• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 25 Qb's Of All Time

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question why wouldn't you put him above Rodgers? What has Rogers accomplished that Brees hasn't?

Please refrain from any comments about talent around them. That's been beat to death by the AR apologists without success.

Rodgers has been regarded at points of his career as the best QB in the league....something that only some Brees fanatics would claim. At no point do I ever remember Brees being regarded as the better pivot, unless someone argues 'what about 2009?'....well...I think those arguments are idiotic in the first place. Rodgers is a multiple MVP winner, which is rarified air....it's not some one-off or anything. Any advantage that Brees has in numbers is basically due to sheer volume, whereas AR's advantages is in efficiency.

Again.....Brees in a HOF player, but if Rodgers has been generally considered better throughout his career - and he has - why would I think Brees is all of a sudden the better all time player now? And yes....I can, and would use arguments about surrounding talent (including coaching) because it's very relevant.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id rather have Wilson than Favre.

Both will play thru anything, one doesn't selfishly chuck it all over hell.
I'd take either Favre or Wilson. One had probably the strongest throwing arm in the NFL and the other is almost impossible to sack.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers has been regarded at points of his career as the best QB in the league....something that only some Brees fanatics would claim. At no point do I ever remember Brees being regarded as the better pivot, unless someone argues 'what about 2009?'....well...I think those arguments are idiotic in the first place. Rodgers is a multiple MVP winner, which is rarified air....it's not some one-off or anything. Any advantage that Brees has in numbers is basically due to sheer volume, whereas AR's advantages is in efficiency.

Again.....Brees in a HOF player, but if Rodgers has been generally considered better throughout his career - and he has - why would I think Brees is all of a sudden the better all time player now? And yes....I can, and would use arguments about surrounding talent (including coaching) because it's very relevant.

Well I would argue many of those regarding Rodgers as the best QB are Rodgers fanatics.

Coach is questionable? AR has had as much talent around him as anyone. It's been shown here multiple times and only denied by AR apologists. Maybe if AR followed the game plan and wasn't such a diva his numbers might be closer to those of Brees.

If Brees quit today there is still NO way Rodgers would sniff any of these numbers.

You can argue opinion all day but these numbers don't lie.

Who's Better: Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers : nfl

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would argue many of those regarding Rodgers as the best QB are Rodgers fanatics.

Go ahead...start with the guys who voted him NFL MVP.....twice. The rest of your response was typical SportsHoopla agenda and bulk numbers at face value. Pointless to continue, so you can have the last word. I'm done.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead...start with the guys who voted him NFL MVP.....twice. The rest of your response was typical SportsHoopla agenda and bulk numbers at face value. Pointless to continue, so you can have the last word. I'm done.

Well done, don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.

Just quit it's much easier then trying to argue a point.

Then again you know your point is moot. Better you run away. Admit you're embarrassed because you had no clue Brees's #s were that much GREATER.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 10 is probably

1. Brady
2. Montana
3. Manning
4. Marino
5. Brees
6. Staubach
7. Unitas
8. Starr
9. Graham
10. Favre

But I'll admit after 5 it got pretty close through about 15. Aikman that high is terrible . I'd have Tarkenton higher . Ben higher . Wilson lower ( just not enough games ). All in all its not awful as I think 20 or 21 of the 25 would be on my list
too funny....Aikman was Starr 20 years later. Both surrounded by HOF'ers and great coaches with a run first mentality, yet ones is your 8th best ever and the other shouldn't even be on the list.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's obviously insane, Elway is the most overrated quarterback of all time and Marino should be in the top three, and depending on your definition of greatest quarterback of all time he could be #1. Marino is the best quarterback I ever seen play, Tom Brady is the winningest quarterback I ever seen play.

Steve Young at 15 is ridiculous and Brees in front of Marino makes the list a joke.
Haven't got around to actually looking at the list yet.

And I haven't submitted my own for review, on account of this particular thread anyway. Marino is in my Top 5 though, I'll tease that much.

Where would you put Steve Young?

I remember Brees first game at Purdue. It was during the end of my money league draft. It's an example of knowing greatness when you see it. But I don't remember seeing Dan in college. Cuz somebody was still wiping my ass for me at the time. I think I get a pass.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yes he was the only guy to throw a pass, and still ranked very low.

Yes, I’d assume rb’s were carrying it more.

You’re gonna argue Doug Baldwin isn’t suffice based on draft stock some years ago.

Come on......
They had no threats at pass catcher.

None.
So they let somebody other than the QB run the ball. They didn't the year before when their #1 receiver wasn't hanging on till the bitter end.

He can't throw it to himself. If he could, he'd prolly be Top 15 already.

What is your knock? He's as much a winner as anyone.

