• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 Favorite Comedy Movies of All Time

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Princess Bride is another good one that I thought about having on on my list.

Also, anyone remember... Summer School? Not an all time great, but I remember enjoying it as a kid.
I cant believe that one was not mentioned either. Inconceivable!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also and this might sound strange, but Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs (yes, the kids animated movie) - was absolutely hilarious, even for adults. I can genuinely say that I laughed out loud more at that movie than I did for probably a lot of others on my list. It just doesn't come with as much rewatch value as the ones I listed... that could be because of my preference, but all the same...
Phil Lord does have work on Lego Movie and Into the Spider-verse so I don't think its a weird pick at all.

Really, the Hangover is the only one of your top comedies that I wouldn't watch again

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Lord does have work on Lego Movie and Into the Spider-verse so I don't think its a weird pick at all.
I didn't know that, that could be one of the reasons why I thought the Spiderverse movie was very good.
Really, the Hangover is the only one of your top comedies that I wouldn't watch again
Well the sequels were not very good as they really felt identical to the first. But I distinctly recall seeing the trailer to this movie, thinking it was going to be absolutely horrible, but then the girl I was seeing at the time wanted to see it so I took her and it was WAY better than I expected. Honestly, it was insanely funny at the time. Been a long time since I have seen it, but I had the same thought about Tropic Thunder. I thought that was going to be bad, but when I saw it, I was thoroughly impressed with how funny it was.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, anyone remember... Summer School? Not an all time great, but I remember enjoying it as a kid.

Yeah, but I remember pretty much nothing about it except that Mark Harmon was the lead and that I enjoyed it.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step Brothers
The Hangover
SuperBad
Bridesmaids
Blazing Saddles
Revenge of the Nerds
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Horrible Bosses
Porkys
Hall Pass

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the funniest movie ever made, IMO.
To each their own. I thought it was ok, but I didn't find it nearly as funny as any of the ones I mentioned.

As for those spoof-type movies, I think the Naked Guns, Airplane, Top Secret... are all better, but that's me. It's just one of those classics that I think you had to be around for at the time of release to really get it in it's prime. I only just watched it for the first time like a year or 2 ago.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each their own. I thought it was ok, but I didn't find it nearly as funny as any of the ones I mentioned.

As for those spoof-type movies, I think the Naked Guns, Airplane, Top Secret... are all better, but that's me. It's just one of those classics that I think you had to be around for at the time of release to really get it in it's prime. I only just watched it for the first time like a year or 2 ago.
MPatHG is so quotable. None of the others are even close in writing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that, that could be one of the reasons why I thought the Spiderverse movie was very good.

Well the sequels were not very good as they really felt identical to the first. But I distinctly recall seeing the trailer to this movie, thinking it was going to be absolutely horrible, but then the girl I was seeing at the time wanted to see it so I took her and it was WAY better than I expected. Honestly, it was insanely funny at the time. Been a long time since I have seen it, but I had the same thought about Tropic Thunder. I thought that was going to be bad, but when I saw it, I was thoroughly impressed with how funny it was.
I will say that Tropic Thunder is one of those movies that will 'age poorly'

but its funny as hell. I'm playing Final Fantasy VII Remake right now and every time Barrett says something I'm immediately reminded of Robert Downey Jr's character.

I do think Zoolander is my favorite Ben Stiller movie but he is actually in quite a few funny ones. I just think the dumber the Stiller premise, the funnier it is.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but its funny as hell. I'm playing Final Fantasy VII Remake right now and every time Barrett says something I'm immediately reminded of Robert Downey Jr's character.

I do think Zoolander is my favorite Ben Stiller movie but he is actually in quite a few funny ones. I just think the dumber the Stiller premise, the funnier it is.

Movies like Tropic Thunder and There's Something Like Mary would get absolutely shredded by today's culture.

And its a shame, because both are fucking hilarious.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stiller is very hit or miss. In no particular order, BUT with him as an actual feature role (not counting Happy Gilmore for example)....

There's Something About Mary
Meet the Parents
Tropic Thunder
Along Came Polly
Starsky and Hutch
Dodgeball
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Zoolander

I thought these were relatively decent. I actually rewatched Starsky and Hutch about a year ago and distinctly remember enjoying it more than the 1st time. Idk, maybe its me that has changed. I thought it was bad, but it was funnier than I remembered. Practically no one I know has seen The Secret Life of Walter Mitty... I love it. It isn't your typical Stiller film, it has those quirky moments, but is a more life-changing, serious role for him. It is kind of a hippie film, just about living life in the moment. Amazing music/soundtrack. Every time I watch it I leave with a good feeling lol.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Princess Bride is another good one that I thought about having on on my list.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Tension breaker. Had to be done.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn’t see Holy Grail until I was in HS or college. And I immediately knew it was the greatest comedy ever.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Movies like Tropic Thunder and There's Something Like Mary would get absolutely shredded by today's culture.

And its a shame, because both are fucking hilarious.
All you have to do is release Blazing Sadles first. Once that absorbs all their ire, you can breeze through with Tropic Thunder and Something About Mary.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t see Holy Grail until I was in HS or college. And I immediately knew it was the greatest comedy ever.
ClutteredSparseHerculesbeetle-size_restricted.gif

^^ Another solid comedy.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No particular order

Idiocracy

the Princess Bride

Young Frankenstein

Mr. Hobbs Takes A Vacation

Spaceballs

Blazing Saddles

Airplane

Spies Like Us

How to Marry a millionaire

the long long trailer

Last edited:

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MPatHG is so quotable. None of the others are even close in writing.
Quotable =/= good.

Anchorman is highly quotable as well, didn't make my list. Holy Grail just isn't that funny to me. It has some funny moments, but I never busted a gut over it. I can see the jokes, but it feels juvenile at best with not much depth and based around silliness and zingers with situational light touches on politics, history, and philosophy.

I would also challenge the notion that the writing in Naked Gun is inferior to Holy Grail, but I feel like we would simply be traveling down a rabbit hole that would not change the opinion for either of us lol. Naked Gun being better than Holy Grail is a hill I will die on lol... plus, Leslie Nielsen is a national treasure.

Long live Naked Gun.