• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top QBs In 2015

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger top list of NFL's best QBs - NFL.com

Dave Dameshek's List:
Tier One
1. Aaron Rodgers
Tier Two
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. Tom Brady
4. Andrew Luck
5. Russell Wilson
6. Drew Brees
7. Cam Newton
8. Phillip Rivers
Tier Unclear
9. Peyton Manning
Tier Three
10. Eli Manning
(followed by Romo, Flacco, Ryan, & A. Smith in Tier 3)

Elliot Harrison's List:
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Ben Roethlisberger
4. Drew Brees
5. Tony Romo
6. Andrew Luck
7. Russell Wilson
8. Peyton Manning
9. Phillip Rivers
10. Alex Smith

This is about predicting the best QBs in 2015, not about who are the best QBs based off accomplishments.

Thoughts?

So who makes your top 10 list for 2015?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of knee-jerk thoughts...

*Without Graham, does Brees really belong in the top 10?
*Alex Smith at #10? What are you smoking Harrison?
*No love for Flacco apparently. I'm ok with that...

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton at #7 jumped out at me
Eli manning at 10 as well
Big ben #2 seems high

on the other list
Alex smith way too high
Romo and brees are too high as well

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 Cutler (I'm playin)

1 Rodgers
2 Brady
3 Luck
4 Roethlisberger
5 Romo
6 Brees
7 Wilson
8 Rivers
9 Ryan
10 E. Manning

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton at #7 jumped out at me
Eli manning at 10 as well
Big ben #2 seems high

on the other list
Alex smith way too high
Romo and brees are too high as well
You sure your a Cowboy fan? Romo didn't even make one those lists except for honorable mention. Just saying....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Brady
2. Brady
3. Brady
4. Brady
5. Brady

Ease up I was joking.
Brady is only top 1, 2 and 3

Waiting on Hammers' reply:pound:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Luck (He's added Andre Johnson, Frank Gore, and Philip Dorsett. The guy has really only had one viable weapon in T.Y. Hilton. Now he could have two more. Watch out.)
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Peyton
5. Rivers
6. Tannehill (he will make the jump to stardom this year.)
7. Cam
8. Big Ben
9. Russell Wilson (Graham will help him a little. I still need to see him operate with a top receiving option though. When I watch Wilson I only see him throw to wide open receivers. I don't see Graham being wide open much, but his big body allows him to gather balls thrown to him. I don't know if Wilson will throw to him as much as Brees did though.)
10. Jameis Winston (I think he's stepping into an offense that could be good for him. 2 Big WRs will make it easier on him for sure.)

I like throwing some surprises in my list.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Brady
2. Brady
3. Brady
4. Brady
5. Brady

Ease up I was joking.
Brady is only top 1, 2 and 3

Waiting on Hammers' reply:pound:

OK that was funny. Had you been NEPatsFan I wouldn't think you were joking.

Oh Hell, who am I kidding I thought you two were one in the same three days ago.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Luck (He's added Andre Johnson, Frank Gore, and Philip Dorsett. The guy has really only had one viable weapon in T.Y. Hilton. Now he could have two more. Watch out.)
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Peyton
5. Rivers
6. Tannehill (he will make the jump to stardom this year.)
7. Cam
8. Big Ben
9. Russell Wilson (Graham will help him a little. I still need to see him operate with a top receiving option though. When I watch Wilson I only see him throw to wide open receivers. I don't see Graham being wide open much, but his big body allows him to gather balls thrown to him. I don't know if Wilson will throw to him as much as Brees did though.)
10. Jameis Winston (I think he's stepping into an offense that could be good for him. 2 Big WRs will make it easier on him for sure.)

I like throwing some surprises in my list.

Tannehill and Winston as TOP TEN. What the hell kind of drugs have you lived on?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill and Winston as TOP TEN. What the hell kind of drugs have you lived on?
I'm more thinking of fantasy football rankings. But there are always surprises in the top ten. RG3 was a top QB his first year. Tannehill has been getting better every year, and I think he makes the jump to being a top QB this year. Winston is more of a shot in the dark, but he has absolute beasts to throw to and I think the kid has talent. People like comparing him to manziel, but I think he has the physical tools and players around him to succeed whereas manziel did not on either front.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more thinking of fantasy football rankings. But there are always surprises in the top ten. RG3 was a top QB his first year. Tannehill has been getting better every year, and I think he makes the jump to being a top QB this year. Winston is more of a shot in the dark, but he has absolute beasts to throw to and I think the kid has talent. People like comparing him to manziel, but I think he has the physical tools and players around him to succeed whereas manziel did not on either front.

Fantasy? Then my question still stands.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9. Russell Wilson (Graham will help him a little. I still need to see him operate with a top receiving option though. When I watch Wilson I only see him throw to wide open receivers. I don't see Graham being wide open much, but his big body allows him to gather balls thrown to him. I don't know if Wilson will throw to him as much as Brees did though.).