I'd give you the pick in the SB. But I haven't even seen you go there. Which is about all there is. And it's one play. One he shoulda adibled out of and really stake a claim for greatness. But he didn't, so 18 seems fair right now, imo.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take either Favre or Wilson. One had probably the strongest throwing arm in the NFL and the other is almost impossible to sack.
Both play making emeffers.

I just don't like Favre's risk taking at unnecessary times. He could've toned it down a notch and raised his stock imo. But that isn't who he is. And I wouldn't like that if I played defense on his team.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh. Fuck!
Stupid shit like this makes it look like I am against rodgers. (I am not)
He was a bad ass. Plain & simple.

but all the shit you are talking against Brees. Please do me a favor. Go eat a dick & get over it!
giphy.gif

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. Fuck!
Stupid shit like this makes it look like I am against rodgers. (I am not)
He was a bad ass. Plain & simple.

but all the shit you are talking against Brees. Please do me a favor. Go eat a dick & get over it!

Yeah...'all this shit talking about Brees'.......

I like the dude....been a great player. HOF player

:rolleyes:

....and of course....if you actually paid attention, it was another poster who brought up Rodgers name to question. You DO understand that, right? If it's 'so stupid', then surely you have a better argument than the 'stats at face value' idiocy from above? If not...then perhaps it's you who needs to get over it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had no threats at pass catcher.

None.
So they let somebody other than the QB run the ball. They didn't the year before when their #1 receiver wasn't hanging on till the bitter end.

He can't throw it to himself. If he could, he'd prolly be Top 15 already.

What is your knock? He's as much a winner as anyone.

I'd give you the pick in the SB. But I haven't even seen you go there. Which is about all there is. And it's one play. One he shoulda adibled out of and really stake a claim for greatness. But he didn't, so 18 seems fair right now, imo.
He’s great, just not an all time great, yet

Edit:
I don’t have a ton of time. Basically I think we agree he’s fantastic. We just disagree in the ranking. I think he’s a top 5 qb right now. But 18th ever to play the game , not yet, he’s gotta do more in his own, man the offense for more than a year, get the wins, get the big moments.

A lot of guys never had top receivers, Rodgers, Brees.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coach is questionable? AR has had as much talent around him as anyone. It's been shown here multiple times and only denied by AR apologists. Maybe if AR followed the game plan and wasn't such a diva his numbers might be closer to those of Brees.

If Brees quit today there is still NO way Rodgers would sniff any of these numbers.

You can argue opinion all day but these numbers don't lie.

Who's Better: Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers : nfl

ARodg has never had very good RB's so saying he has just as much talent kinda just throws out that point.

I guess you base your QB list on passing yards? Not a good judgment. I think Brees is underrated but he is in no way above Aaron Rodgers. Not too mention Brees has had one of the best offensive minded coaches ever in the NFL. Payton is a pure genius. Always some of the best OL's, Rodgers not so much.

In 158 career starts Rodgers has been sacked 412 times.
In 205 career starts Brees has been sacked 395 times.

Now this stat doesn't say everything, but the difference is huge that the OL has to play a part in this. Part of the reason Brees racks up so many passing yards could be due to the offensive system, also a lot of the years he played they had losing-average records (6 out of 13 seasons) and he had to play from behind...another reason. He has led the league in pass attempts 4 times and over 600 attempts 9 times. Rodgers threw over 600 attempts ONLY once. Not only that, Rodgers didn't have his first full season till he was 25, Brees 23. You just looking at stats and saying he has more...is just dumb on your part.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't got around to actually looking at the list yet.

And I haven't submitted my own for review, on account of this particular thread anyway. Marino is in my Top 5 though, I'll tease that much.

Where would you put Steve Young?

I remember Brees first game at Purdue. It was during the end of my money league draft. It's an example of knowing greatness when you see it. But I don't remember seeing Dan in college. Cuz somebody was still wiping my ass for me at the time. I think I get a pass.

Young? I put him in my top 5 at #5 but I think top 7-8 is fair as well.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahman Green, Eddie Lacy before he decided to eat an entire candy store and Aaron Jones say hold our beer. Not world beaters but very capable backs.

Add other talent like Graham, Driver, Jennings and Jordy. I can see where you might say GB didn't surround AR with talent:rolleyes2:

Yeah call me crazy for thinking a QB who had led the league 4xs with the most throwing TDs, 5x over 5k yards and takes care of the ball crazy.
Last year AR had 110 more pass attempts with only 8 more completions. 12% less comp %.
One of the reasons AR gets sacked so much is he ad libs and holds the ball too long. It's not all the O lines fault. If AR didn't hold the Pack hostage financially maybe the O line would be better.

Some how in your mind stats aren't important until they support your arguement.

You've drank the NFL media AR cool aid and that's cool. It's just not an accurate representation of where he should be placed on most lists.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees is better than Rodgers, but it is splitting hairs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually more of a Brees fan than Rodgers fan too but you have to take everything into account.