• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the day of Ray Lewis announcing his retirement, here is some interesting info:

A-WrCejCUAEGpIC.jpg:large

Self promotion vs humility

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that two things will keep Kyle here:

1. Snyder's bank account.
2. The ability to coach RGIII who fits the system perfectly. Outside of MAYBE Carolina, no other job can really offer that.

I think that we will hold onto him for a few more years.

On a side note, I was reading a mock draft today for 2014 (I am a nerd I know) and the Rams pick (from the Skins) was....

#32!!!!

LOL! Wouldn't that be nice.

Good points and I hope so.

I wonder what the agreement/expectations/understanding is with Kyle moving forward. I'm sure Mike Shanahan has a rough timeline in mind. I don't think he wants to coach another 10 years or anything, or maybe not even another 5. I wonder if part of the talks of him coming here involved giving Kyle a head coaching chance if things went well. I haven't heard any coverage about it, just wondering.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the day of Ray Lewis announcing his retirement, here is some interesting info:

Fletcher is every bit as good as Lewis. He made the biggest play of the game to win the Super Bowl for the Rams. He & Lewis are tied in Rings as well. The fact Haslett said he's the smartest player he's ever coached says a lot.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have nothing but respect for both of them. As much as I love London, I'd take Ray any day. He's anchored the best D in the NFL for the past decade and I don't know if any defensive player in the past 25 years has gotten the most out of the guys around him like Lewis has.

Kudos on a great, great career. Arguably one of the top 5 defenders of all-time.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who has more stabbings*?

:confused2:

:heh:

:behindsofa:

*sorry Comeds, really not trying to be a dick, but that one was just teed up so nicely for me.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no contest who the better player is...

I don't know about that. Lewis has always played behind an outstanding defensive line. They've made his job a lot easier over the years. Both are great players. I take nothing away from Lewis. He can still run sideline to sideline with the best of them. I just think Fletcher is very underrated. He's gone relatively unnoticed for most of his career.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riiiiiiiight... that's what I was saying. I never talked about the trade aside from the context of your assessment of the Redskins' talent level now and then. I find it uninformed and disengenuous.

Why is he on IR in Indy? He was sacked 30 times in DC and Luck has been sacked 41. Do you honestly think he RG3 hasn't avoided at least 11 sacks where Luck would have been tackled this year? That's laughable.

Okay, I'm done with this with you now because you misinterpret something in almost every post I make and you use irrelevant facts or unsupported information to respond, so a debate/conversation is impossible.

The reason I think RG3 would probably be on I.R. in Indy is because he would have to throw the ball 40 to 50 times per game like Luck does. That means he would have to take a lot more hits. Just last week RG3 only threw the ball 18 times.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. Lewis has always played behind an outstanding defensive line. They've made his job a lot easier over the years. Both are great players. I take nothing away from Lewis. He can still run sideline to sideline with the best of them. I just think Fletcher is very underrated. He's gone relatively unnoticed for most of his career.

Maybe I should have bolded the words 'no contest' in my post.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are both outstanding but also feel that Lewis got a lot of the credit when he also had some great players around him. I was just telling my son last week I would like to have Ed Reed on the field with me anytime. Always did his job but Lewis got all of the attention.

Again, Both are very good players.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bills are going to interview Smith (He contacted the Bills about the job) I wouldn't mind seeing him here. They are also interested in The Cards head coach and Horton the defensive Co. Kelly from Oregon is also a possibility.

Don't forget the league has a rule that each team is required to interview black coaches, not sure what the percent is or how many.

All solid candidates. The only question I have about Kelly is what kind of offense would he run in the NFL. I imagine he would adjust to the players he has on the roster. He's an innovator so that's a plus. The fact Belicek went to watch his practiceses speaks volumes.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talking to you is pointless. More pass attempts means more hits. Which means more chances of injury. There was a play just last Sunday in the 4th quarter in which it took RG3 some time to get up. He's not 100% right now & he hasn't taken as many hits as Luck.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking to you is pointless. More pass attempts means more hits. Which means more chances of injury. There was a play just last Sunday in the 4th quarter in which it took RG3 some time to get up. He's not 100% right now & he hasn't taken as many hits as Luck.

:shocked:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has more stabbings*?

*sorry Comeds, really not trying to be a dick, but that one was just teed up so nicely for me.

No worries, I understand completely!

Regular stabbings or dick stabbings?

How long have they been keeping dick stabbing stats? Only the past few years isn't it?

I am going to the game on Sunday, my first of the year. Its a good thing I am going with someone else because if I had the two tickets I might see what I could get for them after this announcement. Playoff + former Baltimore Colts + Ray's last home game = probable big payoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.