• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula New HC

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES! Great guy, great coach, (but you already know this). I wish he was at the Rams. It's going to be strange for me to be wishing the Niners well.

Organiser, delegator, motivator supreme. Singletary 2.0 he is NOT! Just don't ask him to wear a suit.
Where have you been old friend? Haven't seen you in a while.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have much of a choice

It's easier to be a fan once you realize this. We don't have a choice in anything: coaches, players, ticket prices, wins or losses. We can only choose to stop going and watching. And let's be honest we're never doing that.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have much of a choice
True. The Venting (like The Purge movie) will last for 24 hours. After that it's time to see where the 9ers coaching staff stands and what players like J. Smith , F.Gore might think about staying.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easier to be a fan once you realize this. We don't have a choice in anything: coaches, players, ticket prices, wins or losses. We can only choose to stop going and watching. And let's be honest we're never doing that.
Fortyniner Faithful.....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart/Safe move would be Fangio HC and Tomsula DC. Both get promoted.

I feel, and this might be way off, that Jed had no idea who he was going to transition to, not just was he rebuffed, just had no idea. He might not have even been that sure that Harbaugh was gone (not as mutual as they said). It just seemed like they thought they were going to get the best running to us and we didn't and all along we offered petty promises (bad word but go with me here) that appeased folks here in case they got the big guy and could keep some people. But when the big guy didn't come, the others come back and say, umm are you going to eat that? It's like everyone thought it was theirs or nothing. When they didn't get it, they took their ball home.

I don't know the answer other than keeping Harbaugh. Get rid of Baalke if needed. Fire Roman if needed (as it seemed it was). They'd have all our backs.

Pozz said some interesting things about Fangio not being thought of as a fit for a HC job right now, some of it big picture and nature.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see who the new OC will be. I also heard that Allen might be the new DC. Fangio will be a hot commodity. He might just land in Arizona. Just get an OC who will be innovative and improve the offense.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's see who the new OC will be. I also heard that Allen might be the new DC. Fangio will be a hot commodity. He might just land in Arizona. Just get an OC who will be innovative and improve the offense.

I doubt that.. There was a report that former Steelers DC, Dick LeBeau, will be the new DC in Az

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a mistake. Singletary 2.0

Let's see who the OC will be. I'm not excited about the hire, but I'm not going to say it's a mistake. The one good thing is that the players know him so there is continuity. Let's hope for a good hire on the OC and a great offseason and draft.:suds:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. The Venting (like The Purge movie) will last for 24 hours. After that it's time to see where the 9ers coaching staff stands and what players like J. Smith , F.Gore might think about staying.

This might help bring J. Smith back for 1 more year. Trying to find some kind of positive out of this move.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that.. There was a report that former Steelers DC, Dick LeBeau, will be the new DC in Az

Thanks for the info. I still think that Fangio will end up somewhere. He's too good not to be hired by another team.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just for the record, I would rather wait and see if the Tomsula hiring is either good or bad... There are several first time HC's in the NFL... Sucess or failure is determined down the line not by the hiring itself.. I still don't understand the reasoning that because he never had a coordinator job in the NFL disqualifies him as a candidate... I am not comparing but Jim Harbaugh never had an NFL coordinator experience either nor did he have prior NFL HC experience.. I am not saying Tomsula will be as good, I am saying the reasoning that he was never a coordinator disqualifies him as a HC candidate...

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel, and this might be way off, that Jed had no idea who he was going to transition to, not just was he rebuffed, just had no idea. He might not have even been that sure that Harbaugh was gone (not as mutual as they said). It just seemed like they thought they were going to get the best running to us and we didn't and all along we offered petty promises (bad word but go with me here) that appeased folks here in case they got the big guy and could keep some people. But when the big guy didn't come, the others come back and say, umm are you going to eat that? It's like everyone thought it was theirs or nothing. When they didn't get it, they took their ball home.

I don't know the answer other than keeping Harbaugh. Get rid of Baalke if needed. Fire Roman if needed (as it seemed it was). They'd have all our backs.

Pozz said some interesting things about Fangio not being thought of as a fit for a HC job right now, some of it big picture and nature.
Pozz was one on the best posters to have ever been on the 9ers SportsHoopla board. I just had a thought here that maybe Tomsula was the pick all along (no interview) and that maybe Gase was being tapped to be the OC. Thoughts?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see who the OC will be. I'm not excited about the hire, but I'm not going to say it's a mistake. The one good thing is that the players know him so there is continuity. Let's hope for a good hire on the OC and a great offseason and draft.:suds:

Yes we need to wait and see whats next but from what Im hearing it might get worse. Looking at Allen from Oakland.

We need to find a good OC and DC to save this hire.

Baalke u now have no one that is going to step on your toes about picks. A lot of pressure on you now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fangio is still under contract and I would block any move to a team in the NFC West

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where have you been old friend? Haven't seen you in a while.
Thanks. I moved away from SportsHoopla some time ago. The Rams board became an anti-Bradford, anti-Rams, hate fest and the Cowboys board became a dumpster with fans looking to post abuse about each other rather than talk about the Cowboys. I didn't really want to get into it with 49ers or Seahawks fans. Homerism isn't for me so spending much time on these boards wasn't likely to end well.

Sorry 49ers fans don't like the new HC. He's a great guy that everybody runs through brick walls for. With him people don't want to go home and can't wait to come back tomorrow. He'll let the 2 coordinators do their jobs and he'll get the best out of everyone. I think it's a great hire. Obviously I could end up being wrong but i'd take someone with his management skill set over an Xs and Os guy or a talent evaluator. Maybe fans have forgotten the performance he got from the team in his 1 game in charge.