• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula New HC

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If this was true over a year ago..then who was the mole giving up info to the press? Also speaks volumes as to winning is what matters since our 8-8 season hadn't even started yet. Speak volumes as to us wanting to trade Harbs to Cleveland too. Looks like this organization isn't loyal to anyone so it begs the question as to why anyone should be loyal to them. Looks like reload is now rebuild...or how to destroy a successful team in 1 season without even trying...call Harbs hard to get along with?? Hard to get along with a bunch of backstabbing Biotches in mgmt. This ship is sinking fast and the 9ers have the fan base in uproar and the turmoil continues.:doh:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomsula must be the most bluecoller coach in NFL history. From everything I've gathered we'll be begging to Singletary to interview.

Never happen. Tomsula might be questionable, but he is still light years ahead of singletary

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Please don't get my hopes up. Other than Bill Walsh, he was my favorite 49er OC

Me too..intellectual approach to the game..always thinking...great role model..wanted him 4 yrs ago when Washington hired him... Shanny Sr.>> Harbs for HC or OC ...senior mentor or whatever...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ok with Shanahan as OC but thank god not for HC.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too..intellectual approach to the game..always thinking...great role model..wanted him 4 yrs ago when Washington hired him... Shanny Sr.>> Harbs for HC or OC ...senior mentor or whatever...

I agree. The offense Shanihan ran in 1994 was amazing

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wasn't blaming Kilgore but he wasn't making all the adjustment calls correctly due to his general playing time although overall he was doing a decent job on his own man as best as I could tell. Then all to early he got injured and Martin had more problems along the same lines and actually had more problems with the pace of the game which is totally justifiable given he is a rookie and got thrown in there coming off his own injury. I was just pointing out that the offensive line was out of sync and not all is well on that unit either. So the line had not gelled to any degree almost till the end of the year. But the last 2 games I thought they were finally gelling and much better so ther is hope next season if they stay healthy.

agree Martin didn't play 'very' well contrary to Dre.

but also wasn't knocking him going forward, just my opinion of last year. of course he was in a tough spot, and he did the best he could. but I read he didn't do very well last season, at least in the beginning when that article was written. When I watched the games, didn't think he played well GRANTED, it isn't easy to see every play on TV.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because it starts at QB......
I would agree but we are jumping the gun here. Shanahan is not with this team yet. If he does come in then I doubt that Kap will have a long shelf life with the WCO that Mike will run . Good times.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would agree but we are jumping the gun here. Shanahan is not with this team yet. If he does come in then I doubt that Kap will have a long shelf life with the WCO that Mike will run . Good times.

actually, it was in reference to Steve Young. the reason that 1994 offense was so good, is because it started with Steve Young.

So yes, Shanahan coming in now doesn't guarantee anything despite his success in 1994.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
At least in Tomsula I believe we will have a HC that the players will want to play for. Probably a good guy, player favorite type.

I think the D will be ok, because it's been well groomed the past 5 years or so. It would take a few years of really bad coaching and really bad drafting to screw up the D. The D can be on autopilot for a couple of more years and it would be fine.

But I'm really scared about the offense. Is Tomsula going to have a good strategy in crunch time against the mastermind coaches of the NFL or is he going to do something idiotic a la Singletary. I'm scared about the offense and strategizing on the offense. You have to be creative in today's NFL.

I hope we bring in a veteran offensive minded genius OC and write it up in his contract that he has full control of the offense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least in Tomsula I believe we will have a HC that the players will want to play for. Probably a good guy, player favorite type.

I think the D will be ok, because it's been well groomed the past 5 years or so. It would take a few years of really bad coaching and really bad drafting to screw up the D. The D can be on autopilot for a couple of more years and it would be fine.

But I'm really scared about the offense. Is Tomsula going to have a good strategy in crunch time against the mastermind coaches of the NFL or is he going to do something idiotic a la Singletary. I'm scared about the offense and strategizing on the offense. You have to be creative in today's NFL.

I hope we bring in a veteran offensive minded genius OC and write it up in his contract that he has full control of the offense.

D won't be good if we hire that joke of a DC from the Raiders.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Gotta say, you could just as easily say "a la Harbaugh/Roman," especially toward the end. If by "crunch time" you mean the second half of games, and if by "mastermind coaches" you mean Mel Tucker, Rod Marinelli, John Pagano, or heck, Jason Tarver.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What Tomsula has to do is hire a good OC and let him do his job. When Singletary fired Martz for Jimmy Raye, that was his demise