• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula New HC

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
harbaugh also mention that it was 49ers he wanted to stay and when york baalke told they dont want him he told himself it was mich all the way. wanted to leave NFL for awhile. only way he was going to stay in the NFL was with the 49ers. He also never wanted to go to cleveland. thats when he knew his time might up after hearing that trade rumor.

just wow york and baalke. way to screw up big time. If tomsula back fires it will look really bad.

Well, that remains to be seen. If the team does take a step back, or even if they don't bounce back into playoff competition, then we can say they screwed up. At this point, who knows? Maybe the team goes 13-3 and they win the SB this year. I certainly wouldn't take that bet, but it's possible at this point.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This kind of stood out:

-HARBAUGH: Well, I am never going to forget the players, the loyal coaches and the memories that I have of being a part of the San Francisco 49er team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that remains to be seen. If the team does take a step back, or even if they don't bounce back into playoff competition, then we can say they screwed up. At this point, who knows? Maybe the team goes 13-3 and they win the SB this year. I certainly wouldn't take that bet, but it's possible at this point.

yeah u are right have to wait and see. its going to be tough to do what harbaugh did. odds are not great

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kind of stood out:

-HARBAUGH: Well, I am never going to forget the players, the loyal coaches and the memories that I have of being a part of the San Francisco 49er team.

yeah it was good stuff i thought. u can actually see that he didnt want to leave. he was building something

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q: There’s been so much comment from Jed York that it was a mutual separation between you and the team, that you mutually agreed you wouldn’t be the coach. Is that true? Or were you told that you wouldn’t be the coach any more?
-HARBAUGH: Yes, I was told I wouldn’t be the coach any more.
And then… you can call it ‘mutual,’ I mean, I wasn’t going to put the 49ers in the position to have a coach that they didn’t want any more.
But that’s the truth of it. I didn’t leave the 49ers. I felt like the 49er hierarchy left me.

Got it! :L

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised Harbaugh was that forthcoming. It makes Jed look that much worse. If things go south this year, York will be public enemy #1

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow!

ok, assuming Harbaugh's side of the story is closer to the truth, I've been too strong on the side of "hierchy". Never felt it was 50/50 mutual, but did feel it wasn't far off.

Still have to believe Harbaugh played a role himself, just now seeing it is much more FO than Harbaugh. Now if we can one day hear York's side of the story?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kind of stood out:

Ha ha! You've got to think that it was no accident that he said "loyal coaches" instead of simply saying "coaches".

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh's comments today make York out to be a liar. Wonder if York is going to respond.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still baffled to why the Niners higher up felt it was a good idea to dump Harbaugh... The guy is a dam good coach... He gave you guy's more success in a short time than you had in 20 years... WTF ? Just doesn't add up...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still baffled to why the Niners higher up felt it was a good idea to dump Harbaugh... The guy is a dam good coach... He gave you guy's more success in a short time than you had in 20 years... WTF ? Just doesn't add up...

Only York and Balke can expain it

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, the Yorks are shitty people to work for. I remember the website dedicated to getting rid of Dr. York, www.dumpyork.com . I remember the rumors back then. Whether you're a player, coach, or file clerk; if you find another opportunity, you leave.

Sorry got a little off topic.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happened to Eddie D trying to get his team back? Can we go back to that? I mean if ownership doesn't want to win it's damn near impossible to do so in professional sports.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just waiting for York to respond to this by saying that both he and Harbaugh decided that the Arizona game would be the last game he would coach. In a way, that would be truthful because after telling Harbaugh that he was fired, Harbaugh decided to coach the last two games instead of leaving there and then. In York's mind, that would be an honest answer.

Either that, or he will somehow think that Harbaugh should've been okay serving a different role in the organization. And therefore him wanting to coach (which required him to leave) was a mutual decision. He may also point to the fact that Harbaugh did not fight for his contract money after he was fired.

Last edited by a moderator:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just waiting for York to respond to this by saying that both he and Harbaugh decided that the Arizona game would be the last game he would coach. In a way, that would be truthful because after telling Harbaugh that he was fired, Harbaugh decided to coach the last two games instead of leaving there and then. In York's mind, that would be an honest answer.

Either that, or he will somehow think that Harbaugh should've been okay serving a different role in the organization. And therefore him wanting to coach (which required him to leave) was a mutual decision. He may also point to the fact that Harbaugh did not fight for his contract money after he was fired.
IMO York's response doesn't matter. I would tend to believe that it happened just the way Harbs said it did. They wanted him out, Baalke and Jed,and they made it happen.