• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked a simple question nicely and now you're attacking me too. I think your going to get your wish soon because you can't stop.

I did not attack you, I answered the question and emphasized that point that you were misguided in your post. Had you read the thread you would have realized your post was misguided.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to know, if Manning's so good, why hasn't he won a Superbowl in 8 years?

...and along those lines, should he lose this one, will he and his team have "done nothing" this year?

I wonder because it's asked so often about Brady.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh, okay! Resorting to immature insults instead of manning up. Oh wait, I said "Manning!" Speaking of Manning, did you see what Peyton Manning did yesterday?!

Lol!

Love it

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to know, if Manning's so good, why hasn't he won a Superbowl in 8 years?

...and along those lines, should he lose this one, will he and his team have "done nothing" this year?

It takes a great team and a lot of luck to win a Super Bowl.

I think Manning mostly made his teams whereas I think Brady's team (and coach) made him.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, ok thanks. That must be why Brady hasn't won recently.

...but then, if Manning makes his teams, how come he hasn't won shit in the past 8 years?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 6 playoff games vs the Mannings, Brady is 158-244, 1688 yards, 10 TD- 2 INT. Or 65% completion, 280 ypg, with a 5-1 TD to INT ratio. Remember a few days ago when debating Brady vs Manning and I said that a QB gets all the blame when his team loses and all the credit when his team wins and SOOOO many people said that wasnt fair and that was bullshit etc etc ( while defending Manning abysmal playoff record). Then I said that no matter who won on SUnday the other side would use it as "proof" that one guy is better than the other and everyone ( including you HD ) said that you wouldnt do that??? Well here you go. If you want to use this game to say Manning is better than Brady historically then whatever BUT dont tell me that Qb's arent judged based on team success regardless of how well they play. Brady has played exceedingly well in his 6 games vs the Mannings. He just happened to run into better teams those days. Thats it, BUT he will still get the blame. The same logic applies to Peyton who is finally now .500 in playoff games. Congrats on that.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The simple answer to your question is that Manning has largely played with an almost total lack of talent; proved true when the Colts instantly became the worst team in the league the second he was not playing. I've said it once and I'll say it again: Give Peyton Manning the level of talent that New England squandered on Tom Brady and he wins the Super Bowl every season.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 6 playoff games vs the Mannings Brady is 158-244, 1688 yards, 10 TD- 2 INT. Or 65% completion, 280 ypg, with a 5-1 TD to INT ratio. Remeber a few days ago when debating Brady vs Manning and I said that a QB gets all the blame when his team loses and all the credit when his team wins and SOOOO many people said that wasnt fair and that was bullshit etc etc. Then I said that no matter who won on SUnday the other side would use it as "proof" that one guy is better than the other and everyone ( including you HD ) said that you wouldnt do that??? Well here you go. If you want to use this game to say Manning is better than Brady historically then whatever BUT dont tell me that Qb's arent judged based on team success regardless of how well they play. Brady has played exceedingly well in his 6 games vs the Mannings. He just happened to run into better teams those days. Thats it, BUT he will still get the blame. The same logic applies to Peyton who is finally now .500 in playoff game. Congrats on that.

"I'm impartial in this thing. I'm not a Tom Brady apologist." - rmilia after posting more irrelevant, obscure stats of dubious origin to prove that Peyton sucks and Brady is the GOAT

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, ok thanks. That must be why Brady hasn't won recently.

...but then, if Manning makes his teams, how come he hasn't won shit in the past 8 years?

I love how you're the only poster out of 10,000 who refuses to use the Quote button. But even more than that, I love how you always say "how come" instead of why. It sound so intelligent.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 6 playoff games vs the Mannings, Brady is 158-244, 1688 yards, 10 TD- 2 INT. Or 65% completion, 280 ypg, with a 5-1 TD to INT ratio. Remember a few days ago when debating Brady vs Manning and I said that a QB gets all the blame when his team loses and all the credit when his team wins and SOOOO many people said that wasnt fair and that was bullshit etc etc ( while defending Manning abysmal playoff record). Then I said that no matter who won on SUnday the other side would use it as "proof" that one guy is better than the other and everyone ( including you HD ) said that you wouldnt do that??? Well here you go. If you want to use this game to say Manning is better than Brady historically then whatever BUT dont tell me that Qb's arent judged based on team success regardless of how well they play. Brady has played exceedingly well in his 6 games vs the Mannings. He just happened to run into better teams those days. Thats it, BUT he will still get the blame. The same logic applies to Peyton who is finally now .500 in playoff games. Congrats on that.

Here was Tom Brady Sunday.
btFrC1t.png

And here was Peyton Manning.
M4juMzr.jpg

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The simple answer to your question is that Manning has largely played with an almost total lack of talent; proved true when the Colts instantly became the worst team in the league the second he was not playing. I've said it once and I'll say it again: Give Peyton Manning the level of talent that New England squandered on Tom Brady and he wins the Super Bowl every season.

Wow, an attempt at a cogent argument from Hammer. You should've stuck to your comfort zone and skipped over Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, Marvin Harrison and Dwight Freeney with a silly gif.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, never mind. See above.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, an attempt at a cogent argument from Hammer. You should've stuck to your comfort zone and skipped over Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, Marvin Harrison and Dwight Freeney with a silly gif.

One minute?

"Brady makes everyone around him superstars."

The next?

"Brady has no talent on his team."

As I said before, and everyone knows this, Patriots fans have no parallel in all of organized sports. The excuses come early and come often. And the further we get from the last Super Bowl, they're growing more angry and abusive when anyone dares to ask tough questions.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm impartial in this thing. I'm not a Tom Brady apologist." - rmilia after posting more irrelevant, obscure stats of dubious origin to prove that Peyton sucks and Brady is the GOAT

Im already on record saying Manning is the best ever. I also have Brady in the top 5. You LOVE Manning and think Brady sucks which is ludicrous. You cant use logic and apply it to one guy and not the other. Both guys have played well in many of their playoff losses but you seem to only give Manning a pass and not Brady. I dont do that. I correlate team success with QB success. That means in the postseason Brady has been exceptional and Manning has been average. If you want to use stats to say otherwise then use them for both guys, not just one. Otherwise your argument is invalid.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer, why hasn't Manning done shit for 8 years now?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im already on record saying Manning is the best ever. I also have Brady in the top 5. You LOVE Manning and think Brady sucks which is ludicrous. You cant use logic and apply it to one guy and not the other. Both guys have played well in many of their playoff losses but you seem to only give Manning a pass and not Brady. I dont do that. I correlate team success with QB success. That means in the postseason Brady has been exceptional and Manning has been average. If you want to use stats to say otherwise then use them for both guys, not just one. Otherwise your argument is invalid.

Got it. So you're just being objective and I'm totally unreasonable.

bovine-excrement-meter-animation.gif

I don't "love" Peyton Manning. I'm on record saying when he was at Tennessee I virtually hated the guy. He spent a dozen years wreaking havoc on my team. I'm also on record saying I like Tom Brady. But I don't care about the personal stuff. This is about who's better and the numbers and the eye test leave zero doubt about it. It's fascinating to watch you "I'm not a Brady fan" guys running around in a panic this season.

panic.gif

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer, if the Broncs lose in two weeks, will they have "not done shit" this year?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer, why hasn't Manning done shit for 8 years now?

Here, let me repeat it for you, Homer.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer, if the Broncs lose in two weeks, will they have "not done shit" this year?

Certainly not by a Patriots fan's standards! Patriots fans would be screaming about "dynasty" already.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. So you're just being objective and I'm totally unreasonable.

bovine-excrement-meter-animation.gif

I don't "love" Peyton Manning. I'm on record saying when he was at Tennessee I virtually hated the guy. He spent a dozen years wreaking havoc on my team. I'm also on record saying I like Tom Brady. But I don't care about the personal stuff. This is about who's better and the numbers and the eye test leave zero doubt about it. It's fascinating to watch you "I'm not a Brady fan" guys running around in a panic this season.

panic.gif

Honestly.... Yeah thats pretty much it. Both guys are great. Manning ( traditionally ) has been better in the regular season and Brady has been better in the postseason. 1 win doesnt change that. As to being a Brady "apologist" there is simply no need. The man has been to 5 Super Bowls and 8 AFC title title games in his 11 years as a starter. Why would anyone apologize for that?? I just dont get people who cant admit that both guys are great. Why do we need to downgrade one to raise up the other?? There is no need in either instance to do that.