• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficially Official 2016 Spring training thread

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranaudo was on point today. 2 IP - 23 total pitches, 18 for strikes. 2 hits allowed, both singles.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably well recognized I'm a fan of Rua. So good for him. Us too actually.

And this Mazara kid seems to be on a baseball mission of his own making.

But the bottom line is, any team can never have enough good players at all levels, so young men, keep up the good work!

I think this team is in good shape as far as depth and offense could go. I would like to see improvement with RISP from last year, but things are looking pretty good right now. The BP should be a position of strength, and if SP can prove healthy and performs well, this team will have a good chance at the ALW again. NICE TO SEE!

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably well recognized I'm a fan of Rua. So good for him. Us too actually.

And this Mazara kid seems to be on a baseball mission of his own making.

But the bottom line is, any team can never have enough good players at all levels, so young men, keep up the good work!
This time next year is going to be a lot of fun as we anticipate what these youngsters are about to do once the season opens. That will be special.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three takeaways from Rangers' win over Kansas City: Mazara, Mazara, Mazara and ... Jurickson Profar? | SportsDay

Mazara monster: The beat goes on for first-week sensation Nomar Mazara, who had two hits in three at-bats on Thursday. Including the intrasquad game on Monday, Mazara is 8 for 9 in competitive environments this spring.

On Wednesday, his three-run, ninth-inning homer salted away the Rangers' 6-2 win in the spring opener. On Thursday, Mazara flied out to center in the first inning, but then singled in the third and again in the fourth.

Here it would probably be prudent to remind the masses that barring a catastrophic injury, Mazara is not a contender for the team. Nope. No way. But it's fun to watch. The ball booms off his bat.

Silver medalist: If not for Mazara, Jurickson Profar would be the runaway winner of Best First Week in Camp award. He's played two games at short (one of them an intrasquad game) and made a nice defensive play in each. He began the bottom of the third on Thursday by going to his right to grab Paulo Orlando's grounder, then made a strong throw from an off-balance position. He also reached on a single and a walk. In addition to a nice play up the middle in the intrasquad game, he also homered of Cole Hamels.

"You think that was 'hot'?" Profar said when asked about how 'hot' the throw was. "It was OK. I've got more."

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board should be even more fun this year than the last couple, should get lots visitors as well

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably shouldn't pitch Mazara fastballs down and in.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid has lots of promise, will be nice seeing him develop

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of surprised at how big he was, when I shook his hand at Fanfest. Pretty big dude

Hope it starts translating into some more HRs without trying to actually hit HRs, or just better power numbers in general, his .437 SLG% is probably one of the most underwhelming parts of his game