• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady is on pace...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my expectation for the Red Sox was to lose to the Astros in the ALDS. So I guess I shouldn't look at it as a failure either right?

I dont know, do you?

You were predicted to win the AL East, and im sure many predicted they would come out of the AL

With the Astros/Indians and Yankees not seemingly falling too far off the postseason map anytime soon, I guess you will be having pretty limited expectations for the next several seasons

I dont think a team the Yankees lost to in 7 games is a team they "cant beat" for the next few years

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on the last two. What happened the last time the Sox met the Yankees in the playoffs? Can't remember.

As long as all those players come back and play on next seasons roster, you should be ok

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if going back 15 years is some sort of "recent" history to draw upon

Stop with the silliness

The Red Sox did exactly what they were supposed to do over 162, as predicted by everyone in March

They underachieved in October

The Yankees defied all "experts" predictions, both over 162 and especially in October...........The Dynasty is coming, we could have had this same conversation after losing to Seattle in '95

I gave you 5, 10 & 15 year history to review. The fact that you had to go to 20 years shows you just how irrelevant they have been since George W. Bush took office.

The Yankees have a solid young core, with several promising prospects. No disputing that. But you are being ridiculous with the dynasty talk. Just because it happened in the late 90’s doesn’t mean it will again. Also the starting pitching needs help.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, do you?

You were predicted to win the AL East, and im sure many predicted they would come out of the AL

With the Astros/Indians and Yankees not seemingly falling too far off the postseason map anytime soon, I guess you will be having pretty limited expectations for the next several seasons

I dont think a team the Yankees lost to in 7 games is a team they "cant beat" for the next few years
Football people, football.
Weren't the NYG predicted to win their division by some? Even SB contenders?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, do you?

I do look at it as a failure. Meeting expectations is not a success in my eyes unless that expectation is winning a World Series. I don't care what "many" predicted.

You've been watching baseball for a long time. You know that things can change dramatically year to year without even moving personnel. You already predict that Severino is going to be needing surgery next year.

I didn't say you couldn't beat the Astros.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you 5, 10 & 15 year history to review. The fact that you had to go to 20 years shows you just how irrelevant they have been since George W. Bush took office.

The Yankees have a solid young core, with several promising prospects. No disputing that. But you are being ridiculous with the dynasty talk. Just because it happened in the late 90’s doesn’t mean it will again. Also the starting pitching needs help.

Starting pitching was the best starting pitching in the AL Playoffs

But ok, they need starting pitching

And repeating the word "irrelevant" doesnt make it any more true, there hasnt been a non competitive, boring summer in the Bronx since before you saw your first vagina, that didnt belong to you

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dirt doesn't exactly live by the motto "You're never as good as you think you are when you win; and you're never as bad as you feel when you lose"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is still hope for you guys

Maybe Gleyber Torres, baseballs #1 prospect will finally be the guy that sucks

Cause God forbid he is Carlos Correa

Dear Lord

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And repeating the word "irrelevant" doesnt make it any more true, there hasnt been a non competitive, boring summer in the Bronx since before you saw your first vagina, that didnt belong to you
1. Small sample size
2. Sabathia and Tanaka made up most of your good starts. And there's a good chance neither are back.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of that success in the playoffs was from pitchers who will be gone: Tanaka will opt out and CC’s contract is up. That leaves Severino-Gray-Montgomery as your rotation as of today. Sure, they could resign both of them, but who knows if they will. If you are comfortable with that being a Championship caliber rotation, so be it.

Also, I don’t imagine the Yankees have had many worse 15 year stretches than they are in right now. They have been a non-factor for many seasons now. But I’d be excited that they finally won a playoff series, too. It’s a start.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirt doesn't exactly live by the motto "You're never as good as you think you are when you win; and you're never as bad as you feel when you lose"

Dirt has had to bottle up a lot of “Yankees are the greatest ever” talk over the least several seasons. It’s sad to see him prematurely ejaculate like this. But there won’t be a dry eye in the house when the Yankees raise that 2017 AL Runner-up banner next season.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of that success in the playoffs was from pitchers who will be gone: Tanaka will opt out and CC’s contract is up. That leaves Severino-Gray-Montgomery as your rotation as of today. Sure, they could resign both of them, but who knows if they will. If you are comfortable with that being a Championship caliber rotation, so be it.

Also, I don’t imagine the Yankees have had many worse 15 year stretches than they are in right now. They have been a non-factor for many seasons now. But I’d be excited that they finally won a playoff series, too. It’s a start.

So many ridiculous things all in one post

Im sure the Yankees are gonna take this young everyday core and just enter next season with Jordan Montgomery as their 3rd starter...yes, that sounds like something they would do

Did the Yankees actually lead baseball in wins in the 15 year window you just said was the worst in their history?
Thats a pretty good history if thats the case

I understand this is a tough time for you, one that should be tough for me.......I cant imagine what it must feel like to hate this team, and know where its all heading YET again....

So you are excused for the various silly comments today

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirt has had to bottle up a lot of “Yankees are the greatest ever” talk over the least several seasons. It’s sad to see him prematurely ejaculate like this. But there won’t be a dry eye in the house when the Yankees raise that 2017 AL Runner-up banner next season.

Yeah, the Red Sox buy a new team every single winter, and they get fucking steamrolled like they arent even there every October

Im sure its a bad sign that this Yankee core who never sniffed October just fought their balls off against all odds, against teams no one gave them a prayer to beat

id be scared too

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball always seems like the longest offseason. Hurry up and finish this world series so we can heat up the stove.