• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula New HC

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying you're wrong here warty, but who are you trying to convince? A LARGE majority of Niner fans understand that this isn't the guy that should've been hired.

I agree I think about 90% of us on these boards have said this wasn't the right move unless they had a master plan to bring in certain OC and DC. Well that's not the case. We have 0 Plan. I was just looking up some Info do you know we are on option like 8 or 9 at DC and 6 and 7 at OC. We cant get anyone to come here. Its a Joke. No offense no top OC or DC wants their boss to be Tomsula. In their minds he doesn't deserve it or they think they should be HC. This is getting ugly.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I think about 90% of us on these boards have said this wasn't the right move unless they had a master plan to bring in certain OC and DC. Well that's not the case. We have 0 Plan. I was just looking up some Info do you know we are on option like 8 or 9 at DC and 6 and 7 at OC. We cant get anyone to come here. Its a Joke. No offense no top OC or DC wants their boss to be Tomsula. In their minds he doesn't deserve it or they think they should be HC. This is getting ugly.

I think we'll sign Shanahan, but this wait or desperation will cost York more money (Shanahan would get money anyway, but with no one else but Kiffin? Show him the money.) Or we'll get Chud once his contract expires. Then, the last resort would be Kiffin.

Before anyone says anything about being cheap, the Yorks paid their coaches pretty high amounts under Harbaugh and are not short for cash. They also have quite a bit of pressure to hire somebody the fan base can get behind or will win despite fan doubts (knowing better than we laymen, I suppose, or getting lucky).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we'll sign Shanahan, but this wait or desperation will cost York more money (Shanahan would get money anyway, but with no one else but Kiffin? Show him the money.) Or we'll get Chud once his contract expires. Then, the last resort would be Kiffin.

Before anyone says anything about being cheap, the Yorks paid their coaches pretty high amounts under Harbaugh and are not short for cash. They also have quite a bit of pressure to hire somebody the fan base can get behind or will win despite fan doubts (knowing better than we laymen, I suppose, or getting lucky).

The 49er organization ALREADY has pressure to win, no matter whom the Coordinators will be. They had pressure to win even if Harbaugh was still our HC.

They don't need Coordinators the fans will approve, because (majority of) fans will not approve anybody anyway. So yes they need Coordinators who "will win despite fan doubts", same for York, Baalke, and Tomsula.

Not worried they can't find good Coordinators, believe there are enough qualified candidates out there. Just that most don't have 'big names'. I'm ok with "up and coming" Coaches and in fact, prefer them over older ones like Mike Shanahan. Players nowadays have a MUCH different 'tude, so IMO "old school" coaching doesn't work as well.

Since i don't feel there is a shortage of candidates, the next most important thing is finding Coordinators who'll work well with Tomsula. It can't be perfect, but that's the emphasis.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really think 49ers are waiting on Chud. I really hope they have a silent commitment with him because if we lose out on him we are in trouble unless Shanahan becomes OC.

Yes they paid coaches well with the Harbaugh staff but I again I think that was just for the new stadium. We went from one of the highest to one of the lowest at paying our coaches. Big jump.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49er organization ALREADY has pressure to win, no matter whom the Coordinators will be. They had pressure to win even if Harbaugh was still our HC.

They don't need Coordinators the fans will approve, because (majority of) fans will not approve anybody anyway. So yes they need Coordinators who "will win despite fan doubts", same for York, Baalke, and Tomsula.

Not worried they can't find good Coordinators, believe there are enough qualified candidates out there. Just that most don't have 'big names'. I'm ok with "up and coming" Coaches and in fact, prefer them over older ones like Mike Shanahan. Players nowadays have a MUCH different 'tude, so IMO "old school" coaching doesn't work as well.

Since i don't feel there is a shortage of candidates, the next most important thing is finding Coordinators who'll work well with Tomsula. It can't be perfect, but that's the emphasis.

I guess I view Shanahan as someone the general fan base will approve. Some who know more might have reservations or be disappointed, but wouldn't we always be weary with anyone else, too?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I view Shanahan as someone the general fan base will approve. Some who know more might have reservations or be disappointed, but wouldn't we always be weary with anyone else, too?

I can live with Shanahan as OC not Head Coach. I do think he is a little past his time and hasn't done much in a long time so that is why im not thrilled if we land him.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fewell seems like a good hire

I like the Fewell and the Sparono hires. Mangini, im ok with it. His hire has potential to to be really good or a disaster. The thing that scares me is how much of his DC success was due to BB? Trying to remember but it seemed that when he was HC of the browns and Jets his defenses were not the problems there. I guess we will find out.

Its finally starting to take shape and so far, I think we got some good coaches here. I think the wait for OC is because they are targeting Chud. Which is the guy I really want. If they can land him I would be very happy with the staff. Not as happy if Fangio were HC or stuck around as the DC, mind you, but still confident going into next season with this group of coaches. It all Hinges on who they get as OC now.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Fewell and the Sparono hires. Mangini, im ok with it. His hire has potential to to be really good or a disaster. The thing that scares me is how much of his DC success was due to BB? Trying to remember but it seemed that when he was HC of the browns and Jets his defenses were not the problems there. I guess we will find out.

Its finally starting to take shape and so far, I think we got some good coaches here. I think the wait for OC is because they are targeting Chud. Which is the guy I really want. If they can land him I would be very happy with the staff. Not as happy if Fangio were HC or stuck around as the DC, mind you, but still confident going into next season with this group of coaches. It all Hinges on who they get as OC now.

To each their own. I don't see it. What I see is a group of coaches who aren't good enough to be hired anywhere else, and a second group of coaches that everybody covets who've stopped giving us the time of day.

