• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 NBA Player TODAY

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like if Curry or KD has one bad game everyone is like " they're not good playoff players" or "not clutch" When everyone else has a bad playoff game nothing is said and its completely ignored
I don't think thats the case at all. I just think that when you're known for scoring points, people expect you to score points even if defenses shift their focus.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised to see Harden over Klay on alot of these lists. Klay is way more efficient, a better shooter and actually cares about defense.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised to see Harden over Klay on alot of these lists. Klay is way more efficient, a better shooter and actually cares about defense.

It's hard to gauge Klay because of who he plays with.

Would he put up those numbers as the #1?

I think he can.

But, I know Harden can.

Jimmy Butler just missed the cut for me along with Klay.

I hate Harden. He is the ultimate selfish one way player.

But, his offensive numbers are pretty good.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to gauge Klay because of who he plays with.

Would he put up those numbers as the #1?

I think he can.

But, I know Harden can.

Jimmy Butler just missed the cut for me along with Klay.

I hate Harden. He is the ultimate selfish one way player.

But, his offensive numbers are pretty good.

I can see that. I just can't get past the, I don't give a fuck attitude Harden has on defense. It's pretty crazy though, they both play the same position, but play it completely differently.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Stephen Curry
4. Kawhi Leonard
5. Russell Westbrook
6. Chris Paul
7. Paul George
8. James Harden
9. Draymond Green
10. Damian Lillard

Tough to leave out Davis but you can't be a top 10 player as of today and have your team be as bad as they were last year.

Also, don't be prisoner of the moment putting Irving Top 10. He had a great Finals, but he's still essentially the same player he's been since he's been in the league. The only difference between now and back then is he's playing with Lebron. Irving is more top 15 to top 20

I am almost over Davis.

Ubertalented, always hurt.

I think Towns will overtake him in 2 Seasons or less.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that. I just can't get past the, I don't give a fuck attitude Harden has on defense. It's pretty crazy though, they both play the same position, but play it completely differently.

Agree.

I hate that fool.

I have never seen anyone be that blatantly apathetic towards defense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie - 27.1 ppg, 3.9 apg, 3.9 rpg, 2.1 spg, 0.7 bpg, 2.57 to's, 46.8 fg%, 40.5 3pt%, 93.9 ft%.

Stephanie - 22.6 ppg, 3.7 apg, 4.9 rpg, 0.9 spg, 0.7 bpg, 4.29 to's, 40.3 fg%, 40.0 3pt%, 92.9 ft%.

Kyrie led Stephanie in points, assists, steals, fg, 3pt, and ft percentage.

Stephanie led Kyrie in rebounds and turnovers.

They tied in blocks.

Thoughts...?

Well my first thought is that cherrypicking one series and using that to determine which player is better seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to do.

Can we do that with all players? Discard their career performance and just focus on one series?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

I hate that fool.

Sad part is, I think he could be a good defender in this league if he gave a shit about it. He's not a super explosive athlete, but he does have quickness and a pretty good wingspan for a 6'5 SG.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

I hate that fool.

It's not like he can't play D, he made marked improvments a couple of years ago when he actually tried, he just can't be bothered with it anymore.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my first thought is that cherrypicking one series and using that to determine which player is better seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to do.

Can we do that with all players? Discard their career performance and just focus on one series?

This was a head to head matchup, not just in one series...In THE series, the finals...It wasn't the determining factor it was a factor.

The finals is the ultimate test...Curry being the first ever "unanimous" mvp in nba league history got outplayed by a 23 year old on both ends of the court

Curry not being finals mvp last year and not even leading his team to a sweep over a severly injured cavs team is another factor cupled with almost identically bad stats as the year before is another factor

Irving is playing in his first finals, curry in his second with more experience and with homecourt and arguably the better team based on the regular season....3rd factor

Irving is not in his prime yet well curry at 28 is...4th factor

So who is the better player who has peaked and who will continue to get better then what we already witnessed in last years finals....I have an answer for it but you may not like it...

Last edited:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a head to head matchup, not just in one series...In THE series, the finals...It wasn't the determining factor it was a factor.

The finals is the ultimate test...Curry being the first ever "unanimous" mvp in nba league history got outplayed by a 23 year old on both ends of the court

Curry not being finals mvp last year and not even leading his team to a sweep over a severly injured cavs team is another factor cupled with almost identically bad stats as the year before is another factor

Irving is playing in his first finals, curry in his second with more experience and with homecourt and arguably the better team based on the regular season....3rd factor

So who is the better player who has peaked and who will continue to get better then what we already witnessed in last years finals....I have an answer for it but you may not like it...

I like how you casually gloss over the importance of Lebron, yet ride his jock on every other thread. Great work as usual.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He cherry picks a lot. That's why I started my #factsonly movement with him.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry 1-1 in the NBA finals while being the best player on his team and MVP of the League

Kyrie Irving has not competed in an NBA finals while being the best player of his team. In fact he has not competed in a playoff series while being the best player on his team.

#factsonly

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no particular order..

Lebron, Curry, George, Kawhi, Westbrook, Paul, Durant, Davis, Harden, Cousins...

Wow, kind of surprised you put CP3 up there, with all your commentary this year on him.

Where would you rank Blake? Top 15? top 20?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7 games don't define a career.

So Curry needs to sweep the Cavs for it to count? The Cavs have the best player in basketball and, according to you, a PG that is better than the PG most people consider the best in basketball. Why did they need to come from behind 3 games to 1 and need a crucial suspension, in order to win?

You do realize that the Cavs have another guy that's pretty good and played pretty well, right?

And in 4 years maybe he will be a better player than Curry is now. But he isn't right now.

I don't really care one way or the other. I just find your absurd rationalizations amusing. Maybe Irving will be the best player in basketball. But he isn't close to that right now. And he isn't close to Steph Curry regardless of whether he had a hot shooting hand in 4 games in the finals.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cherry picks a lot. That's why I started my #factsonly movement with him.
I can see that. Typical homer behavior. Cherry pick the information that favors your argument. And if the debate centered around Lebron, he would flip his arguments.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really hard to put 4 of your top 10 on the same team. It might be true but its hard to justify without that team going into next year just beating everyone by 50 points