• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too bad Cutler returns next week...

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, hold on everyone, let's not go overboard. McCown did this against a team with NO pass rush. Those 3 big guys are damn good run defenders, and they completely dominated the Bears interior linemen on inside rushes, but those guys are not pass rushers.

The other thing is he missed a lot of wide open receivers on some plays. I haven't watched the All-22 yet, so I'm sure there was a lot more than you can see on the worthless network broadcast angle, but he missed at least 4 wide open guys.

McCown played well, and Cutler doesn't deserve $20 million, but let's not go overboard on the H.M.S. Cutler just yet, ok?

Bottom line: Are you confident that Jay Cutler can win the BIG games for the Bears, and lead them deep into the playoffs (and/or the SB)?

In 4+ years I have seen no evidence that he's able to do so.

Mark my words... before the season is over "Big Game" Jay (lol) will either be out with (yet) another season-ending injury OR killing the team by forcing the issue and trying to do too much.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
l wouldnt say there was no pass rush, that throw to the endzone to marshall for the TD had McCown pinballed between defenders getting hit from both sides. Raji was on his game, all the pressure was coming right up the middle. Seriously Slausen, when the blitzer is a CB, take the fricking defensive tackle and leave the cornerback for the running back.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, Trestman takes nobody quarterbacks to superbowls. Jay is a somebody. some of McCowns throws looked slow, but they got to the target. Bears need to continue to draft a quarterback every year to eventually stumble onto one. Jay has lucked out of quite a few picks this season and you always gotta worry about his diabetes in night and non sunday games.

McCown is the perfect backup for jay because he is not afraid of him taking his job. You get a real quarterback backing jay up and he ignores him as competition, like Jason last season.

I dont know how ready jay will be next week, I am sure McCowns great game management will bring Jay back a week sooner than is best for his long term health, worried his dollars are going down with his deal. Bottom line, jay gets franchised for 19.5 whatever. Money wrecked Flacco and Ryan this off season.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Bottom line: Are you confident that Jay Cutler can win the BIG games for the Bears, and lead them deep into the playoffs (and/or the SB)?

Mark my words... before the season is over "Big Game" Jay (lol) will either be out with (yet) another season-ending injury OR killing the team by forcing the issue and trying to do too much.

Confident? No. Do I think it's possible he will play well in a big game? Certainly possible. This is the first offense they've had in a long time that seems up to playoff competition. I don't think cutler has yet been in the playoffs with a top tier offense before. If they get there this year, I'd say that will change.

Am way more concerned and unconfident in the defensive front seven than with Cutler. Especially come playoff time when the quality of the offenses goes up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown is a top backup and Cutler a top starter. This whole posts smells of berk dice dingus days of old. DSK is part of the dice clan. And you guys bit hook line and sinker.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a nice win.....But

ESPN is the past. And it is done.
@ Richig: Who made you fukin judge and jury on this board?
Just curious.
I tend to agree w/the OP. Josh has run the O better than Jay . I haven't checked them, but I'm sure Josh's QB rating is higher than Jay's. After the Wash. game I had some doubts. But how Josh performed vs a very good GB D, how the hell do you not bring the question up.
I think your the delusional know it all.

13-30 as a starter.......nuff said. Josh McCown didn't have that great of a night except for being turnover free and managing the offense. Delusional is thinking Josh can be anything more than A BACK UP QB.....PERIOD:omg::lame::wtf2:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is the past. And it is done.
@ Richig: Who made you fukin judge and jury on this board?
Just curious.
I tend to agree w/the OP. Josh has run the O better than Jay . I haven't checked them, but I'm sure Josh's QB rating is higher than Jay's. After the Wash. game I had some doubts. But how Josh performed vs a very good GB D, how the hell do you not bring the question up.
I think your the delusional know it all.

as do I.............Cutler is still a little hurt,mccown deserves another start and lets see how it pans out.

C

cubzzzfanincali

let's look at this another way.

Does Josy have better natural talent than Jay? Obviously, no.

Does Josh have better mechanics than Jay? Not usually. In Josh's defense, he has really bad mechanics less often. Cutler is famous for those occasional "WTF are you doing?" plays.

Does Josh make better decisions than Jay. Other than the above, no. Josh blows open receivers more than Jay.

Is Josh a better scrambler than Jay? I haven't seen it.

What, then, is the argument for Josh?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is a bum... a career LOSER. If he's not injured (killing any chances the Bears might have had) he's throwing red zone picks and laying eggs in BIG games.

