• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficially Official 2016 Spring training thread

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know who will fill most of the BP spots but one area I thought I would throw out to you guys is do we really want Freeman to take up a spot that Faulkner or another young promising reliever would have otherwise. I think he is out of options but I say so be it.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know who will fill most of the BP spots but one area I thought I would throw out to you guys is do we really want Freeman to take up a spot that Faulkner or another young promising reliever would have otherwise. I think he is out of options but I say so be it.

Freeman doesn't get LHHs out and that's the role we need him for... I'm kind of done with Freeman, solid reliever for a team with lesser options IMO

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman doesn't get LHHs out and that's the role we need him for... I'm kind of done with Freeman, solid reliever for a team with lesser options IMO
Right, he is one of those guys like when Scheppers would come in that you just do not have a good feeling about. If he made it through the 1 to 3 batters he faced you felt fortunate.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, he is one of those guys like when Scheppers would come in that you just do not have a good feeling about. If he made it through the 1 to 3 batters he faced you felt fortunate.

I felt better about him than Scheppers most times at least

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think we try to make a move on improving the backup catcher or starting catcher spot before the season starts?

If the price is right yes. Maybe prices come down by the break. You hate to see players run at will on Chris G

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the price is right yes. Maybe prices come down by the break. You hate to see players run at will on Chris G

Not sure there will be a right price, w them already 7-8 million over the budgeted spending?

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think we try to make a move on improving the backup catcher or starting catcher spot before the season starts?
That is a hard one to figure out. I would like to see us trade for a catching prospect at some point and maybe sign a short term free agent this coming offseason. Or maybe they will wait to see what Morgan does behind the plate this year. Either way I don't expect them to trade for more than a backup, if that, between now and the beginning of the season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure there will be a right price, w them already 7-8 million over the budgeted spending?
Just guessing, but I think he meant price in terms of prospects that would be required to trade for a catcher.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if he makes the team it will be mainly because they think he can give them multiple innings in an outing.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the potential trades for catchers Lucroy for sure is too high and Norris with Ross mentioned not the most favorable. Keep wondering if it will take a Profar to land a pitcher which I hate to do but if the right guy comes along may be what we do. I really like Profat and his strong game day mentally. I think this has been underrated.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the potential trades for catchers Lucroy for sure is too high and Norris with Ross mentioned not the most favorable. Keep wondering if it will take a Profar to land a pitcher which I hate to do but if the right guy comes along may be what we do. I really like Profat and his strong game day mentally. I think this has been underrated.
Are you looking for a pitcher to replace Colby with? Or do you want they might trade Profar for a pitcher who will not have a rotation spot in early May when Yu is back? I don't see a need for a starting pitcher that we have to trade anything near worthwhile for.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point on the 40 man spots, I didn't think of that factor when discussing before... I don't think it really ends up being an issue but for maybe one guy though... But could be the deciding factor in deciding to keep one guy over another if the race is close

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wonder if the Rangers might be interested in Detroit's Bryan Holaday at catcher. Giminez is doing himself no favors this spring.

Speaking of catching, if Rua continues to impress during the regular season I wonder if the Rangers would entertain the idea of trading Moreland at the break to someone needing someone at 1B. Maybe we can pick up our future catcher in that deal. It would probably take a lot of success from Rua for them to even consider that though.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point on the 40 man spots, I didn't think of that factor when discussing before... I don't think it really ends up being an issue but for maybe one guy though... But could be the deciding factor in deciding to keep one guy over another if the race is close
I never thought of it either until Adam Morris mentioned it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three takeaways from Rangers' 11-1 loss to Arizona: Chi Chi Gonzalez stumbles and this player put his roster spot in jeopardy | SportsDay

Up next: The split squads reunite on Sunday for the Rangers' game with the Los Angeles Angels at 3:05 p.m. CT (TV: KTXA-Channel 21; Radio: KRLD-105.3 FM). RHP Nick Martinez bids to stick around the fifth starter's battle. He will be followed by LHP Andrew Faulkner, RHP Tony Barnette and RHP Shawn Tolleson.

It would be great to get a very good outing out of Nick.