• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 Running Backs

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo could have been a all time great if he only played football
That hip flexor was really sad but hey Billy Sims might have been a top 10 with today's medicine if he got injured today
All subjective
Billy Sims...one of my all time favorites. Loved watching him go over the top. He is the reason I always hated Charles White. Probably my second favorite non-Cowboy RB to Earl Campbell.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Simms beat us by himself one day along with an Eddie Murray Fg where the Lions had too many men on the field.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke Elliott has been opening a lot of eyes around the league with his excellent, even dominant play right out of the box as a rookie. I started to think where would he fall in today's top 10 NFL of NFL RBs, was also curious to see what the general consensus was.

My list...

Tier 1 - Bell cow 3 down backs, run/catch/block these guys do it all at a high level. You could make a case for either of these as the best.
1. David Johnson
2. Leveon Bell
3. Zeke Elliott - Early, I know, but his talent is undeniable

Tier 2 - Pro-Bowl level talent, this group does most things very well.
4. Todd Gurley - has zero help on offense
5. Lesean McCoy
6. Demarco Murray
7. Adrian Peterson* - Starting to look old, injured . Put him here strictly out of respect of accomplishments
8. Devonta Freeman
9. Lamar Miller
10. Jamal Charles - Injuries mounting, but still a great player

HM: LaGarette Blount, Matt Forte, Mark Ingram, Gio Bernard, Eddie Lacy

And just for fun, here is my all time top 10 of RBs I have watched play (1990-present)

1. Barry Sanders
2. Emmitt Smith
3. Marshall Faulk
4. Ladanian Tomlinson
5. Edgerrin James
6. Thurman Thomas
7. Adrian Peterson
8. Curtis Martin
9. Tiki Barber
10. Eddie George
What about Marcus Allen?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Allen- great choice, did most of his damage in the 80s

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as of right now, today. It has to be David Johnson hands down.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just for fun, here is my all time top 10 of RBs I have watched play (1990-present)

1. Barry Sanders
2. Emmitt Smith
3. Marshall Faulk
4. Ladanian Tomlinson
5. Edgerrin James
6. Thurman Thomas
7. Adrian Peterson
8. Curtis Martin
9. Tiki Barber
10. Eddie George

No love for Terrell Davis eh. He was arguably the best RB in the latter part of the 90s imo, between him and Barry, and TD's playoff stats are off the chart crazy productive.

Would've been interesting to see where Robert Smith ended up stat-wise had he played another 4 or 5 years. It took him a minute, but he started knockin out 1000+ yard seasons with a damn good ypc the last 4 years of his career. I once heard or read he averaged 27 yards per TD run. He only had 32 rushing TDs in 8 years so not as impressive as it could be, but still impressive enough if true.

Last edited:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Barry Sanders
2. Emmitt Smith
3. Marshall Faulk
4. Ladanian Tomlinson
5. Edgerrin James
6. Thurman Thomas
7. Adrian Peterson
8. Curtis Martin
9. Tiki Barber
10. Eddie George
A nice list but Ahman Green deserves to be on it.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well gosh, here's a surprise. A Cowboy fan not including a Redskin. Feels like I'm re-living the presidential debate all over again. Nobody can be honest with themselves. 1st off not to include Jones in your tier 2 group is a disservice to your football knowledge. Since every team doesn't run the ball as frequent as others one must go on average per attempt. Yards are not a valid indicator because each RB can get good chunks on one single play. Yes that boost the average but unless you're watching each running play of each back in each game an only fair assessment is based on the RB's average. TD's are not good indicators of a players value because they can be piled up during a contest against a team with a weak run defense.

So going on average alone Matt Jones is 2 yards higher on average than 6 of these players mentioned, and if you're gonna include TD's he has more than half of em. I'm not slighting Elliot by any stretch, he's a great back, but he does benefit running behind the best line in all of football, as is per this year. Though I agree he is and will be a top tier RB for quite awhile.

