• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula New HC

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 13s14 seconds ago
The 49ers also will retain QBs coach Geep Chryst. His son, Keller, was a top recruit at Stanford. Keller, of course, is a quarterback.

Getting worse by the minute!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 13s14 seconds ago
The 49ers also will retain QBs coach Geep Chryst. His son, Keller, was a top recruit at Stanford. Keller, of course, is a quarterback.

Getting worse by the minute!

Wonder what Geep Chryst did to keep his job. Rather have kept Solari over Chryst

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
More wins than Harbs this year or overall? 8-8 season is due to injuries and York/Baalke trying to trade Harbs to Cleveland before season even started so this season performance has a lot to do with upper mgmt. undermining coach to start with....if York comment was about winning more overall over 4 yrs. it just York is a bit delusional as to expectations kinda like his statement on expecting to be winning SB every year...which struck me on face value as a delusional view given by a guy who has never played the game or been a sportsman at anything.

I hate that. This season was not due to injuries. We had two significant injuries on offense. That's not a lot. The offense should have still been effective. With even a marginal performance from the offense in the second half of games, we easily beat Chicago, St. Louis (second game), and San Diego. That's just with the team not playing like absolute trash, not actually playing well. The only games that can even kind of be put on the D are the Broncos game (couldn't really stop them), the first Hawks game (but offense literally did nothing), the Oakland game (whole team was a joke), and San Diego (if the offense puts together one decent second-half drive, we win; this was the one game where injuries really caught up to us on D, though).

I suppose you can fault the FO for the turbulence a bit, but there were clearly problems with this team on the field that never got fixed.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
its 4 years at 8-12 mill (2-3 million a year). that's whats been reported. I thnk Fangio was making for then that last year. 49ers are taking the cheap way out.

Instead of paying for a high name or someone that is more proven they took their yes man and no need to pay him a lot until he proves himself.

Now I have his back and lets hope we hire a good OC and DC

Tomsula is cheap, but I don't think that's why they hired him. The coaching staff over the past few years has been one of the highest paid in the league. The "Yorks are cheap" storyline was completely overblown and has been debunked in recent years.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we fail it all falls on Baalke. Big risk baalke is taking here.

I do agree with that, though. There's a ton of pressure on Baalke and Tomsula. They basically have to make the playoffs this next year.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomsula must be the most bluecoller coach in NFL history. From everything I've gathered we'll be begging to Singletary to interview.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomsula is cheap, but I don't think that's why they hired him. The coaching staff over the past few years has been one of the highest paid in the league. The "Yorks are cheap" storyline was completely overblown and has been debunked in recent years.

Yes they Finally spent money on a top coach and look what happen we won. I think they used Harbaugh to get the new stadium. Get that big name coach that we been waiting for years to sell tickets and now that the new stadium is up and running back to hiring coaches that don't make sense. York is a business man 1st then he worries about winning.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
our 8-8 season had nothing to do with injuries, our defense was the side that was hit with the injury bug and with 2nd and 3rd string players our defense was still top 5 in the league, our 8-8 season was because our offense was absolutely fucking horrible!!!!! we couldn't score a single touchdown in the 4th quarter the entire damn season.

Defense played well but didn't shut anyone down completely...not as hard core as 2 yrs ago. When it came down to stopping someone when it counted they still gave up critical points. Certainly not the worst problem though as offense was horrid. Can't get Wr separation,hard schedule, Kap not passing for enough yards,scheme not consistent, power running not consistent...great one day mediocre the next. Kap unable to score in red zone...of course we lack red zone weapons...VD not playing up to his potential. OL right side serious problems and Center play mediocre at best with constant injury. Sorry but Ol was injured a lot. But yes offense was major part of problem ...so what do we do?...go HC Dl coach + fired DC+ most winningness coach in recent history with OC coach du jour on the way...

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To compound this point, JOHNNY FUCKING MORTON, as in the WR coach that didn't do a fucking thing while here to develop any of our WR talent, was the highest paid WR coach in the NFL.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Debunked only after being criticized over may years...then out of the blue they pay for a man to give them success and low and behold they start winning the most in years. Tends to suggest that paying for good coaching talent pays off...so what did they learn from all that? Go back to the bargain basement Walmart special in tomsula. Not arguing here just pointing out that we are more likely than not to hear that great sucking sound soon than later....we just became irrelevant again me thinks. Jmho

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we fail it all falls on Baalke. Big risk baalke is taking here.

Baalke is the GM, it always falls to him no matter who the Coach. Similarly, it always falls to York as Owner, it comes with the territory.

There is always big risk, no matter who they named as HC. Name a HC that wouldn't have been risky?

