• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula New HC

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and somewhere in Michigan....Harbaugh smiles and laughs at this move

Can wait to see how many feathers ruffle there. His days are numbered just like every other oppertunity he's squandered. Mark my words, he's got 3-4 years there before he's gone if the program isn't where the alumni feels it's at the level it should be.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else does anyone want?? Some other coordinator with zero knowledge about the FO?? A retread HC (sexy rexy) who hasn't proven anything besides he's a funny guy at a press conference?? I'd rather have a guy tht has the respect of our players, knows the FO politics, and has some competency with the press. I love Harbs, his grit and competitive fire...BUT...he gone. I think any real DC would be drooling to get their hands on our D (fully healthy) and that we will for sure need a legit OC, and QB coach, and fill in the blanks for WR Coach, and SP teams coach (I dunno Ray Charles could have do w better?). Let's wait to see how the staff rounds out before you armchair GM's start chucking fucking Tea into the river.

I wanted a Mike Shanahan HC, Vick Fangio DC combo

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see who the OC and DC will be along with other positional coaches besides RB. We all want the Niners and Tomsula to succeed. But if the Niners struggle, I don't want to even hear Jed say, "hold me accountable". Even if the Niners go 10-6, but miss the playoffs, it will be another wasted year. That's just my opinion.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
harbaugh didn't comment on Tomsula being HC. He was not happy to see that for some reason.
I want Callahan as OC. He did a great job with dallas and knows how to run the ball.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted a Mike Shanahan HC, Vick Fangio DC combo

As last resort I would of took Mike as HC, Kyle as OC and Fangio as DC. This would of been my last pick, but I didn't think tomsula would even be an option. So my last option or no option is tomsula but I am ready to back him and time to think positive.

I still think they should of hired Fangio as HC and Tomsula as DC and then pick up a good OC. This way both get promoted and both are happy and we don't lose our defense. This would of been the smart move. York took the cheap way.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
harbaugh didn't comment on Tomsula being HC. He was not happy to see that for some reason.
I want Callahan as OC. He did a great job with dallas and knows how to run the ball.

Wasn't there a rumor out there that Baalke thought Tomsula could have gotten more wins than Harbaugh when he was coaching and Harbaugh heard about it? If so, I can see why he was not happy.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who else does anyone want?? Some other coordinator with zero knowledge about the FO?? A retread HC (sexy rexy) who hasn't proven anything besides he's a funny guy at a press conference?? I'd rather have a guy tht has the respect of our players, knows the FO politics, and has some competency with the press. I love Harbs, his grit and competitive fire...BUT...he gone. I think any real DC would be drooling to get their hands on our D (fully healthy) and that we will for sure need a legit OC, and QB coach, and fill in the blanks for WR Coach, and SP teams coach (I dunno Ray Charles could have do w better?). Let's wait to see how the staff rounds out before you armchair GM's start chucking fucking Tea into the river.

Well it isn't going good so far as the retool is looking more like rebuild..and who we got so far really starting to look like a loyalty thing and not a qualified thing..seen this before with York so it certainly looking like the 49er house is on fore and we are waiting for the other shoe to fall cuz shoes are starting to rain down on this parade.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wasn't there a rumor out there that Baalke thought Tomsula could have gotten more wins than Harbaugh when he was coaching and Harbaugh heard about it? If so, I can see why he was not happy.

Tim K's new article: "1. York indicated to people in the building as far back as last summer that he was pretty sure Tomsula could win more games than Harbaugh.
I’ve heard, coincidentally, that Harbaugh got wind of that management sentiment and he and Tomsula barely spoke in the last several weeks of Harbaugh’s’ tenure here."

Baalke appears to be not only the GM but also the HC in choosing the OC/DC. Heil Baalke! It's his ship and I hope it floats but if it doesn't he's gone in a couple years because we all know York will never be held "accountable".

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim K's new article: "1. York indicated to people in the building as far back as last summer that he was pretty sure Tomsula could win more games than Harbaugh.
I’ve heard, coincidentally, that Harbaugh got wind of that management sentiment and he and Tomsula barely spoke in the last several weeks of Harbaugh’s’ tenure here."

Baalke appears to be not only the GM but also the HC in choosing the OC/DC. Heil Baalke! It's his ship and I hope it floats but if it doesn't he's gone in a couple years because we all know York will never be held "accountable".

