• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 All-Time According to Position

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG:
1) Magic
2) Stockton
3) Robertson
4) Thomas
5) Paul

SG)
1) MJ
2) Kobe
3) Wade (and had the injuries not happened, Wade could have topped Kobe though he's still great)
4) Drexler
5) Ray Allen

SF's:
1) Lebron James
2) Larry Bird
3) Scottie Pippen
4) Kevin Durant (I know a few more yrs may really seal this, but he's incredible)
5) Dr. J

PF
1) Tim Duncan
2) Dirk Nowitzki
3) Charles Barkley
4) Karl Malone
5) Kevin Garnett

C's:
1) Kareem Abdul-Jabar
2) Wilt Chamberlain
3) Shaquille O'Neal (Shaq should've been #1, but didn't stay in the best shape).
4) Hakeen Olajuwon
5) Bill Russell

The fact that you don't have Nash on there is laughable

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG:
1) Magic
2) Stockton
3) Robertson
4) Thomas
5) Paul

SG)
1) MJ
2) Kobe
3) Wade (and had the injuries not happened, Wade could have topped Kobe though he's still great)
4) Drexler
5) Ray Allen

SF's:
1) Lebron James
2) Larry Bird
3) Scottie Pippen
4) Kevin Durant (I know a few more yrs may really seal this, but he's incredible)
5) Dr. J

PF
1) Tim Duncan
2) Dirk Nowitzki
3) Charles Barkley
4) Karl Malone
5) Kevin Garnett

C's:
1) Kareem Abdul-Jabar
2) Wilt Chamberlain
3) Shaquille O'Neal (Shaq should've been #1, but didn't stay in the best shape).
4) Hakeen Olajuwon
5) Bill Russell

I can't see Chris Paul as a top 5 all-time point guard yet. He hasn't been in the league long enough. Maybe he will be by the time he retires, but not right now.

I gave a lot of thought about Ray-Ray (arguably the best pure shooter in history), but Jerry West is the logo for a reason.

I see Durant at small forward much like I see Chris Paul. He may be there by the time he retires, but not yet.

I gave a lot of thought to Dirk and KG at power forward and actually don't have much issue with either of them replacing Pettit, but I don't think either belongs on the list ahead of Kevin McHale.

Agree that Shaq could/should have been #1, but as you point out, he didn't stay in shape. That laziness is largely why I have him at #5 instead of top 3. It's scary to think of what he could have done if he took the game as seriously as guys like MJ or Kobe.

Last edited by a moderator:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Paul is good but has he ever made it to the second round of the playoffs? Him in carmelo anthony are on the same boat. GREAT players but have no real playoff experience to put on their resumes

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG:
1) Magic
2) Stockton
3) Robertson
4) Thomas
5) Paul

SG)
1) MJ
2) Kobe
4) Drexler
5) Ray Allen

SF's:
1) Lebron James
2) Larry Bird
3) Scottie Pippen
5) Dr. J

PF
1) Tim Duncan
2) Dirk Nowitzki
3) Charles Barkley
4) Karl Malone
5) Kevin Garnett

C's:
1) Kareem Abdul-Jabar
2) Wilt Chamberlain
4) Hakeen Olajuwon
5) Bill Russell

Great list overall but....

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Magic
2) Stockton
3) Gary Payton
4) Thomas
5) Nash

SG)
1) MJ
2) Mcgrady
3) Wade
4) Kobe
5) Ray Allen/Mitch Richmond

SF's:
1) Lebron James
2) Scottie Pippen
3) Larry Bird
4) Kevin Durant (and still climbing)
5) Dr. J

PF
1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Charles Barkley
4) Karl Malone
5) Mchale

C's:
1) Kareem Abdul-Jabar
2) Shaquille O'Neal
3) Hakeem Olajuwon
4) Wilt Chamberlain (Never saw him play).
5) Bill Russell (ditto)

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a purely homer pick I'd stick Lou Hudson and Dominique Wilkins in there somewhere. Just my 2 cents.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Miller has to be on the list

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point Guard
1) Magic Johnson
2) Oscar Robertson
3) Isiah Thomas
4) John Stockton
5) Gary Payton

Shooting Guard
1) Michael Jordan

2) Kobe Bryant
3) George Gervin
4) Jerry West
5) Dwyane Wade

Small Forward
1) Lebron James
2) Larry Bird
3) Dr. J
4) Dominique Wilkins
5) Scottie Pippen

Power Forward
1) Tim Duncan
2) Karl Malone
3) Charles Barkley
4) Kevin Garnett
5) Dirk Nowitzki

Center
1) Hakeem
2) Shaq
3) Kareem
4) Wilt
5) David Robinson

This was a tough list to compile. At shooting guard I wanted to include Ray, Reggie, and Iverson but had to put Dwade in there for the numbers and the rings. If Wade doesn't have all the injuries and plays til he is 35-36 then he's easily top 3

Power forward was tough too. Wanted to include Cwebb in there but Dirk's ring trumps Cwebb's game.

At center some might disagree with my list but I feel like Hakeem was the most all around skilled center to have ever played the game and Shaq in his prime was the most dominant big man to have ever played.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton couldn't play in today's game. Being the 'glove' would be a foul

Hand check rules were implemented 99-00

GP played well into the mid 2000s and was still very successful with his style of play in the early 2000s. GP's trash talk alone would own these point guards in today's game. Who's gonna guard GP in the post when he backs you up, tells you which way he's gonna go, make his move, score and then let you know about it while he chews his gum

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, thought this was already done once...maybe twice...thread title had me thinking of something other than basketball...carry on.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One change Lebron should be 2nd on the SF, SG, and PG lists and 1st on the PF list.

PF? isn't this guy that complained that guarding guys his own size was too taxing?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very funny, do you pull in a lot of crowds with your stand up?

No not really.

But be honest with yourself. Saying GP is a total homer move. GP was great. HOFer. He won a title with my team in the twilight of his career. But top 5 all time? Come on man.

But Magic, Oscar Robertson, Stockton, Bob Cousy, Jerry West, Jason Kidd, Isiah Thomas, even Chris Paul from today's NBA is better.

even guys like Lenny Wilkens, Walt Frazier, Nate Archibald.

Dude McCrackin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not really.

But be honest with yourself. Saying GP is a total homer move. GP was great. HOFer. He won a title with my team in the twilight of his career. But top 5 all time? Come on man.

But Magic, Oscar Robertson, Stockton, Bob Cousy, Jerry West, Jason Kidd, Isiah Thomas, even Chris Paul from today's NBA is better.

Dude you're the one that's high. Gary Payton is arguably the best defensive point guards of all time and was damn good on offense as well. You must be a Bronco fan too... Enamored by offense. Gary Payton would dominate in any era. STUD

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hand check rules were implemented 99-00

GP played well into the mid 2000s and was still very successful with his style of play in the early 2000s. GP's trash talk alone would own these point guards in today's game. Who's gonna guard GP in the post when he backs you up, tells you which way he's gonna go, make his move, score and then let you know about it while he chews his gum
GP was a sub par FT shooter and a sub par 3pt shooter. If he is a top 5 PG then youre over valuing defense, imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you're the one that's high. Gary Payton is arguably the best defensive point guards of all time and was damn good on offense as well. You must be a Bronco fan too... Enamored by offense. Gary Payton would dominate in any era. STUD

:10::agree:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not really.

:laugh3: