• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula New HC

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see who the OC will be. I'm not excited about the hire, but I'm not going to say it's a mistake. The one good thing is that the players know him so there is continuity. Let's hope for a good hire on the OC and a great offseason and draft.:suds:

Jimmy Raye

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U know why I don't like this move its because its not a good time to test this out with a unproven coach. We have the talent to win now and feel we could of found someone that already went through this or at least led a Offense or Defense. This is a risky move because our chances of winning now is small.

I would of went all in with a top Name. its not like this is a rebuilding team like Baalke said. This is a very risky move.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pozz was one on the best posters to have ever been on the 9ers SportsHoopla board. I just had a thought here that maybe Tomsula was the pick all along (no interview) and that maybe Gase was being tapped to be the OC. Thoughts?

Something has to give. I mean, these guys need jobs. Fangio is the odd man out. Gase could go to an OC job again, but why? If Denver is offering, I could see him press. Fangio could press. But who would hire him? Here was his shot. I don't know. Would Shanahan take an OC job after being interviewed for the HC job? I'd say no, but something's gotta give. Maybe we promote Geep Chryst? Bad news again? Or would that be ok? Ugh. Isn't this day, great?

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio is still under contract and I would block any move to a team in the NFC West

I don't think Jed will play that game. He has too much "class". If Fangio wants to leave, I think Jed will understand.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What next Tom Rathman the next OC.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Jed will play that game. He has too much "class". If Fangio wants to leave, I think Jed will understand.

Don't let him go, trade him. Get something back.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I moved away from SportsHoopla some time ago. The Rams board became an anti-Bradford, anti-Rams, hate fest and the Cowboys board became a dumpster with fans looking to post abuse about each other rather than talk about the Cowboys. I didn't really want to get into it with 49ers or Seahawks fans. Homerism isn't for me so spending much time on these boards wasn't likely to end well.

Sorry 49ers fans don't like the new HC. He's a great guy that everybody runs through brick walls for. With him people don't want to go home and can't wait to come back tomorrow. He'll let the 2 coordinators do their jobs and he'll get the best out of everyone. I think it's a great hire. Obviously I could end up being wrong but i'd take someone with his management skill set over an Xs and Os guy or a talent evaluator. Maybe fans have forgotten the performance he got from the team in his 1 game in charge.
Thanks for the info and don't be a stranger here. You are welcomed on the 9ers board. :suds:. I can't say I'm happy about this move but a HC is just the start of a coaching staff.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something has to give. I mean, these guys need jobs. Fangio is the odd man out. Gase could go to an OC job again, but why? If Denver is offering, I could see him press. Fangio could press. But who would hire him? Here was his shot. I don't know. Would Shanahan take an OC job after being interviewed for the HC job? I'd say no, but something's gotta give. Maybe we promote Geep Chryst? Bad news again? Or would that be ok? Ugh. Isn't this day, great?
My thought on that is that Gase my be seeing a better chance than being at Denver with Peyton to see a long term OC job that might lead to the SB.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides hiring Dan Quinn, Darrell Bevell, Mike & Kyle Shanahan or promoting Fangio I would say this is a good move. Im not sure why the reason but there must be a reason why Fangio isnt the HC.

Isn't "incompetence on the part of the people who made the hire," a reason? This hire will be looked at as disastrous two years from now when this same GM and owner fire Tomsula for going 4-12 and 3-13 and watching Kaepernick not develop at all.

Seriously, I don't know how anybody can spin this as anything other than an epic failure. Tomsula was such a good candidate three years ago that this SAME GROUP hired the guy they just fired instead of him. Regardless of what Tomsula does, this looks like a rudderless ship. The same kind of rudderless ship that: Fired Mooch after winning the NFCW and a playoff game; replaced him with Dennis Erickson; replaced him with Mike Nolan who somehow didn't know what an offense was; replaced him with Mike Singletary, who not only didn't know what an offense was, but curiously didn't know what a defense was either; got lucky in hiring a good coach.

