• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula New HC

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else does anyone want?? Some other coordinator with zero knowledge about the FO?? A retread HC (sexy rexy) who hasn't proven anything besides he's a funny guy at a press conference?? I'd rather have a guy tht has the respect of our players, knows the FO politics, and has some competency with the press. I love Harbs, his grit and competitive fire...BUT...he gone. I think any real DC would be drooling to get their hands on our D (fully healthy) and that we will for sure need a legit OC, and QB coach, and fill in the blanks for WR Coach, and SP teams coach (I dunno Ray Charles could have do w better?). Let's wait to see how the staff rounds out before you armchair GM's start chucking fucking Tea into the river.

This was a "worst decision possible" hire. ANY of the other candidates who interviewed would have been preferable. Disaster is imminent here. This reeks of the Donahue era.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As last resort I would of took Mike as HC, Kyle as OC and Fangio as DC. This would of been my last pick, but I didn't think tomsula would even be an option. So my last option or no option is tomsula but I am ready to back him and time to think positive.

I still think they should of hired Fangio as HC and Tomsula as DC and then pick up a good OC. This way both get promoted and both are happy and we don't lose our defense. This would of been the smart move. York took the cheap way.

I would have taken Goofy as HC, Mickey Mouse as OC and She-Ra as DC before this craptastic garbage we ended up with. Mike Shanahan as HC would be a slight step down from Harbaugh. Tomsula is a dumpster fire.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of negativity about this hiring and nothing is certain yet. The season has not even started... Heck, 2014 season is not yet over... I for one advocate a wait and see approach yet a lot has already spelled doom and gloom.. I am sure if the Niners fail, these same poeple will be crowing "I told you so" over and over again... But if the contrary happens, I bet only a few will have the guts to come out and say they were wrong...

I'll be the first to come and say I was wrong.

But the reality of the situation is that I won't have to. Anybody who thinks things look good on the horizon for the 9ers should have their heads examined.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extra Points: Tomsula was always the plan for Niners | The Sacramento Bee

It was well over a year ago when a source with intimate knowledge of the San Francisco 49ers organization told me that Jim Tomsula would be the team's next head coach, at least if it were up to Niners general manager Trent Baalke.

Then I hope they get screwed on the Rooney Rule. This team's management has been so laughably bad for so long that I'm surprised they have any long term fans left.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least in Tomsula I believe we will have a HC that the players will want to play for. Probably a good guy, player favorite type.

I think the D will be ok, because it's been well groomed the past 5 years or so. It would take a few years of really bad coaching and really bad drafting to screw up the D. The D can be on autopilot for a couple of more years and it would be fine.

But I'm really scared about the offense. Is Tomsula going to have a good strategy in crunch time against the mastermind coaches of the NFL or is he going to do something idiotic a la Singletary. I'm scared about the offense and strategizing on the offense. You have to be creative in today's NFL.

I hope we bring in a veteran offensive minded genius OC and write it up in his contract that he has full control of the offense.

Rex Ryan. Actually, Ryan would be a HUGE upgrade over Tomsula. And he STILL sucks.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would have taken Goofy as HC, Mickey Mouse as OC and She-Ra as DC before this craptastic garbage we ended up with. Mike Shanahan as HC would be a slight step down from Harbaugh. Tomsula is a dumpster fire.

Agreed ,but maybe a step up given his offensive prowess.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Funny how people who have been around these board for la LNG time all kinda come to the same conclusion...mgmt doesn't have a collective "village" clue. Just when you don't think it can get worse.. It does.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how people who have been around these board for la LNG time all kinda come to the same conclusion...mgmt doesn't have a collective "village" clue. Just when you don't think it can get worse.. It does.

I don't have a good feeling so far about how this is starting to shape up. I would have felt better if Shanihan was hired as OC. Now they want to hire Kiffin as OC? I just remember his Raider days, not good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lowest paid HC in the league

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lowest paid HC in the league

No he is not...

"... New 49ers head coach Jim Tomsula will earn approximately $3.5 million annually..."

"... His pay ranks ahead of only the original deals signed by Gus Bradley (Jacksonville) at $2.9 million a year, and Mike McCoy (San Diego) and Ron Rivera (Carolina), both at $3 million, according to a source. Rivera has since signed a contract extension..."

His pay is where you would expect a new NFL HC without prior NFL HC experience should be...

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Did you look at the numbers or just that he was placed 32nd on the list? based on the list you posted, Gus Bradley, Mike Petine, Joe Philbin, Jack del Rio, and Jim Tomsula all are making 3.5m. How does that make him the lowest paid HC? If his last name started with a letter "A", then he would have been placed ahead of Bradley...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes its still last. he is tied. its still last unless that site is wrong.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you look at the numbers or just that he was placed 32nd on the list? based on the list you posted, Gus Bradley, Mike Petine, Joe Philbin, Jack del Rio, and Jim Tomsula all are making 3.5m. How does that make him the lowest paid HC? If his last name started with a letter "A", then he would have been placed ahead of Bradley...

I must have missed this. Do they have a finalized deal here with Tomsula's contract?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2m2 minutes ago The #49ers requested permission to speak with #Colts special assistant Rob Chudzinski for OC, source said, like the #Rams did earlier

P.S. Hunch Rams get him. Why they requested earlier. Didn't sit on thier hands like Baalke did.

If you were up for a OC job what team would you pick? My answer would be the 9ers but who really knows.