• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula New HC

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've observed that many posters who are pessimistic about Kaep are on the optimistic side about Tomsula, while many who are optimistic about Kaep are on the pessimistic side about Tomsula. I'm not sure what this all means, but I just wanted to point it out to see if anyone else noticed this as well.

not quite sure about this, depends on what we're pessimistic or optimistic about specifically?

I'm pessimistic about Kaep becoming a "tier 1" NFL QB, but do feel he's better than average right now. obviously, he had a tough 2014 of which not all was his fault (pass protect and dropped passes). But he can improve a little by being more consistent, but he won't step up to the next tier of passing QB's. Anyway, for this part fans are definitely more pessimistic.

I'm giving Tomsula a chance before ranting on his hire, but not 'stating' optimistically he'll succeed. For this part don't recall anyone being more optimistic than this?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pessimistic about both Kaep and Tomsula.

I think we're heading straight toward another Tim Rattay/Dennis Erickson/Mike Singletary/JT O'Sullivan level of ineptitude.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great read. Not surprising. From everything that has been said about Tomsula, he seems like a great guy and players love playing for him. He also appears to be a really good teacher. He has all the skills necessary to be a really good position coach. The question is whether he has the skills to be a good head coach at the NFL level. We will find out this year

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess we won't go after Gordon. LOL

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, give these guys a chance, THEN critique them. Good coaches now, were no names before they got their chanceS. Very few do WELL right off the bat.

inevitably, there will be a transition for players into new schemes so it won't go perfect from the get go. But we'll see over the course of a season?

EVERYONE knows there isn't a HC as good as Harbaugh, so we shouldn't be expecting Harbaugh. What we should expect is a FO and Coaching Staff working together. IF something starts to surface about 'in-fighting', that would be very BAD.

Obviously not everyone, because York chose to oust Harbaugh instead of doing what he should have done and fire his jackass GM.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've observed that many posters who are pessimistic about Kaep are on the optimistic side about Tomsula, while many who are optimistic about Kaep are on the pessimistic side about Tomsula. I'm not sure what this all means, but I just wanted to point it out to see if anyone else noticed this as well.

For the record, I'm in the camp of this team has neither a QB nor a HC.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This exactly.

I get your pessimism....but at the same time, he has proven to be a great coach in what he did with the DL. We owe him an opportunity to see what he can do with this team. The Niners have brought in Mangini and Sparano already to his staff, two former HC in key roles to surround him with some experience. If we can land Chud at OC, I will feel pretty decent about our team going into the season. But before we decide he's a dud, let him prove himself, one way or another, with how he handles this team going forward.

Obviously there was stuff happening behind closed doors that we don't know about with regards to Harbaugh and management that ultimately led to them letting him go. Was Harbaugh THAT toxic that the Niners would simply let him go? Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows. The reality is that he is no longer with the organization and when Tomsula was announced as HC, players and coaches alike from around the league sung his praises so I have to believe that he's not some schmuck who lucked into the job. John Harbaugh became a HC after being a ST coordinator and he didn't have any HC experience.

Give the guy a chance and let's see where this team lands by the end of the season.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pessimistic about both Kaep and Tomsula.

I think we're heading straight toward another Tim Rattay/Dennis Erickson/Mike Singletary/JT O'Sullivan level of ineptitude.

I never, ever thought I'd be this tired. I have no interest in the 49ers and I don't see that changing anytime soon because we're not going to be competitive for a very long time. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never, ever thought I'd be this tired. I have no interest in the 49ers and I don't see that changing anytime soon because we're not going to be competitive for a very long time. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

You realize the talent and depth that this team has, right? Not going to be competitive? Sheesh, the sky is falling in your world, huh? :lame:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Obviously not everyone, because York chose to oust Harbaugh instead of doing what he should have done and fire his jackass GM.

you're placing Harbaugh in a vacuum and is why you're having a hard time with his firing. You view it as though everything was rosy and out of the blue, York fires Harbaugh.......for no reason. IMO this past 8-8 season was more indicative of where we were headed, had Harbaugh remained.

I have no doubt York and Baalke themselves knew how good a coach Harbaugh is. They knew it more so than anybody on this board. I have no doubt the reasons for the firing were serious and they just can't make it public. I believe it was so serious this team would've continued sliding even if Harbaugh remained because it was no longer "one big happy family". As good a coach as Harbaugh is, he can't overcome a fractured organization.

lastly, one big factor may have been his insistence on retaining Roman? Harbaugh NEVER had a good offense, and it would've likely continued as such. Sooner or later you can't win enough games kicking field goals. You're also not considering that Harbaugh himself wanted out.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The positive about going into this coming year will be Health, running game, good D and a QB that has proved himself. Plus lets hope Oline gets back to normal. Im not too worried about the Talent on this team. We can draft well and pick up some key FA we should be ok. Tomsula already said he will Kap do his thing where Harbaugh held him back.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The positive about going into this coming year will be Health, running game, good D and a QB that has proved himself. Plus lets hope Oline gets back to normal. Im not too worried about the Talent on this team. We can draft well and pick up some key FA we should be ok. Tomsula already said he will Kap do his thing where Harbaugh held him back.

I didn't hear that. I heard him say he would let the OC handle the offense. That arguably could be letting Kaep use his legs and not force him to be a pocket passer, but it wouldn't be Tomsula letting him do so. He also said he wanted to use his running personnel, implyingly, better and more.

As far as him proving himself already, no one beyond Gore, Willis, Bowman, and Cowboy would I really not worry about how they are used, improve, or play consistently. Kaepernick is not proven more than any other player not in those 4. The whole team went to the SB once and lost in the NFCC twice. (Don't count an NFC more than once.) It's not the QB that got us there per se and until Kaepernick plays without Harbaugh we can't pin it on Harbaugh. It could have been Kaepernick, Roman, or Harbaugh.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Agree the O-line has enough pieces in place, they don't need an 'overhaul' to become a good Unit. We only struggle a little against Seattle. :-)

Also agree overall, this team still has enough talent for 2015. As everyone knows, the most difference will depend on Kaep's performance.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This won't happen,but I'm all for picking him up for a 7 th.....buy low ...and hold till he either matures or doesn't. For a 7th its worth just that a 7th.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This won't happen,but I'm all for picking him up for a 7 th.....buy low ...and hold till he either matures or doesn't. For a 7th its worth just that a 7th.

I just don't think the team wants to risk goint through another year of suspension/legal trouble and this guy is a big risk at this point.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think the team wants to risk goint through another year of suspension/legal trouble and this guy is a big risk at this point.

Gordon is the new Ricky Williams. He likes to smoke pot and drink.