As for Chudzinski, the Colts (according to ESPN) are blocking teams from interviewing him. Even if that weren't the case, with the way good coaches are running away screaming from this dumpster fire, I wouldn't get your hopes up that they land a "name" guy.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each their own. I don't see it. What I see is a group of coaches who aren't good enough to be hired anywhere else, and a second group of coaches that everybody covets who've stopped giving us the time of day.

As for Chudzinski, the Colts (according to ESPN) are blocking teams from interviewing him. Even if that weren't the case, with the way good coaches are running away screaming from this dumpster fire, I wouldn't get your hopes up that they land a "name" guy.

We'll have to wait and see. If we end up with Kiffin at OC then I could start to buy into nobody wanting the job. Im waiting for this to play out a little further.

I just dont see this picture being as bleak as you are painting it. Fewell, Sparono, Tarver, Rathman would all be with other teams if not here. Its not like they are all coaching rejects, but all respected coaches around the league.

As for Chudzinski, indeed. When his contract expires next week I fully expect the FO to go after him hard. Wouldnt be surprised if his salary comes super close to Tomsula's. Paying him just under Tomsula. That is what I expect to be hearing when Chud becomes available. Sure hope Im right.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to wait and see. If we end up with Kiffin at OC then I could start to buy into nobody wanting the job. Im waiting for this to play out a little further.

I just dont see this picture being as bleak as you are painting it. Fewell, Sparono, Tarver, Rathman would all be with other teams if not here. Its not like they are all coaching rejects, but all respected coaches around the league.

As for Chudzinski, indeed. When his contract expires next week I fully expect the FO to go after him hard. Wouldnt be surprised if his salary comes super close to Tomsula's. Paying him just under Tomsula. That is what I expect to be hearing when Chud becomes available. Sure hope Im right.

Overall the staff is not bad. I will make finally judgement on this staff after we hire a OC. right now I have them at a C. It would be a B if we didn't hire Tomsula. Overall the rest of the staff isn't bad.

I do think 49ers are waiting on Chud. I think overall this would be a nice pick up for the 49ers. This would mean the 49ers will have like 4 HC's on their staff.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was against the Tomsula hire. He was the last person of the group I wanted. We will have to see how these coaches work out. I hated seeing the defensive coaches go but I can't say that losing Roman and Morton was a bad thing and Chud could end up being better than what was here. Chud's contract is up in a week and then he is free to go.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was against the Tomsula hire. He was the last person of the group I wanted. We will have to see how these coaches work out. I hated seeing the defensive coaches go but I can't say that losing Roman and Morton was a bad thing and Chud could end up being better than what was here. Chud's contract is up in a week and then he is free to go.

yes, give these guys a chance, THEN critique them. Good coaches now, were no names before they got their chanceS. Very few do WELL right off the bat.

inevitably, there will be a transition for players into new schemes so it won't go perfect from the get go. But we'll see over the course of a season?

EVERYONE knows there isn't a HC as good as Harbaugh, so we shouldn't be expecting Harbaugh. What we should expect is a FO and Coaching Staff working together. IF something starts to surface about 'in-fighting', that would be very BAD.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes its time to get behind them and hope for the best. Lets hope this last big puzzle is a good one at OC.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Tomsula does well but getting him instead of keeping a coach who won 70 % of his games with Harbaugh is not my idea of upgrading. We lost Fangio too who the defense loves. At first look this deal gets a D score in my book. Tomsula has a lot on his plate going forward and we all know who is going to catch hell if this does not work. Tomsula will be the scape goat while Jed and Trent go take a cruise together out of the country on one of those big Titanic ships trying to dodge ice bergs sent by local media and 49ers fans.

Wow not too happy so far. Lets get to work thoough and find a way to get it done.

Go 49ers !!

:suds::clap:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope Tomsula does well but getting him instead of keeping a coach who won 70 % of his games with Harbaugh is not my idea of upgrading. We lost Fangio too who the defense loves. At first look this deal gets a D score in my book. Tomsula has a lot on his plate going forward and we all know who is going to catch hell if this does not work. Tomsula will be the scape goat while Jed and Trent go take a cruise together out of the country on one of those big Titanic ships trying to dodge ice bergs sent by local media and 49ers fans.

Wow not too happy so far. Lets get to work thoough and find a way to get it done.

Go 49ers !!

:suds::clap:

disagree, York and Baalke will always catch hell no matter what. cause odds are we won't win the SB every year.

even if we did, SOMEONE will find something to rant about. :-)

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, give these guys a chance, THEN critique them. Good coaches now, were no names before they got their chanceS. Very few do WELL right off the bat.

inevitably, there will be a transition for players into new schemes so it won't go perfect from the get go. But we'll see over the course of a season?

EVERYONE knows there isn't a HC as good as Harbaugh, so we shouldn't be expecting Harbaugh. What we should expect is a FO and Coaching Staff working together. IF something starts to surface about 'in-fighting', that would be very BAD.

IMO, this might be the most spot on post Ive seen yet! :suds:

:10:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree, York and Baalke will always catch hell no matter what. cause odds are we won't win the SB every year.

even if we did, SOMEONE will find something to rant about. :-)

If the team makes the playoffs next year, they probably won't catch too much heat, but if the team tanks next year, both Baalke and Jed will be public enemy no. 1

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point. We can rag all offseason about the same thing over and over again. It won't change anything and it gets old after awhile

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've observed that many posters who are pessimistic about Kaep are on the optimistic side about Tomsula, while many who are optimistic about Kaep are on the pessimistic side about Tomsula. I'm not sure what this all means, but I just wanted to point it out to see if anyone else noticed this as well.