behind it all. Maybe someday that could be true, but I doubt it, and we are nowhere near that yet. In fact, AI is built upon huge amounts of data; data comes from real people writing things and real life experiences and work.

In other words, if “real” people and brains stop contributing and inventing stuff, AI and Machine Learning would probably come to a complete halt. AI & ML needs input from the real world to survive, and survive it will. It has many practical uses. IMO, AI is a tool to improve processes, not a substitution for the real thing.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another comment on ChatGTP and similar technologies:
I know people who prompt AI with well structured questions to write articles for blogs and such. Then they proceed to post the information as gospel without any further review; tch tch, bad practice and open to possible plagiarism if not properly curated and edited.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good list but I would have Johnny Unitas at #1. Why ? Well I take the era that they played into account Johnny passed the ball better than anyone when it was 3 yards and a cloud of dust type football And passing the ball was almost a afterthough, Montana would be #2 with Brady 3 Staubach should be in the top 10. We all have our built in biases
JMHO

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inspired by the thread @ElPatron1 made on the NBA Forum

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Johnny Unitas
4. Peyton Manning
5. Brett Favre
6. Dan Marino
7. John Elway
8. Aaron Rodgers
9. Terry Bradshaw
10. Drew Brees.

Good lord. Chat GPT is racist.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good list but I would have Johnny Unitas at #1. Why ? Well I take the era that they played into account Johnny passed the ball better than anyone when it was 3 yards and a cloud of dust type football And passing the ball was almost a afterthough, Montana would be #2 with Brady 3 Staubach should be in the top 10. We all have our built in biases
JMHO
I'd make room for Bart Starr in the top 10, too, if we're adjusting for era. Len Dawson top 15.

If you just get the top 3 QBs of each era you could get a really solid top 15 as long as you dont go too far back.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inspired by the thread @ElPatron1 made on the NBA Forum

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Johnny Unitas
4. Peyton Manning
5. Brett Favre
6. Dan Marino
7. John Elway
8. Aaron Rodgers
9. Terry Bradshaw
10. Drew Brees.
I am just realizing this...where the fuck is Steve Young????

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Peyton Manning
4. Johnny Unitas
5. Roger Staubach
6. Dan Marino
7. Steve Young
8. Aaron Rodgers
9. Brett Favre
10. Drew Brees

off list: Horse Face, Terry Bradshaw

To be considered: Patty Mahomes, Bart Starr, Otto Graham

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Factoring in wins, MVPs, all pros, offensive player of the year awards, playoff success, supporting casts...a rough top 10.

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Joe Montana
4. Johnny Unitas
5. Aaron Rodgers
6. Steve Young
7. Bart Starr
8. Roger Staubach
9. Brett Favre
10. Dan Marino

I suspect I'll get come crap for that Marino placement. He had a slightly disappointing career for how talented he was. If it was based on eyeball test he'd be top 4.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Factoring in wins, MVPs, all pros, offensive player of the year awards, playoff success, supporting casts...a rough top 10.

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Joe Montana
4. Johnny Unitas
5. Aaron Rodgers
6. Steve Young
7. Bart Starr
8. Roger Staubach
9. Brett Favre
10. Dan Marino

I suspect I'll get come crap for that Marino placement. He had a slightly disappointing career for how talented he was. If it was based on eyeball test he'd be top 4.
I loved Marino! Thought he was the epitome of a pocket passer. Talk about a dissapointing career though. Duper and Clayton if memory is right were his go too early on.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Marino! Thought he was the epitome of a pocket passer. Talk about a dissapointing career though. Duper and Clayton if memory is right were his go too early on.
Yeah, the 2 Marks were his guys early on but honestly, neither one was what you would call a superstar. The fact that they are top of Miami's all time receiving list is more of a testament to Marino than a lot of people give him credit for. Both solid players but not great. Miami's WR history isn't exactly stellar though.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Joe Montana
4. Johnny Unitas
5. Aaron Rodgers
6. Steve Young
7. Bart Starr
8. Roger Staubach
9. Brett Favre
10. Dan Marino

