• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady want's new rule

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta disagree with Tom here, defenders can't hit high, now they can't hit low ? How else do you tackle a guy like Gronk ? If you don't take out his legs he's gonna run right over you ... The NFL absolutely better not listen to this, otherwise let's just start playing flag football ... Tom is reaching here...

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady can continue to eat his wife's dick.

Players need to be protected from hit's to the head & from themselves. If that means that players sustain more leg injuries, so be it. I would rather walk with a limp later in life than have early onset dementia or suicidal thoughts. There is no going back from brain trauma. Lower body injuries have a great chance of healing with little or no aftereffects.

You can't ask defenders to play like a baseball pitcher with a strike zone.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady can continue to eat his wife's dick.

Players need to be protected from hit's to the head & from themselves. If that means that players sustain more leg injuries, so be it.

You can't ask defenders to play like a baseball pitcher with a strike zone.

Exactly.... and it's even harder than a strike zone, because at least in baseball the strike zone stay's in one place...

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.... and it's even harder than a strike zone, because at least in baseball the strike zone stay's in one place...

What i was trying to convey, is that you can't expect defenders to hit players in a zone from upper thigh to upper chest while that player are in motion.

It's ridiculous that anyone to suggest they do so or suffer a penalty.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta disagree with Tom here, defenders can't hit high, now they can't hit low ? How else do you tackle a guy like Gronk ? If you don't take out his legs he's gonna run right over you ... The NFL absolutely better not listen to this, otherwise let's just start playing flag football ... Tom is reaching here...

.....jimmy graham is somewhere ''applauding'' Brady.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the players could wear a belt with some removable flags and the player would be "down" if the defender removes one of the flags. Alternatively, perhaps instead of tackling, a player could be "down" if the defender touches him on the back with both hands....

Just thinking outside the box here.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two-handed touch. And I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell actually would be in favor of it.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember knowing how to tackle properly when I was playing football. We called it wrapping up and it didn't matter how much bigger some jamoke was, when we got his legs or ankles "wrapped" up he went down. We didn't have to dive at a guys knees to get him on the ground.

Of course there was no ESPN back then and not many guys were using their helmet like a lethal weapon of trying to knock everyone out with the shoulder pads and helmet. Fundamentals are shit nowadays.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....jimmy graham is somewhere ''applauding'' Brady.

Nah, his injury was just a fluke.. it can happen... Even if it was from a guy tackling low, I would be ok with it.. taking out a guy's legs is the best way to get a guy down... Most of time a player will not get hurt that way... There was no ill intent on the Gronk tackle or the Graham tackle... It's just football ..

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched (for the first time) the play that Gronk was injured during.

I can't think of any "rule" that would prevent an injury like this, other than the flag football suggestions.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember knowing how to tackle properly when I was playing football. We called it wrapping up and it didn't matter how much bigger some jamoke was, when we got his legs or ankles "wrapped" up he went down. We didn't have to dive at a guys knees to get him on the ground.

Of course there was no ESPN back then and not many guys were using their helmet like a lethal weapon of trying to knock everyone out with the shoulder pads and helmet. Fundamentals are shit nowadays.

I played (HS) in the early '70s. We were taught that the helmet was a weapon. A proper form tackle was putting the facemask on the ball carriers chest, and driving the helmet up through the chin.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the future you will need to run alongside the ball carrier and tickle him to the ground until he pees. Aggressive tickling will be penalized 15 yards of course.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played (HS) in the early '70s. We were taught that the helmet was a weapon. A proper form tackle was putting the facemask on the ball carriers chest, and driving the helmet up through the chin.

They taught you wrong.

Lead with your shoulder, head to one side and wrap up the legs with both arms. Very easy and very effective.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They taught you wrong.

Lead with your shoulder, head to one side and wrap up the legs with both arms. Very easy and very effective.

Unless you're trying to tackle Gronk. He could just put his arm around you and carry you with him.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They taught you wrong.

I don't disagree with any of that. But HS football in Texas back then was a vicious game that centered around intimidation. It was what was predominately taught.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're trying to tackle Gronk. He could just put his arm around you and carry you with him.

I've watched Gronk and many other huge TE's and RB's get wrapped up and taken down. Did he get another yard or 3? Maybe, maybe not.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with any of that. But HS football in Texas back then was a vicious game that centered around intimidation. It was what was predominately taught.

I hear ya. It's too bad because the fundamentals have gone to shit and too many guys are just trying to ram a ball carrier down instead of securing the tackle.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. It's too bad because the fundamentals have gone to shit and too many guys are just trying to ram a ball carrier down instead of securing the tackle.

Blame ESPN for that. Dudes want to get on the highlight reel.