• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficially Official 2016 Spring training thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a pretty ST game a lot of errors Profar looked pretty rusty, Nick got some swing and misses but was hit hard. Doubt if he becomes 5th SP without having improvement. I think Rua makes the squad. He has MLB pop. Just hope he delivers. Also Stubbs looks like our only top flight CF. not a bad thing to have elite defense on the bench to close out games when ahead. There is my Rapid Reaction. Ha

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha yup! Funny right ?

Well I have enjoyed many of the Dune books. Good Messiah themes with a hint of psychedelia. Peyote-raquel. Nice pic of morphed worm atop of desert planet.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This doesn't make a lot of sense does it?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of you guys are interested in joining a 12 team rotisserie style fantasy baseball league let me know. I have had a league on Yahoo since 2009 and we usually have 3 or 4 guys who don't renew each year so we should have some openings.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Michael Dixon on the 6 most intriguing story lines coming out of ST so far.

6. Joey Gallo, complete hitter?

We know that Joey Gallo has power. We saw that in his stint in the majors with the Texas Rangers last season. The problem was that while Gallo hit home runs at a prolific rate, he also struck out at an alarmingly high rate. As a hitter, he was very one-dimensional. Virtually any at-bat that didn’t result in a home run was a non productive out. Spring training has been a different story.

While the tape measure home runs are exciting, Gallo’s ability to get a bat on the ball for a single is strangely more relevant.

The Rangers have a crowded offense and finding room for Gallo will not be easy. But if he continues to be a productive overall hitter and not just a basher, his bat will simply be too good for Texas to keep out of their every day lineup.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Michael Dixon on the 6 most intriguing story lines coming out of ST so far.

6. Joey Gallo, complete hitter?

We know that Joey Gallo has power. We saw that in his stint in the majors with the Texas Rangers last season. The problem was that while Gallo hit home runs at a prolific rate, he also struck out at an alarmingly high rate. As a hitter, he was very one-dimensional. Virtually any at-bat that didn’t result in a home run was a non productive out. Spring training has been a different story.

While the tape measure home runs are exciting, Gallo’s ability to get a bat on the ball for a single is strangely more relevant.

The Rangers have a crowded offense and finding room for Gallo will not be easy. But if he continues to be a productive overall hitter and not just a basher, his bat will simply be too good for Texas to keep out of their every day lineup.

Barring injury (always a possibility with Choo, Rua, Beltre and Moreland having missed significant time in the last couple years), he'll spend most of the season in AAA, that's my guess... glad he's putting together better ABs but I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to see it done more consistently over a longer period of time

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how they did it as a package deal.

I agree. Puts them all on a level playing field as opposed to creating a pecking order. Alleviates potential hard feelings.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is going to be some team in Round Rock this year.