• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomlinson flops in debut

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not impressed either. Think of it ths way. Would you rather see Sims out there? How about Peterman? Or many of the others still in the NFL that cant get out of their own way.

He will be fine IMO.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not impressed either. Think of it ths way. Would you rather see Sims out there? How about Peterman? Or many of the others still in the NFL that cant get out of their own way.

He will be fine IMO.

Oh jeez. I'd rather see Aaron Donald out there than Ebrontron. Does that count?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice little rainbow thread here.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched the game, and aside from one pull he struggled most of the game. It was rough.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched the game, and aside from one pull he struggled most of the game. It was rough.

While it sucks to see another first rounder struggle early, I'll give him until the game after the bye week to crack the starting line up. If he's still looking rough then, we might have to start calling him Ebronson.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were good things, but it takes so much consistency in offensive line. Think of it this way if everyone on the line whiffs only once or twice a game allowing one sack and one hit a game Stafford is sacked a record 80 times and hit an extra 80. No quarterback survives it. It's actually crazy what it takes to be an offensive lineman.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were good things, but it takes so much consistency in offensive line. Think of it this way if everyone on the line whiffs only once or twice a game allowing one sack and one hit a game Stafford is sacked a record 80 times and hit an extra 80. No quarterback survives it. It's actually crazy what it takes to be an offensive lineman.

In the long run do you like LT more than Nelson Agolor? That's the guy Mayhew is rumored to have wanted before Philly snagged him.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. Do I like the idea of a really good guard added to the team this year more than a WR, yes, yes I do. If Tomlinson flops and Agolor does well than I would like to have Agolor, but I wouldn't have been happy about it draft day.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope there's an offensive tackle in next years' draft that doesn't know any bad people.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. Do I like the idea of a really good guard added to the team this year more than a WR, yes, yes I do. If Tomlinson flops and Agolor does well than I would like to have Agolor, but I wouldn't have been happy about it draft day.

Honestly, I would not have either, whereas I was fine w the LT pick, despite it being surprising. Where this kid lost me was when he said the Lions were going to the SB. It appears he overestimated his own talents, a bit odd for a guy who appears so humble.

Agolar is a guy I like more in Philly than I would have liked him here. I believe our slot WR was only targeted once or twice and that wasn't until the 3rd quarter. There's just not enough ball to go around in this offense.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it sucks to see another first rounder struggle early, I'll give him until the game after the bye week to crack the starting line up. If he's still looking rough then, we might have to start calling him Ebronson.

Reiff was not used as a starter his first season. Played the extra OL guy on plays all season. He has matured quite well. Him not being a better option than Manny at this time does not scare me. Now if Sims was the guy starting at LG. I'd be holding a megaphone screaming flop or bust already.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope there's an offensive tackle in next years' draft that doesn't know any bad people.

Unless said tackle can step in on left side and move Reiff. It would be stupid to add yet another RT to the mix. I love competition and all, but four is too many. Unless trading backup RTs is the new trend? I feeling after this season plays out it might be more a DT needed early.

I anxiously await Fog's reply being that (stupid and Mayhew) are peas and carrots for him.

I'm not opposed to getting a solid RT if he just be plugged in. IMO I would like to see what they have this season before wanting yet another RT.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless said tackle can step in on left side and move Reiff. It would be stupid to add yet another RT to the mix. I love competition and all, but four is too many. Unless trading backup RTs is the new trend? I feeling after this season plays out it might be more a DT needed early.

I anxiously await Fog's reply being that (stupid and Mayhew) are peas and carrots for him.

I'm not opposed to getting a solid RT if he just be plugged in. IMO I would like to see what they have this season before wanting yet another RT.

We do have a lot of guys at RT but no standouts. It remains an area of need until one of these guys breaks out. Same with our DTs.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do have a lot of guys at RT but no standouts. It remains an area of need until one of these guys breaks out. Same with our DTs.

I think Waddle stood out his first year, he was hurt his second. I think if he stays healthy we should be set at RT. To early in his career to label him injury prone.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Waddle stood out his first year, he was hurt his second. I think if he stays healthy we should be set at RT. To early in his career to label him injury prone.

I think his injuries have and will continue to limit him. I'm not sure the staff felt he had the position nailed down before he got hurt, but he was absolutely in a great spot to take it. I think RT is one of those spots the staff is trying to figure out for the long term right now.