• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficially Official 2016 Spring training thread

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Odor's injury has caused his playing time to be elevated somewhat.

That's exactly it... though it's not bad that they're getting an idea of what he can do... maybe he accepts a minor league assignment when ST is over for some added depth, especially since he can play so many positions

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Prince Fielder was told that an extreme case of sleep apnea is stopping breathing 30 times in an hour. He tested at 39."

SHIT!

That would definitely cause fatigue in a regular person much less an athlete

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Prince Fielder was told that an extreme case of sleep apnea is stopping breathing 30 times in an hour. He tested at 39."

SHIT!

At his size and weight I'm not surprised but damn that's a freaking lot

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SHIT!

All kidding aside, this is pretty serious stuff, and thank goodness he got this diagnosed.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SERGIO ROMO TO BRYCE HARPER: 'SHUT UP'
Nationals star Harper called baseball a "tired" sport in an interview with ESPN, and San Francisco's Romo finds Harper way off base. "Don't put your foot in your mouth when you're the face of the game and you just won the MVP," Romo told the Bay Area News Group. "I'm sorry, but just shut up."

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SERGIO ROMO TO BRYCE HARPER: 'SHUT UP'
Nationals star Harper called baseball a "tired" sport in an interview with ESPN, and San Francisco's Romo finds Harper way off base. "Don't put your foot in your mouth when you're the face of the game and you just won the MVP," Romo told the Bay Area News Group. "I'm sorry, but just shut up."

The website I read this story on pointed out that Sergio Romo is probably the last player that needs to admonish anyone for showboating.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The website I read this story on pointed out that Sergio Romo is probably the last player that needs to admonish anyone for showboating.
Whether he is being hypocritical or not I agree with him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just saw this blurb on ESPN and it made me laugh. Honestly, I wouldn't know Sergio Romo he walked up into my doorway.

But, and he may be a total butt-head, this is still a good analysis of the situation isn't it?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he is being hypocritical or not I agree with him.

I was typing my response when you were posting yours. ha

Also, that was an entertaining, mutli-pronged conversation between Bacisk and Sandler re: Beltre wasn't it?

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I side with Harper on this more than I do Romo, definitely. Too many people think anything other than a stoic presence is showboating.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Ian Desmond: Could handle CF if needed

by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
The Texas Rangers believe Ian Desmond is capable of playing center field if need be, MLB Network's Jon Heyman reports.

Most signs point to Desmond spending all of 2016 in left field for the Rangers, but there are scenarios where it might make sense to try him in center field. For instance, if Delino DeShields Jr. struggles in center, Desmond could shift over, and allow Josh Hamilton, Nomar Mazara or Joey Gallo to occupy left field, but this would obviously be later in the season. Either way, it sounds like Desmond will be in the lineup almost every day, and while he won't be playing shortstop, he still maintains that eligibility in fantasy leagues.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Rougned Odor: To take batting practice Friday

Rougned Odor (oblique) remains day-to-day, but hopes to take batting practice Friday, MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan reports.

His oblique tightness has kept him sidelined recently, but it is not expected to be something that keeps him out when the regular season starts. If he can take batting practice Friday, there's a chance he could get into Cactus League games early next week.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I side with Harper on this more than I do Romo, definitely. Too many people think anything other than a stoic presence is showboating.

What Harper said, I somewhat agree with. But he could have certainly "framed his thoughts a whole lot better" IMO.

And, Romo's words of "Don't put your foot in your mouth when you're the face of the game and you just won the MVP," is true and for me anyway, hard to argue with.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Ian Desmond: Could handle CF if needed

The Texas Rangers believe Ian Desmond is capable of playing center field if need be, MLB Network's Jon Heyman reports.

Most signs point to Desmond spending all of 2016 in left field for the Rangers, but there are scenarios where it might make sense to try him in center field. For instance, if Delino DeShields Jr. struggles in center, Desmond could shift over, and allow Josh Hamilton, Nomar Mazara or Joey Gallo to occupy left field, but this would obviously be later in the season. Either way, it sounds like Desmond will be in the lineup almost every day, and while he won't be playing shortstop, he still maintains that eligibility in fantasy leagues.

This makes some sense to me, as far as Desmond moving over, if the need arises. And certainly Mazara is biting at the reins.

But let me ask, is it me, or is anyone else wore out with hearing Gallo's name mentioned in any capacity with the 2016 Texas Rangers?

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, Romo's words of "Don't put your foot in your mouth when you're the face of the game and you just won the MVP," is true and for me anyway, hard to argue with.

I guess to me, Harper didn't put his foot in his mouth. He's not a Rhodes scholar by any stretch of the imagination, but the kid - which he is, let's not forget - speaks his mind and I have no issues with that.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess to me, Harper didn't put his foot in his mouth. He's not a Rhodes scholar by any stretch of the imagination, but the kid - which he is, let's not forget - speaks his mind and I have no issues with that.

I actually think we're sort-of/kind-of agreeing, just we're saying it differently. ha ha

And yes, Harper is still a kid. And he's not the sharpest knife either. But he's also a spoiled, pampered brat too.