• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 25 Players in the NBA

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis is too high...Middleton is clearly the leader of this Bucks club and should at least get an honorable mention.

Draymond Green is the leader of the Warriors, but he is not their best player either. Middleton is very good, but not a franchise player.

Giannis has the upside to be a top 5 player and is very young still. He is a rising superstar.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would move Butler behind Wall and Harden...I think Wade will cut into his value this year.

I would barely put Harden on the list at all. So overrated. Carmelo 2.0

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Example of irony - @HurricaneDij39 claims I stalk him, yet goes through and rates past posts of mine bull shit. You can also define his characteristic as being a twat. Same motherfucker that claims to have turned down pussy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Example of irony - @HurricaneDij39 claims I stalk him, yet goes through and rates past posts of mine bull shit. You can also define his characteristic as being a twat. Same motherfucker that claims to have turned down pussy.

It's his thing. No attempt to discuss, just rate bullshit. The guy is more moody than I am during my time of the month.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Stopped looking at the list as soon as I saw that. Homerism comes rearing its ugly head again.
i can see people might debate RW or Durant----- but would anyone REALLY pick Durant over Kawhi Leonard? I sure as hell wouldnt.....Finals MVP, top defender in the league, great at everything and younger and healthier than Durant....

I think Durant at 5 is the highest you could possibly rank him besides MAYBE RW...

Leonard, Curry,LeBron are no-brainers. Pop and Buford would hang up the phone in an INSTANT of offered Durant for Leonard- ESPECIALLy considering contract, health, age, defense, etc.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally forgot about Marc Gasol...if id revise id definitely take off Horford and replace him with Marc Gasol....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can see people might debate RW or Durant----- but would anyone REALLY pick Durant over Kawhi Leonard? I sure as hell wouldnt.....Finals MVP, top defender in the league, great at everything and younger and healthier than Durant....

I think Durant at 5 is the highest you could possibly rank him besides MAYBE RW...

Leonard, Curry,LeBron are no-brainers. Pop and Buford would hang up the phone in an INSTANT of offered Durant for Leonard- ESPECIALLy considering contract, health, age, defense, etc.

I see you're reaching again. Every single person has Lebron as the best in the league, then Durant. Kawhi's a great player, but although he's probably the greatest defender in the league, he's not the offensive threat that KD is.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you're reaching again. Every single person has Lebron as the best in the league, then Durant. Kawhi's a great player, but although he's probably the greatest defender in the league, he's not the offensive threat that KD is.
LOL, what?

youd pick Durant over Curry?

no way in hell!

and while Leonard is certainly not on Durants offensive level- he is still a guy who scores 20+ a night and is the best wing defender in basketball and has a Finals MVP.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just asking-

does "EVERY SINGLE PERSON HERE" have Durant as #2?

Ill GUARANTEE you that is not even CLOSE to true.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many people think Durant is the consensus 2nd best player in the NBA?

I sure as hell dont.

I think you could make an argument (though not a good one).

Curry, Leonard, RW- obviously I would rank them all ahead of Durant. To me, Curry and Leonard are no-brainers at this point over Durant. RW I think comes down to preference- and Id rather take the alpha that actually plays defense rather than the better pure scorer who is more of a follower.

even when I look at a guy like Paul George- who plays both sides oft he ball extremely well- and is a great teammate and an alpha- on a GREAT contract- I have a very difficult time keeping durant over him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just asking-

I put Durant at #2. I do not think it is a no brainer though, because 2-5 is extremely close. I would not argue too hard against any of those players sliding in the 2 spot (except maybe Westbrook).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put Durant at #2. I do not think it is a no brainer though, because 2-5 is extremely close. I would not argue too hard against any of those players sliding in the 2 spot (except maybe Westbrook).
I see Curry as the clear cut #2...i just do....2 straight MVP awards and a title are hard to argue with- and he is right in the middle of his prime- just BLEW AWAY the record for most 3's ever.

If I had to choose between Durant or Leonard to try and win I would serioulsy have to pick Leonard who is a very good offensive player and the very best at defense. I think Pop would rather have Leonard than Durant- ---I KNOW that if Leonard was on GSW instead of Durant I would be far more worried about a potential Cavs matchup.

Durant and RW are right there at 4 and 5.....at least in my opinion

and then I really think Paul George is justified as #6.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Curry as the clear cut #2...i just do....2 straight MVP awards and a title are hard to argue with- and he is right in the middle of his prime- just BLEW AWAY the record for most 3's ever.

If I had to choose between Durant or Leonard to try and win I would serioulsy have to pick Leonard who is a very good offensive player and the very best at defense. I think Pop would rather have Leonard than Durant- ---I KNOW that if Leonard was on GSW instead of Durant I would be far more worried about a potential Cavs matchup.

Durant and RW are right there at 4 and 5.....at least in my opinion

and then I really think Paul George is justified as #6.

Curry is great, but MVP awards are all about popularity and offesnsive stats. We all know who the best player has been last two years, and it isn't Curry. It is not a huge leap to say KD or Kawhi are better all around players also. My opinion is that they are.

I agree with George at 6. He is somewhat underrated.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just asking-

well it should be interesting. you did so well on the other thread talking about 20 players better than Steph Curry...:D

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly would have put Durant over Leonard had he stayed with the Thunder. Because Leonard is a bona fide #1 scorer on his team as well as a top notch defender, whereas Durant isn't. I'm taking the same approach to Durant as I did LeBron six years ago - In that GS is still Steph's team until he decides otherwise, just as Miami was Wade's team unti he decided otherwise.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss I agree with your Top 5. Stay tuned to my annual Top 50 players list come October...

I agree that Russell has the balls to be a franchise guy and Durant doesn't.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly would have put Durant over Leonard had he stayed with the Thunder. Because Leonard is a bona fide #1 scorer on his team as well as a top notch defender, whereas Durant isn't. I'm taking the same approach to Durant as I did LeBron six years ago - In that GS is still Steph's team until he decides otherwise, just as Miami was Wade's team unti he decided otherwise.

Pretty solid point. My only question would be, why does Durant going to GSW suddenly make him a worse player? His stats will undoubtedly suffer a bit because GSW has more options than OKC did. But they will suffer because he chose to take a lesser role, not because he isn't that good anymore.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty solid point. My only question would be, why does Durant going to GSW suddenly make him a worse player? His stats will undoubtedly suffer a bit because GSW has more options than OKC did. But they will suffer because he chose to take a lesser role, not because he isn't that good anymore.

1) What's with the post removal? Do I need the Heat or Lakers logo under my name too meet the requirements to post freely?

2) Yes, if you're going to jump to someone else's team (like Durant did this year and LeBron did six years ago), you've got to expect there to be a learning curve in the new situation. That's not to say Durant won't eventually become the #1 option is GS, but let's wait to see it happen first.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) What's with the post removal? Do I need the Heat or Lakers logo under my name too meet the requirements to post freely?

2) Yes, if you're going to jump to someone else's team (like Durant did this year and LeBron did six years ago), you've got to expect there to be a learning curve in the new situation. That's not to say Durant won't eventually become the #1 option is GS, but let's wait to see it happen first.

1. No, you need to stop posting idiocy and looking for fights all of the time. Basically, I'm preventing you from being banned. You should probably thank me.

2. My point is, it doesn't make him a worse player. It just means he's willingly taking on a lesser role in order to try and win a championship. It's not dissimilar to what Lebron did when he joined the Heat. He was still the best player in basketball, but he chose a slightly lesser role than he had in Cleveland before he left. He, Wade and Bosh all chose to take smaller roles than they would have had if they hadn't teamed up. I don't think it made any of them worse though.