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent gotten a chance to watch the press conference yet. Heard it was kind of rough on Tomsula but watching his interview and that started off rocky but how he described how he will be approaching the Head Coach position has me encouraged that the team is going to be in good hands. Please lets just have some patience and give the guy some time before we declare doom.

The interview itself (on CSN) was a very interesting watch. There were times I couldnt help but laugh and how awkward it was, but there was somethings that I found encouraging in it. And I think Tomsula just needs some practice with the media and things will go smoother in the future.
imo its worth the watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes they Finally spent money on a top coach and look what happen we won. I think they used Harbaugh to get the new stadium. Get that big name coach that we been waiting for years to sell tickets and now that the new stadium is up and running back to hiring coaches that don't make sense. York is a business man 1st then he worries about winning.

I almost wish that was true. It'd be great to have an evil genius like that running the show.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Defense played well but didn't shut anyone down completely...not as hard core as 2 yrs ago. When it came down to stopping someone when it counted they still gave up critical points. Certainly not the worst problem though as offense was horrid. Can't get Wr separation,hard schedule, Kap not passing for enough yards,scheme not consistent, power running not consistent...great one day mediocre the next. Kap unable to score in red zone...of course we lack red zone weapons...VD not playing up to his potential. OL right side serious problems and Center play mediocre at best with constant injury. Sorry but Ol was injured a lot. But yes offense was major part of problem ...so what do we do?...go HC Dl coach + fired DC+ most winningness coach in recent history with OC coach du jour on the way...

No, the defense was not elite. It was missing three all-pro LBs, the first and second NT, and a starting CB for virtually the whole season. But it was still very good. As I noted above, if the offense was even not god-awful in the second half of games, we would have gone 11-5. If they were decent in the second half of games, we would have gone 13-3.

I just don't buy all the excuses for the offense. The C position was not awful; Kilgore was actually playing pretty well when he went down. Martin was up-and-down, as you'd expect from a rookie, but he wasn't a complete wash. But nothing justifies just how bad the offense was. They averaged two points a game in the fourth quarter. That's ridiculous and inexcusable, even if they had suffered a legitimately large number of starters.

I'm not trying to justify firing Harbaugh and hiring Tomsula, per se. Just saying that the poor performance on offense is largely attributable to the coaching.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, the defense was not elite. It was missing three all-pro LBs, the first and second NT, and a starting CB for virtually the whole season. But it was still very good. As I noted above, if the offense was even not god-awful in the second half of games, we would have gone 11-5. If they were decent in the second half of games, we would have gone 13-3.

I just don't buy all the excuses for the offense. The C position was not awful; Kilgore was actually playing pretty well when he went down. Martin was up-and-down, as you'd expect from a rookie, but he wasn't a complete wash. But nothing justifies just how bad the offense was. They averaged two points a game in the fourth quarter. That's ridiculous and inexcusable, even if they had suffered a legitimately large number of starters.

I'm not trying to justify firing Harbaugh and hiring Tomsula, per se. Just saying that the poor performance on offense is largely attributable to the coaching.

Starting to think Harbs heart wasn't into coaching this year after he found out the officially denied rumor of mgmt tiring to trade him to Cleveland was in fact true...then all the leaked BS started to come out and well by the halfway point in the season he could see he writing on the wall and quite frankly got demoralized...then seeing how this Tomsula thing played out and screwing Fangio over who by all accounts worked miracles with a depleted D but still fought on...make one question :wtf2: is going on...now read the Greg papa twiter stuff and comments and man do we look totally dis functional on wavelengths. Pretty depressing...no way to run any organization...:omg:

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wasn't blaming Kilgore but he wasn't making all the adjustment calls correctly due to his general playing time although overall he was doing a decent job on his own man as best as I could tell. Then all to early he got injured and Martin had more problems along the same lines and actually had more problems with the pace of the game which is totally justifiable given he is a rookie and got thrown in there coming off his own injury. I was just pointing out that the offensive line was out of sync and not all is well on that unit either. So the line had not gelled to any degree almost till the end of the year. But the last 2 games I thought they were finally gelling and much better so ther is hope next season if they stay healthy.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And if this is true about reneging on a Gase choice to be HC at the last moment over Baalke choice for a Jed choice..man that is dis functional. Tomsula was like way down on my list given his total lack of qualifications of even being a Dc or senior mgmt type. =not qualified except everyone likes him especially the boss York. Then this plays out with Fangio and the rest of the staff getting sacked. Makes me wish Gase got the job then at least Fangio might of had a chance to decide to stay or at least the lie would not be so apparent. Jed really looks bad right now totally incompetent even in his dealings with shake and bake Baalke.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maiocco:

Jim Tomsula said when he heard speculation that he could be the next head coach during the season it was “terribly uncomfortable."

Hasn't spoken to Jim recently either.