• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula New HC

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this elsewhere...

I read over on not especially Entertaining and sometimes SPorts Network about Tomsula's interim head coach stint (Singeltary(sp)short term replacement) that the players said he prepared them soooo much better in that they practiced things like situational stuff such as 3rd and one, last 2 minutes and other situations and the players of that time and those that are still here said he was a very good coach. Justin Smith said in the short time he went from coaching him as D-line guy and took over as Head coach he was the best head coach he had every had at that time.

Now all that said I am not confident but not in despair that they are apparently choosing Tomsula.

The article somewhat emphasized that Tomsula is a details oriented guy but also a delegate-er.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Wise the new OC. JK LOL

Lets see how we finish up here with the rest of the staff

When you hire a shit HC, he'll hire a shit staff. Nolan lucked out with the McCarthy and Turner hires (either would have been obviously preferable to Nolan as the HC). Singeltary's staff sucked. Erickson's staff sucked. Every Oakland coach since Gruden has had staffs that sucked. I can't recall a coaching staff in Jacksonville since Del Rio. Same for Buffalo, Cleveland, St Louis (Fisher is an enigma, but his results have been awful so far), Tennessee (since Fisher), etc.

Here's the problem. A guy who isn't very good doesn't know how to hire one that is, and really has no incentive to do so. If the guy he hires is so good at his job, he's gone (McCarthy and Turner), or he starts rumblings in house that he should be THE guy.

Prediction. Tomsula will either hire an OC and DC that nobody has ever heard of, or promote one of the jokers on the staff that has no business being put in that position. If he promotes the current QB coach to OC, this team is done for another decade. What has Geep demonstrated as a QB coach that would lead any sane person to think he can manage on offense. Kaepernick takes some of the dumbest "I can't ****ing believe he just took that" sacks I have ever seen in 30 years of watching this game. In three years, Geep hasn't been able to teach Kaepernick that when 4 receivers run down field he can look at more than just the first guy he wants to be open.

Regardless of the dumpster fire that Tomsula(coughBaalkecough) hires, it will be somebody that is a head scratcher. It will be somebody that is overmatched and he/she will prove it on the field. Our offense has been horrible for 15 years, so the regression won't be noticeable, but the defense going from top 5 to bottom 5 (unless Fangio starts taking acid habitually and decides to stay) will be.

Having vented, I will say this. I'm exhausted with this team trying to be "power-running, defense oriented." Good defense? Fine. But for fuck's sake, this is a PASSING LEAGUE!!!!! The rules are designed so that passing teams win. By all means, have a running game. Don't be totally eliminated on offense if somebody commits to stopping the run. Since Young retired we've seen this team crippled by an inability to pass (minus a blip on the radar when Garcia was the QB). Anybody who can stop the 9ers' run game, and it happens a lot, easily defeats them. Usually in blowout fashion.

As the reality of this bad decision sets in, I look forward to enjoying another decade of the 9ers being in the top 5 of the draft. At least they'll finish high there.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently, Harbaugh stuck to his guns with Roman, so do you want to continue with Harbaugh AND Roman?

If Harbaugh said both of us or nothing, what would you choose?

Harbaugh and Roman over this. I can't believe anybody would say otherwise, frankly.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows maybe Baalke and York told Tomsula that he has no say at OC. Remember this is their Yes Man. He might have no choice who is coaching with him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh and Roman over this. I can't believe anybody would say otherwise, frankly.

I agree, but again maybe this team needs new blood at the head of the ship. Im really hoping we land a good OC. Someone that can help Kap out and go back to run game.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but again maybe this team needs new blood at the head of the ship. Im really hoping we land a good OC. Someone that can help Kap out and go back to run game.

The head of this ship is York.

I wouldn't get your hopes up that we land a good OC. Good coaches don't apply for jobs like this.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ok that's fine but consider our offense under Harbaugh was never good. not only was it never good, it doesn't show any signs of improving??!! In fact, looks like we're going backward now?

if Harbaugh/Roman kept winning with D and a below average offense, fine, but we just saw (2014 SEASON) how this formula can't be sustained.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok that's fine but consider our offense under Harbaugh was never good. not only was it never good, it doesn't show any signs of improving??!! In fact, looks like we're going backward now?

if Harbaugh/Roman kept winning with D and a below average offense, fine, but we just saw (2014 SEASON) how this formula can't be sustained.

To be fair we had one of the most injuries in football. I think just getting our players back healthy would improve our team Big time. People forget we were with out 2 of the best MLB in football, Our #1 CB in Brock and we lost our #1 NT, and #2 NT, plus Cut Ray and A. Smith missed the 1st 9 games. Then throw in Missing our RT for what 10 games and lost our Center. This is a lot. I didn't even mention losing our 1st rd pick plus another CB.

Last season was a mess

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers are letting go of all staff except Rathman. WOW cleaning house. Also York and baalke said they will play a big role in picking the OC. They didn't say anything about the DC.

