• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula New HC

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're placing Harbaugh in a vacuum and is why you're having a hard time with his firing. You view it as though everything was rosy and out of the blue, York fires Harbaugh.......for no reason. IMO this past 8-8 season was more indicative of where we were headed, had Harbaugh remained.

I have no doubt York and Baalke themselves knew how good a coach Harbaugh is. They knew it more so than anybody on this board. I have no doubt the reasons for the firing were serious and they just can't make it public. I believe it was so serious this team would've continued sliding even if Harbaugh remained because it was no longer "one big happy family". As good a coach as Harbaugh is, he can't overcome a fractured organization.

lastly, one big factor may have been his insistence on retaining Roman? Harbaugh NEVER had a good offense, and it would've likely continued as such. Sooner or later you can't win enough games kicking field goals. You're also not considering that Harbaugh himself wanted out.

You thought that offense was bad (and it was)? Wait till you see what gets trotted out next year. The Eagles receivers coach just turned down our OC spot. Nobody reputable and with options wants to work for this coach or his boss. That, to me, is more telling than anything else with regard to why Harbaugh was kicked to the curb.

You don't fire a coach who wins to spare a GM's ego, especially when your backup plan is centered around "Tomsula could win more games than Harbaugh, in our uneducated opinions." Plain and simple. We're headed back to the NFC cellar (not NFCW, NFC).

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're placing Harbaugh in a vacuum and is why you're having a hard time with his firing. You view it as though everything was rosy and out of the blue, York fires Harbaugh.......for no reason. IMO this past 8-8 season was more indicative of where we were headed, had Harbaugh remained.

I have no doubt York and Baalke themselves knew how good a coach Harbaugh is. They knew it more so than anybody on this board. I have no doubt the reasons for the firing were serious and they just can't make it public. I believe it was so serious this team would've continued sliding even if Harbaugh remained because it was no longer "one big happy family". As good a coach as Harbaugh is, he can't overcome a fractured organization.

lastly, one big factor may have been his insistence on retaining Roman? Harbaugh NEVER had a good offense, and it would've likely continued as such. Sooner or later you can't win enough games kicking field goals. You're also not considering that Harbaugh himself wanted out.

For the record, I don't view it as York fired Harbaugh for no reason. I feel the reason York fired Harbaugh is laughably stupid, and completely unjustifiable.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The positive about going into this coming year will be Health, running game, good D and a QB that has proved himself. Plus lets hope Oline gets back to normal. Im not too worried about the Talent on this team. We can draft well and pick up some key FA we should be ok. Tomsula already said he will Kap do his thing where Harbaugh held him back.

Did we get somebody in free agency? Because Kaep is one of the biggest problems on this team. He shouldn't be viewed as a proven commodity by any stretch of the imagination.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 9m9 minutes ago

NFL source: 49ers almost offered him the HC job but also told Gase they wanted Jim Tomsula as his DC. Gase wasn't sure about that. No offer.

Seems like the plan was to move on from Fangio regardless. Any new coach would have had Tomsula as DC.

Was every move made with Tomsula in mind?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For the record, I don't view it as York fired Harbaugh for no reason. I feel the reason York fired Harbaugh is laughably stupid, and completely unjustifiable.

So you don't think for a minute Harbaugh himself didn't consider leaving (talking to Cleveland)? Harbaugh was just doing his coaching thing, not bothering anyone, minding his own business......then out of the blue BAM.....York fires him?

Harbaugh played a role in this himself, maybe not a large role, but he played into it too.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 9m9 minutes ago

NFL source: 49ers almost offered him the HC job but also told Gase they wanted Jim Tomsula as his DC. Gase wasn't sure about that. No offer.

Seems like the plan was to move on from Fangio regardless. Any new coach would have had Tomsula as DC.

Was every move made with Tomsula in mind?

It seems to be pointing that way. The FO has the "yes" guy they needed and just filled in the staff around him IMO. I don't hate Tomulsa by any version of the term but I question how these players will rally around all of these new coaches.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It seems to be pointing that way. The FO has the "yes" guy they needed and just filled in the staff around him IMO. I don't hate Tomulsa by any version of the term but I question how these players will rally around all of these new coaches.

but this question would apply no matter who the new coaches?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True, but we have a core of players that have been with this team for a while now. How will they react to this re-tooling BS?

sorry, not getting you?

whether the players were here longer or shorter, whether core or fringe, they would still have to 'react' to new coaches? Whether it started with Tomsula on down, or Shanahan on down, still "re-tooling"?

Are you saying the difference is Tomsula and Coordinators were existing coaches, now with different roles?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think for a minute Harbaugh himself didn't consider leaving (talking to Cleveland)? Harbaugh was just doing his coaching thing, not bothering anyone, minding his own business......then out of the blue BAM.....York fires him?

Harbaugh played a role in this himself, maybe not a large role, but he played into it too.

Deep. I'm going to agree to disagree with you on this. Teams that win in this league have two things. Good HC's and good QB's. Teams that focus on the egos of their GM's lose. Harbaugh was a coach that won DESPITE having mediocre to terrible QB play. If I'm an owner with this scenario, I fire the dipshit who can't get along with the coach who wins.