In this league, you fire GM's who can't get along with their HC's when their HC's have you in AT LEAST the conference championship game every year. You don't fire the HC and replace him with a flaming bag of shit. Unless you're Jerry Jones. Having said that, I think I'd rather have Jerry Jones as an owner.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Wise the new OC. JK LOL

Lets see how we finish up here with the rest of the staff

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomsula is definitely not the way I would have gone either and I know guys are just venting, but it is what it is. There's a small glimmer it could be a great move or be a complete disaster and Jed becomes one of the most hated owners in football.

Let's see how the rest of the coaching staff shakes out before we get too depressed. We've heard Allen's name thrown out there, but we've been hearing about all these HC's and Gase and then boom Tomsula gets announced. My point being, until it gets announced let's not get up in arms about rumors of OC's and DC's.

I think we need to keep Leavitt at LB's (great job with Bowman, Wilhoite, Borland, etc) and try to get Donatell as our DC or at least stick with the secondary. Offensively we'll have to see how Tomsula envisions the offense, but his OC will tell us a lot.

Tomsula also needs to start calling our own FA's since a lot of them were taking a wait and see approach before deciding on what they were going to do. Cox, J.Smith, Culliver, and Iupati are the main guys.

I was shocked too at the hiring of Tomsula, but lets see what he can do with his staff and FA's.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio is under contract until next year, right? Couldnt the 6 hour meeting between the FO and Fangio be an attempt to keep him here in san fran as a DC? Maybe the plan is to keep the coaching staff in place and bring in a new OC, which might explain the why the FO seemed so interested in Gase and Mcdaniels. And if Fangio leaves, i think Donatell is the guy they have been grooming to take over there and why would he want to move on if the team is offering him a promotion and with this teams talent of defense. Remember this was the guy Fangio wanted to be his DC. So he has got Fangios vote of confidence.

At any rate, I was disappointed when I heard the news but im over it and I dont think this is not a "sky is falling" move. Tomsula seems like the type of coach not to medal with what his OC/DC is doing. He seems like the kind of guy that just lets his coaches coach and i think that is what lead this team to be so successful under Harbaugh. Harbaugh wasnt an X's and O's guy either. He was more a manager, I think then anything else and so i think this will be the case with Tomsula.

Anyway i am going to give Tomsula some time to prove himself before I jump overboard with criticism. And honestly i dont think this is the worst case scenario. There is a reason Tomsula is so respected in the organization, with the players and coaches and around the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 9ers fired Raye 3 games into the 2010 season. Roman sucks, but that wasn't a good example.

Warty!! Why don't you stick around this season...a lot of the OG crew from the ESPN days split...kinda boring these days. :suds: bud, raise that CL Schmoove into the air.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Isn't "incompetence on the part of the people who made the hire," a reason? This hire will be looked at as disastrous two years from now when this same GM and owner fire Tomsula for going 4-12 and 3-13 and watching Kaepernick not develop at all.

Seriously, I don't know how anybody can spin this as anything other than an epic failure. Tomsula was such a good candidate three years ago that this SAME GROUP hired the guy they just fired instead of him. Regardless of what Tomsula does, this looks like a rudderless ship. The same kind of rudderless ship that: Fired Mooch after winning the NFCW and a playoff game; replaced him with Dennis Erickson; replaced him with Mike Nolan who somehow didn't know what an offense was; replaced him with Mike Singletary, who not only didn't know what an offense was, but curiously didn't know what a defense was either; got lucky in hiring a good coach.

In this league, you fire GM's who can't get along with their HC's when their HC's have you in AT LEAST the conference championship game every year. You don't fire the HC and replace him with a flaming bag of shit. Unless you're Jerry Jones. Having said that, I think I'd rather have Jerry Jones as an owner.

apparently, Harbaugh stuck to his guns with Roman, so do you want to continue with Harbaugh AND Roman?

If Harbaugh said both of us or nothing, what would you choose?

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently, Harbaugh stuck to his guns with Roman, so do you want to continue with Harbaugh AND Roman?

If Harbaugh said both of us or nothing, what would you choose?

Is it not possible for two coaches with similar HC style to make different coaching personnel decisions?

Oh my bad, Deeper. For some reason I thought you quoted me the and asked me the question.

Carry on.

Last edited by a moderator: