• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is. I'm confident enough in Peyton's consistency to think he'll choke in the crucial postseason moment like he usually does.

Let's see... Peyton has the higher career playoff passer rating. Both guys are 7-7 in their last 14 playoff games and both have been to 2 Super Bowls since 2005. Brady is 0-2 and Peyton is 1-1. Seems like recent history favors Peyton. I understand, though. Brady clutchly played horrible during the entire game against Baltimore in the playoffs while Peyton choked by playing pretty well outside of an overtime interception after 5 quarters in zero degree whether. Seems like really sound logic.

BoP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric, you are a good poster and that sometimes makes you a pain in the ass. You are welcome anytime on the Pats board.

Hammer, You are a Pats hater ONLY. You are blinded by your obsession. You are welcome anytime too, but mainly because you make this fun. Damn, dude. Have you considered counseling?

How is Hammer a Patriots hater? He's standing up for their receivers and the rest of the Patriots team. He sees them as a good team hampered by bad QB play.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
...while Peyton choked by playing pretty well outside of an overtime interception

What was I saying about crucial postseason moments?

But actually Peyton is a sure bet to win in the postseason.

...whenever he's playing against Rex Grossman.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was I saying about crucial postseason moments?

But actually Peyton is a sure bet to win in the postseason.

...whenever he's playing against Rex Grossman.

I guess I won't stop you if you're comfortable making unintelligent arguments. :suds:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I guess I won't stop you if you're comfortable making unintelligent arguments. :suds:

There's no need for ad hominem statements like that. Unintelligible arguments? Brady has been to 5 Super Bowls. And Only 3 of those were while cheating. The guy comes up big in big moments (see the victory over the Saints this year). Peyton, on the other hand, has choked away a bunch of great chances at getting SB rings. He easily had the best team in the NFL in 2005 when he was over-throwing guys by 10 yards against the Steelers, and he was in a perfect position to beat the Saints before he singlehandedly lost the game against the Saints. And you dismissed the pick in overtime pretty easily. I'm much more scared of Brady in a big moment than I am of Peyton.

And I'm not surprised Peyton has a better passer rating in the postseason because he's had maybe the strongest set of supporting casts in the history of the NFL except maybe Kurt Warner. Brady not so much with the exception of about 3 seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're giving Brady a pass for playing poorly the entire game while scorching Manning for throwing an int at the end of the first overtime period in a game he had already won but for one of the biggest flukes in playoff history. They've both had very good playoff games and they've both had complete stinkers, yet you're being harder on one because of some superstition about "big moments."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Hammer a Patriots hater? He's standing up for their receivers and the rest of the Patriots team. He sees them as a good team hampered by bad QB play.

With 64 posts I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on your myopic ignorance.

Hammer! You even have "groupies"? WTF?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You're giving Brady a pass for playing poorly the entire game while scorching Manning for throwing an int at the end of the first overtime period in a game he had already won but for one of the biggest flukes in playoff history. They've both had very good playoff games and they've both had complete stinkers, yet you're being harder on one because of some superstition about "big moments."

It's not superstition; I pointed out those choketastic moments wherein Manning blew it. And I'm not giving Brady a pass at all. I'm just saying I'd be more confident with him at the helm in a postseason game than I would Peyton. Brady hasn't squandered really good opportunities to win like Peyton has IMO. Brady's met superiour teams & lost in the postseason, whereas Peyton has met lesser teams ad lost (generally speaking). And Brady has done it with far less help over the course of his career (at least on offense).

I'm not driving the Brady bandwagon; I just think he's been a lot more clutch than Peyton has.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 405.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no need for ad hominem statements like that. Unintelligible arguments? Brady has been to 5 Super Bowls. And Only 3 of those were while cheating.

So you're saying he can't win a Superbowl without cheating, right?

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess where we differ is I would say Brady has played for the much stronger organization during his career. Brady has had the exact same playoff struggles as Peyton since he has been asked to do more than simply compliment a dominant defense. During the back half of Brady's career he joined Peyton in needing to carry an average team to an elite record... and that catches up with you in the playoffs. It's not a coincidence that neither guy has won a title without a dominant defense.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel like I'm shouting the same damn thing from the rooftops the whole damn thread. :gaah:

I don't like the Patriots but I don't hate them. Same with Brady. My only point is Brady is ranked #27 in the league right now because he's a bad QB. The team is winning in spite of his poor play and selfish antics.

How am I wrong?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 64 posts I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on your myopic ignorance.

Hammer! You even have "groupies"? WTF?

Dude, you follow me from thread to thread with little personal quips, nothing serious but you never even debate anything. It's just always little digs about my "hatred" of the Pats.

Your act is tired, my friend. :suds: Work on a new one.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you follow me from thread to thread with little personal quips, nothing serious but you never even debate anything. It's just always little digs about my "hatred" of the Pats.

Your act is tired, my friend. :suds: Work on a new one.
Not following you. The Pats and Brady threads just catch my attention.

I can't debate what you posted because it was true. Just havin' fun with you Hammer. It's debatable on the "hatred" though.

Hammer, you got "groupies! You're the man!

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me how "he" cheated in 3 SB wins??

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give him a passing grade, maybe 7 out of 10, but the season is young and he starting to connect some really cool passes with Dobs. It takes time to build chemistry, there is no magic. The D and STs are doing a fantastic job, rush D notwithstanding, keeping the team in the games.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
7 picks for Matt Ryan in the last 2 games. More proof that amazing receivers can make a mediocre QB look great. And sucktastic WRs can make a HOF QB like Brady look much, much worse (although Brady isn't playing amazing this season in his own right).

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've always said, dude is totally elite.