• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Cable should get a key to Seattle if that oline isnt awful

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty hopeful that the OL is going to actually be better then last year, especially by playoff time. Got a ton of young guys that could be studs, pretty sure enough of them will be good to make at the very least a decent OL.
The OL came together last year and was actually average to "good" pretty much the entire 2nd half of the season. Faltered a bit in the playoffs vs Carolina, but that's Carolina. If all this year's OL does is play like last year's finished off, we will be just fine.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL came together last year and was actually average to "good" pretty much the entire 2nd half of the season. Faltered a bit in the playoffs vs Carolina, but that's Carolina. If all this year's OL does is play like last year's finished off, we will be just fine.

The OL played better later, but some of that was due to going to a quick throw offense and weak defensive opponents IMO.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL played better later, but some of that was due to going to a quick throw offense and weak defensive opponents IMO.
That is really oversimplifying things, but ok. In my mind there's just no question the OL played much better as the season went on. I think the performance of the offense pretty much shows that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is really oversimplifying things, but ok. In my mind there's just no question the OL played much better as the season went on. I think the performance of the offense pretty much shows that.

Think it was obvious that the Seahawks were forced to make changes to the offense to compensate for a poor OL. The Seahawks let some OL walk and went heavy OL in the draft. That tells me they didn't think all that much of the OL last year either.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it was obvious that the Seahawks were forced to make changes to the offense to compensate for a poor OL.

The O didn't change much. It was better, but it was the same offense. Less of RW running for his life and more throwing from the pocket, but that's because the pass-pro improved. If it were as simple tweaking the O, they wouldnt have waited half a season with a 2-4 start.

The Seahawks let some OL walk and went heavy OL in the draft. That tells me they didn't think all that much of the OL last year either.
Gotta be careful with that logic because over the years we have seen several players go in free agency, but I don't think that means they weren't regarded well by the organization. They clearly liked Sweezy but simply weren't going to pay him $7M a year, as an example.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O didn't change much. It was better, but it was the same offense.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree about this. I saw them change to a quick throw offense, get the ball out of RW hands...fast. This is not their normal offense IMO, at least it hasn't been over the last few years.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree about this. I saw them change to a quick throw offense, get the ball out of RW hands...fast. This is not their normal offense IMO, at least it hasn't been over the last few years.

I think Seattle after Graham went down did go back to their normal offense but agree it was a completely different offense from the start of the year. At beginning it was run the ball, try it deep or just target Graham, which IMO is why Cable didn't look good as a coach but once Graham went down Rawls did great and it allowed Wilson to get comfortable with his real number 1 target Baldwin. Graham and Harvin jacked up their offense, Wilson and Baldwin have some connection that can't be explained as neither one are elite at really any one thing except when they are together. The quick passing IMO was more of Wilson knowing what Baldwin was going to do before Baldwin did.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle after Graham went down did go back to their normal offense but agree it was a completely different offense from the start of the year. At beginning it was run the ball, try it deep or just target Graham, which IMO is why Cable didn't look good as a coach but once Graham went down Rawls did great and it allowed Wilson to get comfortable with his real number 1 target Baldwin. Graham and Harvin jacked up their offense, Wilson and Baldwin have some connection that can't be explained as neither one are elite at really any one thing except when they are together. The quick passing IMO was more of Wilson knowing what Baldwin was going to do before Baldwin did.

Wasn't just Baldwin though - Wilson and Lockett have a nice rapport as well. I think it's fair to say that receivers were running very different routes though. Ball was out quick.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If by "faltered a bit" you mean "completely destroyed by Short and Star" then you got it right.

They started the year looking perhaps as bad as any OL I have ever seen in the NFL, improved to the point where they were in the mediocre to servicable range, and then got chewed up at Carolina.

It couldn't start much worse than last year. I am expecting some difficulties early but hope to see the type of improvement that we saw last year as the season progresses.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I talk about the Eagles mostly on the Eagles board. This is the NFL board so I talk about some other NFL teams here.

We know why enuts is trolling here. The Seahawks have dominated the Eagles in the last decade, being outscored by 54 point on the way to a 1-4 record.

I personally feel little bad for him. Talking smack about the Seahawks here is apparently his only outlet to vent in the face of his team getting slapped around.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know why enuts is trolling here. The Seahawks have dominated the Eagles in the last decade, being outscored by 54 point on the way to a 1-4 record.

I personally feel little bad for him. Talking smack about the Seahawks here is apparently his only outlet to vent in the face of his team getting slapped around.

That was some strong biting rhetoric there.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't just Baldwin though - Wilson and Lockett have a nice rapport as well. I think it's fair to say that receivers were running very different routes though. Ball was out quick.

Didn't think about that but yes that's too true. Once Graham got hurt the offense was better so hopefully they don't revert back to that. Lockette and Baldwin can allow Wilson to get it out quicker helping the Oline, Graham in the offense doesn't allow for that except in the red zone.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was no salary cap, it's pretty fun to imagine what a new millenium version of the 3 amigos Seattle could've run with Badlwin/Lockett and Golden Tate still in the fold.

Of course if Richardson can stay healthy longer than five or six games, it still could be pretty fun.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was no salary cap, it's pretty fun to imagine what a new millenium version of the 3 amigos Seattle could've run with Badlwin/Lockett and Golden Tate still in the fold.

Of course if Richardson can stay healthy longer than five or six games, it still could be pretty fun.
Or they could elect to build a "great wall of Seattle" on the O-line, that'd be pretty amusing considering Wilson does just fine with arguably the worst passblocking line.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they could elect to build a "great wall of Seattle" on the O-line, that'd be pretty amusing considering Wilson does just fine with arguably the worst passblocking line.

Oh sure, in no salary cap masturbatory land, we have the 90's Cowboys type line... I was trying not to be too outrageous... keep it somewhat real. :)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....as opposed to your brilliant analysis of "Wilson is short"?? Hmmmmmm.....

He is. I didn't make it a big deal. Defensive seahawk's fans did.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is. I didn't make it a big deal. Defensive seahawk's fans did.

That is where you are completely and unequivocally wrong. Wilson has proven that he is not too short.

You sound like the "experts" from before the draft, but they have all admitted they were wrong. You, on the other hand, are still clinging to a fallacy in the face of all logic.