Yeah he was playing his best ball as a Bear before this (latest) injury, but that's because it's a contract year.

:doh:

Bottom line: McCown has been just as good these past 2 games whether Cutler jock-lickers (like richig) care to admit it or not.

Troll

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
63- For real? Its pretty safe to say the talent levels of both have been evaluated- and Jay is the starter for reasons along those lines. Look, I like what McCown has done. However, unlike years past the offensive line is much improved, and the receiving targets are much improved. Remember how much of a dropoff there was in ANY offensive production between Cutler and when the backups had to play prior to this year?? You know, when the protection was quite poor and at best there was one target to get the ball too consistently( Forte, and Marshall last year)??? Cmon- lets not get ahead of ourselves here. BTW- Rich is spot on about DK- he is a dope extraordinaire.

Was pretty blitzed when posted that.
I won't argue the talent level favors Jay. But there have been a number of talented guys who never made it.
Just think Josh has better grasp of this O right now than Jay.
And it shows in his play. The whole O looks more confident out there w/ Josh. To me any way.
In 6 quarters of play, 4 td passes no Ints. is pretty productive.
I don't have #s to throw at you, but it seems we're punting less when Josh is there also.
Not trying to diss Jay, I'm 1 of his biggest fans. Just think Josh is doing a hell of a job.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one made me the judge and jury. I'm just simply pointing out that DK was a moron at ESPN, and clearly still is.

If you honestly think McCown is better than Cutler, you can take a seat next to him.

Guess I should throw an apology your way, was pretty blitzed, when posting , and your I can't fathom any way the Bears win this 1 post was eating at me. Thought you deserved a shot for that . I think I threw few at you through out the board. Again my apologies.

But I never did or will say Josh is better than Jay.
Just saying he seems to have better grasp for the O, and seems to be running it better right now than Jay.
JMO.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game with a Bears fan sitting next to me and said to him joking around that the Packers need Cutler in the game because they would have had a few pick sixes in the game and he said he was not a fan of Cutler and was glad McCown was in the game

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game with a Bears fan sitting next to me and said to him joking around that the Packers need Cutler in the game because they would have had a few pick sixes in the game and he said he was not a fan of Cutler and was glad McCown was in the game

You want a cookie?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I too have ZERO confidence in Jay....And said the same thing to myself of him being injured YET AGAIN when he gets back.
And if he does,he definetley needs cut from this team.
I have not seen this guy out on the field playing WHILE he is injured,but have seen other qbs do it.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
l wouldnt say there was no pass rush, that throw to the endzone to marshall for the TD had McCown pinballed between defenders getting hit from both sides. Raji was on his game, all the pressure was coming right up the middle. Seriously Slausen, when the blitzer is a CB, take the fricking defensive tackle and leave the cornerback for the running back.

That was helluva play by both players.......Kudos!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, Trestman takes nobody quarterbacks to superbowls. Jay is a somebody. some of McCowns throws looked slow, but they got to the target. Bears need to continue to draft a quarterback every year to eventually stumble onto one. Jay has lucked out of quite a few picks this season and you always gotta worry about his diabetes in night and non sunday games.

McCown is the perfect backup for jay because he is not afraid of him taking his job. You get a real quarterback backing jay up and he ignores him as competition, like Jason last season.

I dont know how ready jay will be next week, I am sure McCowns great game management will bring Jay back a week sooner than is best for his long term health, worried his dollars are going down with his deal. Bottom line, jay gets franchised for 19.5 whatever. Money wrecked Flacco and Ryan this off season.

This is why I said in an earlier post in some other thread,i`m not against signing a free agent qb if there is a good one out there.let jay go.
Or if we go big name free agent defense,lets see whats available in the draft......Hey I think we need to start thin king this way cause I really believe Cutler is not the answer.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ps........I think Ryan is definetley the better of the two and Ryan pretty much has/had no help at wr with White and Jones injured.
And as for Flacco,thats Newsome`s fault for think Joe is a bonafide qb.What he did last playoff game vs the Denver and that desperation heave,was just pure luck.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
liar,liar,liar.....pants on fire

And your parents wanted a boy. You are an idiot still.:lame::wtf2::L

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUMP

As I was saying... another clutch performance from "Big Game" Jay...!!

PS: Bears win this game by double-digits if McCown starts.
PSS: ROFL at that idiot Cutler jock-licking apologist richig.

Last edited by a moderator: