• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula New HC

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! You've got to think that it was no accident that he said "loyal coaches" instead of simply saying "coaches".

True. Tomsula won't be on that list I imagine. I wonder how many of the 9ers staff wanted Harbs out.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO York's response doesn't matter. I would tend to believe that it happened just the way Harbs said it did. They wanted him out, Baalke and Jed,and they made it happen.

Of course. I believe Harbaugh, I'm just talking about York's twisting things. I mean, read what I typed, none of that would technically be false or contradictory. The point is I think that York would think that would be a satisfactory answer.

I actually think he will deflect it by saying that he's already covered it. Or no comment, haven't heard it (lie). Or say something that he doesn't want to talk about someone who's not here. He will act like he's taking the high road by not talking about it, that the past is past, probably will say that Harbaugh was a good coach.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. I believe Harbaugh, I'm just talking about York's twisting things. I mean, read what I typed, none of that would technically be false or contradictory. The point is I think that York would think that would be a satisfactory answer.

I actually think he will deflect it by saying that he's already covered it. Or no comment, haven't heard it (lie). Or say something that he doesn't want to talk about someone who's not here. He will act like he's taking the high road by not talking about it, that the past is past, probably will say that Harbaugh was a good coach.

True. I just know that York will deflect this issue back to Harbaugh and try to sell this as a HC that abandoned the team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happened to Eddie D trying to get his team back? Can we go back to that? I mean if ownership doesn't want to win it's damn near impossible to do so in professional sports.

Watch Eddie D , A Football Life. Eddie D says he has no interesr in running a team. He is content these days play with his grandchildren

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happened to Eddie D trying to get his team back? Can we go back to that? I mean if ownership doesn't want to win it's damn near impossible to do so in professional sports.

Eddie D had a chance to get the team back but he decided to keep running the family business and let his sister have the 49ers. I saw it on NFL Network and he said it was a hard to choice the family business over the 49ers but he said he needed to walk away from football.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This isn't really news. We've known for quite a while that the team wanted him out. That said, I'm a little surprised people are taking Harbaugh entirely at his word. The guy isn't exactly a paragon of truth and honesty.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't really news. We've known for quite a while that the team wanted him out. That said, I'm a little surprised people are taking Harbaugh entirely at his word. The guy isn't exactly a paragon of truth and honesty.

I believe him 100%. He has no reason to to lie. I mean he pretty much said he would be a 49er if Baalke and York didn't run him out. That means Mich was his #2 option.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He didn't exactly state he couldn't have stayed though. He said it was mutual from the standpoint that he wouldn't stay where he's not wanted. This implies he could have stayed. And stating the 49ers "left" him is very different from saying the 49ers dumped him. What I heard from the interview that he loved the team, but he wasn't going to stay with the 49ers front office.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't exactly state he couldn't have stayed though. He said it was mutual from the standpoint that he wouldn't stay where he's not wanted. This implies he could have stayed. And stating the 49ers "left" him is very different from saying the 49ers dumped him. What I heard from the interview that he loved the team, but he wasn't going to stay with the 49ers front office.

I guess you could see his words being contradictory or at least ambiguous in parts, but he did say he was told he wasn't going to coach them anymore and then said he wasn't going to coach where he wasn't wanted anymore. Anyone who has been fired outright, as in 100% a bosses decision, would also say they aren't going to work there anymore. I don't really see that as in being mutual; I mean, he mentioned the word mutual as if he were mocking it. Alex Smith wanted the team to win a SB, he could have said it was a mutual decision to start Kaepernick because it was for the "team," but we'd all know he wanted to start. Same thing here - after saying he was told he wasn't the coach any more, Harbaugh could say it was mutual, but we'd know it wasn't, and he went the step further to imply/say it wasn't.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I have to take someone's side, because it's boring (and only randomly closer to the truth) to just say the truth is in the middle. It's an equivocative view to me, because of course, it's somewhere in the middle. I would find that middle arbitrarily by just inserting my own baseless belief of how things were.

I believe that Harbaugh was told he was no longer going to be the coach. I suppose they could have given him the option of coaching out his contract, but that wasn't optimal for anyone. If given a terrible choice or an ok to good choice, I see that as a fire.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I used to listen to Harbaugh's morning show on KNBR, but that is about it. At least based on what I heard, I just saw Harbaugh as always being evasive and just flat out refuse to give out information. I never saw him as a dishonest person. Didn't think he would fabricate this. I was really surprised he even addressed those questions. I thought their would have been an agreement between the parties not to give out this kind of info.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I didn't come here to say, "I told you so," but I'm going to.

Why anybody supports this owner is beyond me. There won't be a reason to root for this team until the day the Yorks decide they want to sell it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why anybody supports this owner is beyond me. There won't be a reason to root for this team until the day the Yorks decide they want to sell it.

I actually wish they would sell the team because there is more than enough rich people in the Bay Area to sell it. Doubt they will for sometime though.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wish they would sell the team because there is more than enough rich people in the Bay Area to sell it. Doubt they will for sometime though.

They won't ever sell it. This fanbase will support whatever bullshit they trot out on Sundays. There isn't a need to sell it. Even when they suck (and we're about to witness another decade of that), this fanbase still makes it profitable for them to own the team.

Jed is a cluesless dipshit whose ulterior motives have NOTHING to do with winning football games. Anybody who says otherwise clearly isn't paying attention.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
front office lied again. i do not trust anything york says. Gase was their #1 guy and he turned them down because he wouldnt take tomsula as DC. what a joke.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im with u now. york is a bum. after the latest news i dont want to hear what he has to say anymore.