• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the day of Ray Lewis announcing his retirement, here is some interesting info:

A-WrCejCUAEGpIC.jpg:large

Self promotion vs humility

HOLY SHIT

Nice Stats Christian Ponder!!

That's what you meant, right?
I mean , that's gotta be a QB rating in the 140's right there

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long have they been keeping dick stabbing stats? Only the past few years isn't it?

Yes, only since 2008. And while the traditional DS stat is useful, I find ESPN's new DSR index to be much more comprehensive and telling.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this thread still going? The NFL season is over. :p

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 20 years ago today that the Buffalo Bills came back from a 35-3 deficit (in the third quarter) to defeat the Houston Oilers and Warren Moon 41-38 in OT in the 1993 NFL wildcard playoff game. It's still an NFL record.

I remember it well and what an incredible comeback.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 20 years ago today that the Buffalo Bills came back from a 35-3 deficit (in the third quarter) to defeat the Houston Oilers and Warren Moon 41-38 in OT in the 1993 NFL wildcard playoff game. It's still an NFL record.

I remember it well and what an incredible comeback.

The Bills had the Reich stuff that day, Boss...

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills had the Reich stuff that day, Boss...

They sure did dash. A lot of people also forget that Thurman Thomas left the game in the third quarter injured and Cornelius Bennett didn't play at all because of an injury. What a great game I just wish....................

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Brinson ‏@willbrinson
Ray Lewis to ESPN makes sense. Thought he would take a stab at being a full-time motivational speaker though.

:fencing:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way to stick it to him Dash

anyway

Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid.

Chiefs? I thought Arizona was hot for Andy. Hmmmm It's going to be interesting with the coaching shuffle.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All solid candidates. The only question I have about Kelly is what kind of offense would he run in the NFL. I imagine he would adjust to the players he has on the roster. He's an innovator so that's a plus. The fact Belicek went to watch his practiceses speaks volumes.

The questions you ask are the exact reason I want Kelly in Buffalo.

There's a couple solid guys looking for jobs (I like Smith for instance), but I'd much rather have a new guy.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs have offered Reid full control of their organization. He would be the head coach & have the final say on player personnel decisions.

Well that explains that. It's a nice offer and can understand why he would jump at it.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that explains that. It's a nice offer and can understand why he would jump at it.

That's the reason they gave on Disney anyway. Can't blame him one bit for taking advantage of a great opportunity like that. Apparently he had the final say in Philly for the past two years.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The questions you ask are the exact reason I want Kelly in Buffalo.

There's a couple solid guys looking for jobs (I like Smith for instance), but I'd much rather have a new guy.

I think it would be fun to watch what Kelly does because we've seen a transformation at the QB position the past two years. Cam Newton, RG3, Kaepernick, Wilson can all run & throw the ball.

I know the Panthers haven't let Rivera go, but Kelly would probably be a great fit their with Newton & their three RB's.

The name that I'm surprised hasn't gotten much attention from NFL teams is David Shaw the head coach at Stanford.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see the transition from college to pro with his style of offense. So much of Oregon's success on offense is due to their speed, something that is almost always negated in the NFL. It's the reason Reggie Bush is a mediocre RB, why the option doesn't work, and why so many wideouts that use to burn guys in college are merely special teamers at this point. The speed and intelligence of defenders in the pros compared to college may make Chip Kelly a risky choice for head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.