:agree: That's why when he said that several times in the presser, that was a bunch of crap. Jed talks about class and intergrity, but first he needs to look at the mirror.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More wins than Harbs this year or overall? 8-8 season is due to injuries and York/Baalke trying to trade Harbs to Cleveland before season even started so this season performance has a lot to do with upper mgmt. undermining coach to start with....if York comment was about winning more overall over 4 yrs. it just York is a bit delusional as to expectations kinda like his statement on expecting to be winning SB every year...which struck me on face value as a delusional view given by a guy who has never played the game or been a sportsman at anything.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As last resort I would of took Mike as HC, Kyle as OC and Fangio as DC. This would of been my last pick, but I didn't think tomsula would even be an option. So my last option or no option is tomsula but I am ready to back him and time to think positive.

I still think they should of hired Fangio as HC and Tomsula as DC and then pick up a good OC. This way both get promoted and both are happy and we don't lose our defense. This would of been the smart move. York took the cheap way.

Why do you keep making this reference? Ryan got $5.5 mil per year to coach the Bills. He got more than what Harbaugh got. Is he a better coach that Harbaugh? Do you know the amount of Tomsula's contract? I just don't understand why you continue to make this statement.:scratch:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can wait to see how many feathers ruffle there. His days are numbered just like every other oppertunity he's squandered. Mark my words, he's got 3-4 years there before he's gone if the program isn't where the alumni feels it's at the level it should be.

He seems like he wants to move on every 3-4 years anyway so I think you're correct he won't stay long at Michigan even if they are doing well. He surely wants to come back to the NFL at some point not too far away, not spend 10+ years in college. Not sure if he 'squandered' Stanford, or San Francisco, he moved on to better things.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it Marc Trestman is on the radar for the OC job! This would make things WAAAAY BETTER for Tomsula, IMO!

I'd say hell no to Trestman. Why do people like this guy I'm seriously wondering?

He's been a failure at about every job in the NFL, the one thing he's known for (offense) is usually a big let down, and Steve Young didn't like the guy at all when he was his OC.

I mean how the hell do you not even have an average offense with Alshon Jeffrey, Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte, and Jay Cutler?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say hell no to Trestman. Why do people like this guy I'm seriously wondering?

He's been a failure at about every job in the NFL, the one thing he's known for (offense) is usually a big let down, and Steve Young didn't like the guy at all when he was his OC.

I mean how the hell do you not even have an average offense with Alshon Jeffrey, Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte, and Jay Cutler?

the 49ers already fired him once and the offense got better when Mariucci took over

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep making this reference? Ryan got $5.5 mil per year to coach the Bills. He got more than what Harbaugh got. Is he a better coach that Harbaugh? Do you know the amount of Tomsula's contract? I just don't understand why you continue to make this statement.:scratch:

its 4 years at 8-12 mill (2-3 million a year). that's whats been reported. I thnk Fangio was making for then that last year. 49ers are taking the cheap way out.

Instead of paying for a high name or someone that is more proven they took their yes man and no need to pay him a lot until he proves himself.

Now I have his back and lets hope we hire a good OC and DC

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we fail it all falls on Baalke. Big risk baalke is taking here.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More wins than Harbs this year or overall? 8-8 season is due to injuries and York/Baalke trying to trade Harbs to Cleveland before season even started so this season performance has a lot to do with upper mgmt. undermining coach to start with....if York comment was about winning more overall over 4 yrs. it just York is a bit delusional as to expectations kinda like his statement on expecting to be winning SB every year...which struck me on face value as a delusional view given by a guy who has never played the game or been a sportsman at anything.

our 8-8 season had nothing to do with injuries, our defense was the side that was hit with the injury bug and with 2nd and 3rd string players our defense was still top 5 in the league, our 8-8 season was because our offense was absolutely fucking horrible!!!!! we couldn't score a single touchdown in the 4th quarter the entire damn season.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot of negativity about this hiring and nothing is certain yet. The season has not even started... Heck, 2014 season is not yet over... I for one advocate a wait and see approach yet a lot has already spelled doom and gloom.. I am sure if the Niners fail, these same poeple will be crowing "I told you so" over and over again... But if the contrary happens, I bet only a few will have the guts to come out and say they were wrong...