Yeah, the lack of talent around Marino should be considered, imo. The playoff success thing always bugs me when it comes to some of these guys. I get it to a point but Peyton Manning for as great of a regular season QB as he was and all the records and MVPs was never really stellar in the SB. Had a few good games here and there in the play-offs ( almost always at home) but his SB wins were because of his defenses and certainly not his play. Mediocre vs. the Bears and was totally washed up vs. the Panthers. Was shitty vs. the Saints and Seahawks in losses. I would definitely have Unitas and Montana ahead of Manning on any list but that's just me.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the 2 Marks were his guys early on but honestly, neither one was what you would call a superstar. The fact that they are top of Miami's all time receiving list is more of a testament to Marino than a lot of people give him credit for. Both solid players but not great. Miami's WR history isn't exactly stellar though.
His release was off the hook. Stand in the pocket and last millisecond before he got blasted ... out of his hand for a strike.

At 23 took them to the dance. Never made it back and he had a looooong career.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Playoff Nick Foles
nick foles football GIF by Bleacher Report

Philadelphia Eagles Football GIF by Bleacher Report

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another comment on ChatGTP and similar technologies:
I know people who prompt AI with well structured questions to write articles for blogs and such. Then they proceed to post the information as gospel without any further review; tch tch, bad practice and open to possible plagiarism if not properly curated and edited.
Professionally, we're being told to use it to become faster. "If we're not using it someone else is." Accuracy does not seem to be important at the moment.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the lack of talent around Marino should be considered, imo. The playoff success thing always bugs me when it comes to some of these guys. I get it to a point but Peyton Manning for as great of a regular season QB as he was and all the records and MVPs was never really stellar in the SB. Had a few good games here and there in the play-offs ( almost always at home) but his SB wins were because of his defenses and certainly not his play. Mediocre vs. the Bears and was totally washed up vs. the Panthers. Was shitty vs. the Saints and Seahawks in losses. I would definitely have Unitas and Montana ahead of Manning on any list but that's just me.
Denver's loss against Seattle was in huge part due to injuries. I think there is a great chance Seattle still wins the game if Denver was at full strength but Denver wasn't even close to full strength IIRC. The playoff success thing is a similar topic with Peyton and Marino but man does Peyton's career bring a whole lot more to the table. Peyton Manning has 5 MVPs and did it across two teams. 7x first team all pro. 14x pro bowl. 3x passer rating leader. Montana has 2 MVPS on one team. 3x first team all pro. 8x pro bowl. 2x passer rating leader. Yeah, Peyton has some flaws in the playoffs. 14-13 over his career. Both teams totally fell apart after he left, though. Colts had the #1 pick. Broncos have been in purgatory ever since.

Some of Peyton's playoff losses are a bit weird, too. You have the Steelers gave where Big Ben makes the tackle on the Bettis fumble and then the Colts shank the FG. I think the Jets beat him once in OT without him seeing the field in OT IIRC. Saints did an onside kick against Peyton in the Super Bowl. Patriots had a regular season game where they went for it on 4th down deep in their own territory. Peyton commanded a ton of respect and played a really long time. 69 more wins than Montana. I think at some point Peyton just has too many accolades to really put him anywhere but #2.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of Peyton's playoff losses are a bit weird, too. You have the Steelers gave where Big Ben makes the tackle on the Bettis fumble and then the Colts shank the FG. I think the Jets beat him once in OT without him seeing the field in OT IIRC. Saints did an onside kick against Peyton in the Super Bowl. Patriots had a regular season game where they went for it on 4th down deep in their own territory. Peyton commanded a ton of respect and played a really long time. 69 more wins than Montana. I think at some point Peyton just has too many accolades to really put him anywhere but #2.
Not according to Irsay......