Interesting argument. I think that Wilson's most memorable moments have been throws to tightly covered receivers(2013 NFCC game, 2014 NFCC game). But I could be wrong.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting argument. I think that Wilson's most memorable moments have been throws to tightly covered receivers(2013 NFCC game, 2014 NFCC game). But I could be wrong.
Well you're a Seahawks fan. Do you see him making anything other than wide open throws outside of Hail Marys or throws with the game on the line? It's part of the reason I think he's good. I'm not saying he can't do it, I'm saying he chooses to do it at opportune times when it is necessary. For Graham to be a great TE this year he will need to do a lot more than catch 1 or 2 big receptions.

Last edited:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy? Then my question still stands.
Well Tannehill was the number 11 QB last year in fantasy for ESPN standard leagues. You don't think he can grow to be in the top 10 this year? And Winston is a crazy guess. Obviously I am going against the norm with this guess, but inexplicable things happen in sports every year. Just rehashing what everyone already knows is boring. Go out on a limb every now and then.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright. I'll bite.

1. Aaron Rodgers (Of course. I am a Packer fan and admitted huge homer, but, hell, I also have a decent argument there).
2. Andrew Luck (This guy will keep getting better for the next 2-3 years. He will likely be number 1 soon, even on my list).
3. Tom Brady (Maybe his balls were at 12 PSI, but I would still put him here if you told me he would be throwing balls at 15 PSI).
4. Big Ben (I do not like the guy, but I can't deny he has become one of the best passers in the game).
5. Drew Brees (I still have faith!)
6. Tony Romo (I have said he is underrated for years. Mock me if I turn out to be wrong next year, but, for now, I really think he is a great QB).
7. Philip Rivers (Would love to put him higher, but he just hasn't seem to put a full year together for years).
8. Russel Wilson (I am penalizing him because he has not proven he can carry a team. That is unfair as hell, but what can I say? I am a Wisconsin fan, I like the guy, but I don't think if you swapped him for, say, Luck, the Colts would even make the playoffs. Still a damn good QB though).
9. Joe Flacco (Maybe not a great regular season QB, but, damn, does he turn it on for the playoffs).
10. Cam Newton (I really like him, and would LOVE to see him with some good weapons at WR).

Peyton I am only leaving out because I do not know if he can stay healthy for an entire year anymore. If he can, he is good enough to be anywhere on this list (including number 1).

If I forgot someone, let me know so I can slink off in embarrassment (and, no, I did not forget about Eli. He is fine, that is all).

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright. I'll bite.

1. Aaron Rodgers (Of course. I am a Packer fan and admitted huge homer, but, hell, I also have a decent argument there).
2. Andrew Luck (This guy will keep getting better for the next 2-3 years. He will likely be number 1 soon, even on my list).
3. Tom Brady (Maybe his balls were at 12 PSI, but I would still put him here if you told me he would be throwing balls at 15 PSI).
4. Big Ben (I do not like the guy, but I can't deny he has become one of the best passers in the game).
5. Drew Brees (I still have faith!)
6. Tony Romo (I have said he is underrated for years. Mock me if I turn out to be wrong next year, but, for now, I really think he is a great QB).
7. Philip Rivers (Would love to put him higher, but he just hasn't seem to put a full year together for years).
8. Russel Wilson (I am penalizing him because he has not proven he can carry a team. That is unfair as hell, but what can I say? I am a Wisconsin fan, I like the guy, but I don't think if you swapped him for, say, Luck, the Colts would even make the playoffs. Still a damn good QB though).
9. Joe Flacco (Maybe not a great regular season QB, but, damn, does he turn it on for the playoffs).
10. Cam Newton (I really like him, and would LOVE to see him with some good weapons at WR).

Peyton I am only leaving out because I do not know if he can stay healthy for an entire year anymore. If he can, he is good enough to be anywhere on this list (including number 1).

If I forgot someone, let me know so I can slink off in embarrassment (and, no, I did not forget about Eli. He is fine, that is all).
You forgot Jay cutler. Now "slink off in embarrassment" you fool.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no, you are right. Jay Cutler is the 4th best QB in Green Bay Packer history!
Ugh... I didn't see you were a packer fan or I wouldn't have made a light hearted comment... :L

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh... I didn't see you were a packer fan or I wouldn't have made a light hearted comment... :L
Really? You hold an honest prejudice over someone just based off the NFL team they cheer for?

That's pretty sad buddy. I don't think less of you because you are a Bears fan. In fact, I only made that joke because you ARE a Bears fan and I thought we were messing around.

EDIT: Changed the word "were" to "are". Didn't mean to make it sound like you "used to be" a Bears fan or anything.