• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomlinson flops in debut

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his injuries have and will continue to limit him. I'm not sure the staff felt he had the position nailed down before he got hurt, but he was absolutely in a great spot to take it. I think RT is one of those spots the staff is trying to figure out for the long term right now.

It is possible for sure, I imagine his size makes his legs pretty vulnerable. I choose to think he stays healthy for now. Hit me with a rainbow! I have earned it

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reiff was not used as a starter his first season. Played the extra OL guy on plays all season. He has matured quite well. Him not being a better option than Manny at this time does not scare me. Now if Sims was the guy starting at LG. I'd be holding a megaphone screaming flop or bust already.

Reiff is another question mark. They exercised his 5th year, he's still at LT, but what does the future hold? Seems like the staff isn't sure what to do with him in the long run sometimes.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reiff is another question mark. They exercised his 5th year, he's still at LT, but what does the future hold? Seems like the staff isn't sure what to do with him in the long run sometimes.

Reiff looked through the lens of "not Backus" looks pretty good. Other then that, he is an average starting tackle. Taken late 1st I think that is an acceptable pick, but I would not mind having an all pro there for the next decade instead.

I think the need to upgrade that spot is lower than other spots though. CB and DT first.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about Reiff at all. I like him more than most on this board.

Right, but the staff seem wishy washy about him. Wonder what Stafford thinks.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rob I don't think he is a question mark at all. Now I do feel he can be upgraded. He is IMO in that 10-15 range as best LT. He is not broke, don't fix it IMO.

I feel the staff knows they have options with Reiff and is interchangeable along the line. So if a upgrade falls in your lap, you take him and upgrade two positions with one pick. Nobody there, no problem he is doing a fine job.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob I don't think he is a question mark at all. Now I do feel he can be upgraded. He is IMO in that 10-15 range as best LT. He is not broke, don't fix it IMO.

I feel the staff knows they have options with Reiff and is interchangeable along the line. So if a upgrade falls in your lap, you take him and upgrade two positions with one pick. Nobody there, no problem he is doing a fine job.

I can buy that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reiff was not used as a starter his first season. Played the extra OL guy on plays all season. He has matured quite well. Him not being a better option than Manny at this time does not scare me. Now if Sims was the guy starting at LG. I'd be holding a megaphone screaming flop or bust already.

Why not bring Stephen Peterman in for a tryout?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless said tackle can step in on left side and move Reiff. It would be stupid to add yet another RT to the mix. I love competition and all, but four is too many. Unless trading backup RTs is the new trend? I feeling after this season plays out it might be more a DT needed early.

I anxiously await Fog's reply being that (stupid and Mayhew) are peas and carrots for him.

I'm not opposed to getting a solid RT if he just be plugged in. IMO I would like to see what they have this season before wanting yet another RT.

After this season plays out, it will be more a GM needed early, followed immediately with a sit-down with the OC.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you and me were sitting in a garage together, I prolly woulda just kicked you in the shin.

Peterson is not a bad player.... Just misunderstood.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer a swift kick in the ass out the door.

I would want to find out if he was open to change, or if he'd defend his blocking schemes to the death.

I'm probably crazy, but with a young and inexperienced OL, I'm thinking simpler is better. You know. Let them play football instead of trying to figure out a brain-teaser as soon as the ball is snapped.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or if he'd defend his blocking schemes to the death.

Don't need to call him into to do that. Just watch game film and see DC's defending Lombardi's blocking schemes to death, quite easily.