Looks like it will be too much change to win next year. It usually takes a year when u do a over haul like this.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy hasn't even coached a game yet and you guys are declaring it the worse hire ever. Actually he has coached one but whatever. How about the guy gets a chance? You know everybody starts somewhere. And for the clowns saying he wasn't even a coordinator neither was Andy Reid, Chip Kelly, Tom Coughlin and one other coach I forget who. There wasn't going to be a hire everyone liked bottom line.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To be fair we had one of the most injuries in football. I think just getting our players back healthy would improve our team Big time. People forget we were with out 2 of the best MLB in football, Our #1 CB in Brock and we lost our #1 NT, and #2 NT, plus Cut Ray and A. Smith missed the 1st 9 games. Then throw in Missing our RT for what 10 games and lost our Center. This is a lot. I didn't even mention losing our 1st rd pick plus another CB.

Last season was a mess

On defense. On offense, we were mostly healthy other than Davis and Kilgore - the latter replaced by a player who was at least in the same ballpark. Yet it was on offense where the team fell apart. The injuries were a part of things last year, certainly, but the offensive coaching was poor.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When you hire a shit HC, he'll hire a shit staff. Nolan lucked out with the McCarthy and Turner hires (either would have been obviously preferable to Nolan as the HC). Singeltary's staff sucked. Erickson's staff sucked. Every Oakland coach since Gruden has had staffs that sucked. I can't recall a coaching staff in Jacksonville since Del Rio. Same for Buffalo, Cleveland, St Louis (Fisher is an enigma, but his results have been awful so far), Tennessee (since Fisher), etc.

Here's the problem. A guy who isn't very good doesn't know how to hire one that is, and really has no incentive to do so. If the guy he hires is so good at his job, he's gone (McCarthy and Turner), or he starts rumblings in house that he should be THE guy.

Prediction. Tomsula will either hire an OC and DC that nobody has ever heard of, or promote one of the jokers on the staff that has no business being put in that position. If he promotes the current QB coach to OC, this team is done for another decade. What has Geep demonstrated as a QB coach that would lead any sane person to think he can manage on offense. Kaepernick takes some of the dumbest "I can't ****ing believe he just took that" sacks I have ever seen in 30 years of watching this game. In three years, Geep hasn't been able to teach Kaepernick that when 4 receivers run down field he can look at more than just the first guy he wants to be open.

Regardless of the dumpster fire that Tomsula(coughBaalkecough) hires, it will be somebody that is a head scratcher. It will be somebody that is overmatched and he/she will prove it on the field. Our offense has been horrible for 15 years, so the regression won't be noticeable, but the defense going from top 5 to bottom 5 (unless Fangio starts taking acid habitually and decides to stay) will be.

Having vented, I will say this. I'm exhausted with this team trying to be "power-running, defense oriented." Good defense? Fine. But for fuck's sake, this is a PASSING LEAGUE!!!!! The rules are designed so that passing teams win. By all means, have a running game. Don't be totally eliminated on offense if somebody commits to stopping the run. Since Young retired we've seen this team crippled by an inability to pass (minus a blip on the radar when Garcia was the QB). Anybody who can stop the 9ers' run game, and it happens a lot, easily defeats them. Usually in blowout fashion.

As the reality of this bad decision sets in, I look forward to enjoying another decade of the 9ers being in the top 5 of the draft. At least they'll finish high there.

Tomsula is very good at being a DL coach. How he is as a full-time HC remains to be seen.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy hasn't even coached a game yet and you guys are declaring it the worse hire ever. Actually he has coached one but whatever. How about the guy gets a chance? You know everybody starts somewhere. And for the clowns saying he wasn't even a coordinator neither was Andy Reid, Chip Kelly, Tom Coughlin and one other coach I forget who. There wasn't going to be a hire everyone liked bottom line.
Seriously, people... I agree. STFU and wait and see what happens in the fall.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always, we'll just have to wait and see how he does as our HC. He's here now, so we have to give him a chance. However, I can't blame anyone for not being excited about this hire. Going from Coach Harbaugh to the former D-line and former interim coach is not going to inspire much confidence in the fan base.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always, we'll just have to wait and see how he does as our HC. He's here now, so we have to give him a chance. However, I can't blame anyone for not being excited about this hire. Going from Coach Harbaugh to the former D-line and former interim coach is not going to inspire much confidence in the fan base.

Who else does anyone want?? Some other coordinator with zero knowledge about the FO?? A retread HC (sexy rexy) who hasn't proven anything besides he's a funny guy at a press conference?? I'd rather have a guy tht has the respect of our players, knows the FO politics, and has some competency with the press. I love Harbs, his grit and competitive fire...BUT...he gone. I think any real DC would be drooling to get their hands on our D (fully healthy) and that we will for sure need a legit OC, and QB coach, and fill in the blanks for WR Coach, and SP teams coach (I dunno Ray Charles could have do w better?). Let's wait to see how the staff rounds out before you armchair GM's start chucking fucking Tea into the river.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it Marc Trestman is on the radar for the OC job! This would make things WAAAAY BETTER for Tomsula, IMO!

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
and somewhere in Michigan....Harbaugh smiles and laughs at this move