• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Dungy admits the Colts were stealing signals during his tenure.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One day you'll understand its about getting caught in tge act, and stop trying to justify the cheating.

Reactions: GNG

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One day you'll understand its about getting caught in tge act, and stop trying to justify the cheating.

No I won't because that is not what happened.

The Pats were punished for the location of the camera, not filming signals. They still do it to this day, and if you come to Gillette I can show you were the camera is.

It was always about punishing success, incompetence of the new commish, and nothing more. It has since remained a crutch for fans like yourself to lean on to try and explain away the fact that the Patriots have been the most dominant team since the early 90's.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pats were punished for the location of the camera, not filming signals. They still do it to this day, and if you come to Gillette I can show you were the camera is.

It was always about punishing success, incompetence of the new commish, and nothing more. It has since remained a crutch for fans like yourself to lean on to try and explain away the fact that the Patriots have been the most dominant team since the early 90's.
I'm not getting into a long drawn out argument again, but the league sent outva memo to cease on the filming the Pats were punished for snd your team ignored it.
I'm sure every team is doing all they can to get an advantage, fine they just need to except the consequences when caught, and stop CRYING about it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting into a long drawn out argument again, but the league sent outva memo to cease on the filming the Pats were punished for snd your team ignored it.
I'm sure every team is doing all they can to get an advantage, fine they just need to except the consequences when caught, and stop CRYING about it.

Who's crying about it? I know who's whining about it.

What I'm pointing out is that they were fined for the location, and not for the actual filming. FACTS. It's the media that made it into cheating, it wasn't. It was a rule violation. As for the memo, sure they ignored it, and it probably had to do with the heavy handed punishment by the incompetent new commish.

Tony Dungy road his high horse all while knowing he was stealing signals as well. He's a hypocrite.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the media that made it into cheating, it wasn't. It was a rule violation.

What is a violation of the rules? In most instances it is considered cheating...

Sean Spicer, is that you?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is a violation of the rules? In most instances it is considered cheating...

Sean Spicer, is that you?

Wearing the wrong colored spikes is also a rule violation, do you consider that cheating?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wearing the wrong colored spikes is also a rule violation, do you consider that cheating?

That is a uniform violation. Not even close to the same thing as breaking rules to gain a competitive edge (A.K.A. cheating).

Keep trying.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a uniform violation. Not even close to the same thing as breaking rules to gain a competitive edge (A.K.A. cheating).

Keep trying.

So what's the difference if the camera is on the sideline, or in the booth where it is now? The answer is none, ie there was no advantage, and makes it an equipment level violation. (A.K.A. not cheating.)

Keep trying.

I'm heading to the airport. :thumb:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pats way is cheat and get the upper hand no matter what . the pats way is to force new rules . so many rules are made because of what the pats have gotten away with . playing hurt because you can't keep up . destroying the field because the other team is better than you . spygate , deflategate concussion gate, unigate ole roger likes the pats . all of this with ole tom and bill the gate goats . so what is ole toms fountain of youth ?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lmao early 90's my ass until 2001 is the start of yalls run tuck and spy gate . was the pats even .500 in the 90's ?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's the difference if the camera is on the sideline, or in the booth where it is now? The answer is none, ie there was no advantage, and makes it an equipment level violation. (A.K.A. not cheating.)

Keep trying.

I'm heading to the airport. :thumb:

First, that article you sourced is a P.O.S. You should know better than to use bleacher report.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The rules clearly state:

Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem with having/taking a video of opposing coaches on the sideline is that it is immediately accessible by the offending team during the game by that team's coaches, if they so choose. The rules clearly prohibit information gathering equipment on the sideline during games.

Belichick's argument was that the camera was not on "the field of play" and therefor should not have been a violation. But if you read the rule, it allows for field telephones which are not technically in "the field of play", but on the sideline. So the NFL determines "the field of play" to include the sidelines, therefor making what the Patriots did illegal.

Bill Belichick is always working the gray area of the rules, his interpretation was wrong in this instance.

Having different color cleats provides no competitive advantage. Having the potential to be able to study teams signs on the sideline during a game is not even close to the same thing.

Keep reaching.

Last edited:

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ. Your team just won another Super Bowl and you're STILL complaining? Just shut the fuck up, asshole. You've gone way past annoying with this shit.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao early 90's my ass until 2001 is the start of yalls run tuck and spy gate . was the pats even .500 in the 90's ?
No, but they had a better record than the Colts.

Is this the level we've gotten to now? Make fun of the fact that they weren't good 20+ years ago?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No really sure why he is admitting it now... What does he have to gain from this?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pats way is cheat and get the upper hand no matter what . the pats way is to force new rules . so many rules are made because of what the pats have gotten away with . playing hurt because you can't keep up . destroying the field because the other team is better than you . spygate , deflategate concussion gate, unigate ole roger likes the pats . all of this with ole tom and bill the gate goats . so what is ole toms fountain of youth ?
Making people like you cringe seeing him playing another year. Let's just call it HaterAde

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, that article you sourced is a P.O.S. You should know better than to use bleacher report.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The rules clearly state:

Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem with having/taking a video of opposing coaches on the sideline is that it is immediately accessible by the offending team during the game by that team's coaches, if they so choose. The rules clearly prohibit information gathering equipment on the sideline during games.

Belichick's argument was that the camera was not on "the field of play" and therefor should not have been a violation. But if you read the rule, it allows for field telephones which are not technically in "the field of play", but on the sideline. So the NFL determines "the field of play" to include the sidelines, therefor making what the Patriots did illegal.

Bill Belichick is always working the gray area of the rules, his interpretation was wrong in this instance.

Having different color cleats provides no competitive advantage. Having the potential to be able to study teams signs on the sideline during a game is not even close to the same thing.

Keep reaching.
Sorry this is pretty weak. You are still allowed to film during the game. Coaches in the press box have access to every piece of information and can relay it to the headsets instantaneously.
BB violated a memo by placing a camera where the league said you couldn't. That's it. No big deal. Move along nothing to see.