• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too bad Cutler returns next week...

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown has looked BETTER than Cutler...!! Screw Jay and his injury-prone ass... I say Josh is our man!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when people said Caleb Hanie should be the starter after the 2010 playoffs? Remember when Caleb Hanie actually got to start after the Cutler injury in 2011?

Let's not put bad karma on Jay, thank you.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when people said Caleb Hanie should be the starter after the 2010 playoffs? Remember when Caleb Hanie actually got to start after the Cutler injury in 2011?

Let's not put bad karma on Jay, thank you.

There's only 1 problem with your statement... McCown is not Hanie. :wink:

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord! Cutler so far this season is 10th in the NFL with a 91.7 passer rating, and is 9th in total QBR. McCown played great the last 2 weeks, and its great to have a good backup. But please, you can't seriously prefer a career journeyman over a guy that has been one of the top 10 starting QBs in football this season. McCown is a solid backup but would get exposed if he had to play often. He has a career passer rating in the low 70s. He's nowhere near Cutler's class! God Bless...

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, there is a reason he's the backup. It's because he's better.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome win, but come fucking on...if this is somehow some sort of indictment of Cutler, I don't personally get it??

This was great coaching, above average execution, and a team that shouldn't be overlooked.

And I certainly don't wanna hear shit about AR's injury....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was waiting for the first one to say this.

Fitting that it comes from the board idiot from ESPN.

Ever get tired of being a moron, DK?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason Josh McCown is a back-up - be thankful you have a solid backup that can play for a few games if Jay Cutler gets hurt - no need to anoint Josh McCown as a starter

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown has looked BETTER than Cutler...!! Screw Jay and his injury-prone ass... I say Josh is our man!

131443075153-Abandon_thread_Jim.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you that didn't post on ESPN, ignore DangerousKitchen.

He was the board's punching bag over the last decade. Some of the most ridiculous statements about the Bears that I HAVE EVER HEARD have come from this guy.

That's saying a lot... I've heard some really bad delusional Bears fan talk in my day.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was the board's punching bag over the last decade. Some of the most ridiculous statements about the Bears that I HAVE EVER HEARD have come from this guy.

That's saying a lot... I've heard some really bad delusional Bears fan talk in my day.

ESPN is the past. And it is done.
@ Richig: Who made you fukin judge and jury on this board?
Just curious.
I tend to agree w/the OP. Josh has run the O better than Jay . I haven't checked them, but I'm sure Josh's QB rating is higher than Jay's. After the Wash. game I had some doubts. But how Josh performed vs a very good GB D, how the hell do you not bring the question up.
I think your the delusional know it all.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just curious.
I tend to agree w/the OP. Josh has run the O better than Jay . I haven't checked them, but I'm sure Josh's QB rating is higher than Jay's. After the Wash. game I had some doubts. But how Josh performed vs a very good GB D, how the hell do you not bring the question up.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious.

63- For real? Its pretty safe to say the talent levels of both have been evaluated- and Jay is the starter for reasons along those lines. Look, I like what McCown has done. However, unlike years past the offensive line is much improved, and the receiving targets are much improved. Remember how much of a dropoff there was in ANY offensive production between Cutler and when the backups had to play prior to this year?? You know, when the protection was quite poor and at best there was one target to get the ball too consistently( Forte, and Marshall last year)??? Cmon- lets not get ahead of ourselves here. BTW- Rich is spot on about DK- he is a dope extraordinaire.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mccown over Cutler? seriously? Whatever it is your smoking I will take 2. If you really watched the game last night you would have seen a QB who despite having good protection all night, was never really comfortable in the pocket. Also he takes along time to deliver the ball. There where lots of plays left out on that field because he just didn't get the ball out very quick. Mccown is what he is. A good solid backup. Lets not forget he has done what he has done against one of the worst D's in football (Washington) And a D missing it's best player in Matthews.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mccown over Cutler? seriously? Whatever it is your smoking I will take 2. If you really watched the game last night you would have seen a QB who despite having good protection all night, was never really comfortable in the pocket. Also he takes along time to deliver the ball. There where lots of plays left out on that field because he just didn't get the ball out very quick. Mccown is what he is. A good solid backup. Lets not forget he has done what he has done against one of the worst D's in football (Washington) And a D missing it's best player in Matthews.

Exactamundo!

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears will have a big decision to make during the off season if McNown continues to play as well has he is

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really. he's 34 years old. Might have a decision to make but not about mcCown.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious.

No one made me the judge and jury. I'm just simply pointing out that DK was a moron at ESPN, and clearly still is.

If you honestly think McCown is better than Cutler, you can take a seat next to him.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is a bum... a career LOSER. If he's not injured (killing any chances the Bears might have had) he's throwing red zone picks and laying eggs in BIG games.

Yeah he was playing his best ball as a Bear before this (latest) injury, but that's because it's a contract year.

:doh:

Bottom line: McCown has been just as good these past 2 games whether Cutler jock-lickers (like richig) care to admit it or not.

C

cubzzzfanincali

again, hold on everyone, let's not go overboard. McCown did this against a team with NO pass rush. Those 3 big guys are damn good run defenders, and they completely dominated the Bears interior linemen on inside rushes, but those guys are not pass rushers.

The other thing is he missed a lot of wide open receivers on some plays. I haven't watched the All-22 yet, so I'm sure there was a lot more than you can see on the worthless network broadcast angle, but he missed at least 4 wide open guys.

McCown played well, and Cutler doesn't deserve $20 million, but let's not go overboard on the H.M.S. Cutler just yet, ok?