• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see the transition from college to pro with his style of offense. So much of Oregon's success on offense is due to their speed, something that is almost always negated in the NFL. It's the reason Reggie Bush is a mediocre RB, why the option doesn't work, and why so many wideouts that use to burn guys in college are merely special teamers at this point. The speed and intelligence of defenders in the pros compared to college may make Chip Kelly a risky choice for head coach.

Maybe so, but I think it depends on the personnel he has. If he got the Bills job he wouldn't have a QB who can run, but two good RB's. I think Kelly has a unique offensive mind. He can probably adapt to whatever he has to work with. That doesn't mean he would turn the Bills around right away, but it would be a lot of fun to see what he does.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the day of Ray Lewis announcing his retirement, here is some interesting info:

A-WrCejCUAEGpIC.jpg:large

Self promotion vs humility

Agreed.

Ray Lewis is so overrated it makes me want to puke.

His lame little jailhouse shuffle dance that he does at the start of each game makes him so much better than any other middle linebacker to ever play the game. :burt:

He's alone in one category. He's likely to be the only murdering snitch in the HOF.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see the transition from college to pro with his style of offense. So much of Oregon's success on offense is due to their speed, something that is almost always negated in the NFL. It's the reason Reggie Bush is a mediocre RB, why the option doesn't work, and why so many wideouts that use to burn guys in college are merely special teamers at this point. The speed and intelligence of defenders in the pros compared to college may make Chip Kelly a risky choice for head coach.

Maybe so, but I think it depends on the personnel he has. If he got the Bills job he wouldn't have a QB who can run, but two good RB's. I think Kelly has a unique offensive mind. He can probably adapt to whatever he has to work with. That doesn't mean he would turn the Bills around right away, but it would be a lot of fun to see what he does.

At the very least, I think Kelly would be willing to put the ball in Spiller's hands a lot more than Gailey did. And even though he doesn't burn defenders like he did at Clemson, he still runs past them pretty well, as evidenced by being 8th in rushing this season despite being woefully under-utilized.

What I like about Kelly is that I think he'd come in and assess the situation reasonably ("OK, my QB sucks, but I've got a great RB tandem") and design the O accordingly, rather than trying to make his guys fit to his system.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's alone in one category. He's likely to be the only murdering snitch in the HOF.

What about Merlin Olsen? Do your homework before you post. Yeah thats right - Father Fuckin Murphy*.

The whole reason behind this post is because I thought "Father Fuckin Murphy" was funny.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Belichek Gollum? Makes sense now.

First of all I'm not a Patriots fan. Belicek was the D Coordinator for the Giants when they woon 2 Super Bowls. The last time the Patriots missed the playoffs they lost Tom Brady for virtually the entire season & went 11-5 with Matt Cassel as their QB. They missed out because of the tie breaker scenario. Belicek can flat out coach.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Merlin Olsen? Do your homework before you post. Yeah thats right - Father Fuckin Murphy*.

The whole reason behind this post is because I thought "Father Fuckin Murphy" was funny.

Wow, Comeds going with a deep cut there.

You guys are fucking slipping. No OJ references when it comes to the slashers HOF? C'mon man !!

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Ray Lewis is so overrated it makes me want to puke.

His lame little jailhouse shuffle dance that he does at the start of each game makes him so much better than any other middle linebacker to ever play the game. :burt:

Stick to hockey, fag.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good comeback!!

:yo:

Ray also has more career tackles and INT's than Fletcher does in less games played. Not to mention he was the anchor of a record-setting defense that won a Super Bowl with TRENT FUCKING DILFER at QB.

So please stop, Skins fans. You're inferiority complex is showing.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick to hockey, fag.

Damn, I should have posted that instead of Father Fuckin' Murphy. I need to send myself a FTD Pick Me Up Bouquet.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yo:

Ray also has more career tackles and INT's than Fletcher does in less games played. Not to mention he was the anchor of a record-setting defense that won a Super Bowl with TRENT FUCKING DILFER at QB.

So please stop, Skins fans. You're inferiority complex is showing.

I can't stand the Skins.

Ray Lewis is a really good player who had a few great years. He's been living on rep since about 2006, IMO.

He does belong in the HOF but he shouldn't be mentioned next to unique talents like LT, Butkus, Lambert, White, etc. on the defensive side of the ball.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand the Skins.

Ray Lewis is a really good player who had a few great years. He's been living on rep since about 2006, IMO.

He does belong in the HOF but he shouldn't be mentioned next to unique talents like LT, Butkus, Lambert, White, etc. on the defensive side of the ball.

I'd agree more if your date was 2009. Even so I don't think the team could have easily done better until last year or this year. Up to then I think he was still a very good player. I think there are better LBs on the team now than Lewis.

I wont compare Ray to players I never saw, everyone looks good when you read about them or just see highlights, but I saw LT and I think Ray matches up very favorably with him. I think Ray had as many or more great seasons as LT did. I don't really care, both are fantastic players.

Ray also had a couple of really good years in anonymity at the beginning of his career on a really awful defense. For a couple years early on there were few offenses better than the Ravens offense with one of them being whomever was playing the Ravens.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Singletary is eerily absent from this conversation. He was the most cerebral MLB ever.

Also, look at the guys Lewis had around him: Reed, McCallister, Ngata, Suggs, Woodson, etc...

Look at who London played with.

Status
Not open for further replies.