Listen, Your board your rules your way, but if you wanna be taking serious is this business young man you need to keep your biased opinions up on the shelf and not out on the board where you can be dismantled.

Wait! What? Jones has averaged 47.5 rushing yards a game on 3.91 ypc, has 6 rushing TDs and fumbles once every 33 carries. Which is the most for any non-QB player in the NFL right now. He missed 3 games last year due to being hurt/beat up in one way or another and he's missing tomorrow's game supposedly due to a bad knee. That's with only 243 carries or about 12 carries a game for his career presently.

Jones should hold nothing higher than JAG status if that. That's not to say things can't change, but right now he belongs nowhere near a conversation of top running backs in the NFL. His production is pedestrian at the very best and his value falls steeply imo when adding in his fumbling and durability issues.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait! What? Jones has averaged 47.5 rushing yards a game on 3.91 ypc, has 6 rushing TDs and fumbles once every 33 carries. Which is the most for any non-QB player in the NFL right now. He missed 3 games last year due to being hurt/beat up in one way or another and he's missing tomorrow's game supposedly due to a bad knee. That's with only 243 carries or about 12 carries a game for his career presently.

Jones should hold nothing higher than JAG status if that. That's not to say things can't change, but right now he belongs nowhere near a conversation of top running backs in the NFL. His production is pedestrian at the very best and his value falls steeply imo when adding in his fumbling and durability issues.
Thanks man but reptec always has his two cents here, but he's not a troll or anything like that.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could use a little cheating help then. I'm getting killed when I lay money thus far. Might have to start betting cowboy games. :eek:
You and me both. Trust me if I could cheat I might just do so.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have his number? It won't hurt to ask.

Like #12?

Maybe one of these people can help you?

PEOPLE ACTUALLY GUESSED WHAT TOM BRADY'S CELL PHONE NUMBER WAS
People actually guessed what Tom Brady's cell phone number was

By John Breech | CBSSports.com

August 6, 2015 2:57 pm ET
Making millions of dollars a year and being married to a Supermodel sounds like an easy existence, but Tom Brady's life isn't all fun and games.

Besides dealing with Deflategate, there is one huge downside to being the Patriotsquarterback: You have to change your cell number every so often because PEOPLE ARE GUESSING IT.

Yes. People are guessing Tom Brady's number.

That's one of the many interesting facts that came out of the transcript of Brady's appeal hearing that was released earlier this week.

While giving testimony during his appeal hearing, Brady revealed that he had to change his phone number in May after the Wells Report came out.

The topic of Brady's cell phone number came up at the end of a conversation where NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell had been asking Brady about what generally happens to Brady's phones after he destroys them.

GOODELL: Does your number change when that happens?

BRADY: No. The number would stay the same.

Brady was about to be asked another question, but then he jumped in and clarified that he had in fact changed his number recently.

BRADY: The only time I changed it was after the [Wells] report came out and there was -- a lot of people started guessing what my phone number was and then I changed my number.

This is craziness. A phone number has 10 digits, if you're out there guessing Brady's number, you should be working for the CIA, not prank calling star quarterbacks.

The odds of guessing a phone number are kind of crazy. Even if you had Brady's area code, you'd still have to guess the other seven numbers, which gives you like a one-in-10 million chance.

Even though there is chance, we should all stop trying to guess Brady's number and start trying to do something more constructive with our time, like trying to guess Donald Trump's cell number.

Brady-cell-free-08-06-15.jpg

Not even Tom Brady's cell phone number is safe during Deflategate. (USATSI)

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey schmoopy, you're kicking ass in the pick um.
Impressive
Thanks I figure I will fade. I cant keep it up forever........... or can I? :hmm:
He's cheating. I don't know how but he's got to be cheating. Great job so far Schmoopy.
Just remember
Win if you can
Lose if you must
But always cheat!!!:becky:

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for having my back. Well done.