But that's just me. I like when my team wins. I don't root for the harmony of the front office that is driven by an egomaniacal jackass GM. I don't care if the front office is harmonious under a dictator who hasn't demonstrated an ability to draft offense. I care if the team wins on Sunday (Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday; fuck you NFL).

And can we please stop pretending that Harbaugh was looking for other offers? This front office has been driving the rumor mill about getting rid of him for two straight seasons. Who on earth would want to continue working for such a diseased whore?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll answer. They won't. The split second this ship turns South, it's going to sink. That could well be the opening kickoff of the season with the ragtag bunch of nobody-castoffs this jerkoff GM hired as assistant coaches.

I'm actually looking forward to Baalke's future pressers. I don't believe he has the balls to attend them, given the status of his over developed, and massively under deserved ego, but I'm hopeful (foolishly, because it won't happen) York insists on him standing in front of the firing squad when this team fails miserably next year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll answer. They won't. The split second this ship turns South, it's going to sink. That could well be the opening kickoff of the season with the ragtag bunch of nobody-castoffs this jerkoff GM hired as assistant coaches.

I'm actually looking forward to Baalke's future pressers. I don't believe he has the balls to attend them, given the status of his over developed, and massively under deserved ego, but I'm hopeful (foolishly, because it won't happen) York insists on him standing in front of the firing squad when this team fails miserably next year.

This is true but its also true for any new HC, for any NFL team.

If you're saying it'll happen faster in Tomsula's case, no argument here, cause we just won't know till it happens? I would expect the beginning few games will have some 'transition issues', especially since both sides have new coordinators? So if we can avoid a two game losing streak, think we'll be fine.

BTW - Not claiming we'll be a SB contender, but 'fine' means competing for the West and at least a play-off spot.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Deep. I'm going to agree to disagree with you on this. Teams that win in this league have two things. Good HC's and good QB's. Teams that focus on the egos of their GM's lose. Harbaugh was a coach that won DESPITE having mediocre to terrible QB play. If I'm an owner with this scenario, I fire the dipshit who can't get along with the coach who wins.

But that's just me. I like when my team wins. I don't root for the harmony of the front office that is driven by an egomaniacal jackass GM. I don't care if the front office is harmonious under a dictator who hasn't demonstrated an ability to draft offense. I care if the team wins on Sunday (Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday; fuck you NFL).

And can we please stop pretending that Harbaugh was looking for other offers? This front office has been driving the rumor mill about getting rid of him for two straight seasons. Who on earth would want to continue working for such a diseased whore?

So now the FO drove Harbaugh to search for another job, ie Cleveland??!! You're saying the FO is 100% totally to blame, Harbaugh was just minding his own business and WHAM! the FO starts a vendetta against him??!!

just wow!

However and whenever the bad vibes started, it had to be both sides. There is no way the FO would just want Harbaugh out "out of the blue". It may not have been 50/50, but no way Harbaugh was totally innocent. Anyway, at this point you are totally committed to this view, so i'll leave it be.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I completely agree, except that I've been reading things lately indicating that Baalke and Harbaugh were actually ok (in the sense that while they had conflicts it wasn't a deal breaker for either one, they were both alpha dogs and were ok with the strife), it was York who was tired of Harbaugh and that makes it worse.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree, except that I've been reading things lately indicating that Baalke and Harbaugh were actually ok (in the sense that while they had conflicts it wasn't a deal breaker for either one, they were both alpha dogs and were ok with the strife), it was York who was tired of Harbaugh and that makes it worse.

Well, it was reported that Harbaugh remarked to Peyton that he (Harbaugh) had a stronger arm than Manning when they met. Maybe Harbaugh suggested that York only had the team because of his father or something similar. Then, York held onto that in his vendetta against him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
truth comes out, harbaugh did not want to leave. york told him after week 15 he was gone. i knew they wanted to go cheap. harbaugh said 49ers were his #1 team and wanted to stay. york lies again. also woulrd has it all interviews were a joke. all along they were going to hire tomsula.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
harbaugh also mention that it was 49ers he wanted to stay and when york baalke told they dont want him he told himself it was mich all the way. wanted to leave NFL for awhile. only way he was going to stay in the NFL was with the 49ers. He also never wanted to go to cleveland. thats when he knew his time might up after hearing that trade rumor.

just wow york and baalke. way to screw up big time. If tomsula back fires it will look really bad.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
truth comes out, harbaugh did not want to leave. york told him after week 15 he was gone. i knew they wanted to go cheap. harbaugh said 49ers were his #1 team and wanted to stay. york lies again. also woulrd has it all interviews were a joke. all along they were going to hire tomsula.

Do you have a link to this?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
harbaugh also mention that it was 49ers he wanted to stay and when york baalke told they dont want him he told himself it was mich all the way. wanted to leave NFL for awhile. only way he was going to stay in the NFL was with the 49ers. He also never wanted to go to cleveland. thats when he knew his time might up after hearing that trade rumor.

just wow york and baalke. way to screw up big time. If tomsula back fires it will look really bad.

Where are you getting this from?