• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he hits that pass to Edelman, it's a touchdown. If he hits that pass to Collie, they probably get a field goal on that drive. That's 10 points the Patriots didn't get because of poor throws by Brady. Remind me again how many points the Patriots lost by?

They lost by 10. And it was because Tom Brady played poorly.

It's a fact and it's not hard to say when you're honest about it. Being sanctimonious and delusional doesn't mean it didn't happen. Hats off to Tom Brady for admitting the truth right after the game. It's a big part of what makes me like and respect him so much.

I'd like to take this opportunity to warn you of the consequences of your actions. If you continue to ask these sorts of questions about Tom Brady and/or the New England Patriots you're going to be labeled such things as obsessed, hate-filled, bitter, jealous, etc. Every other team in American sports is fair game just not the Patriots and/or Tom Brady.

Just so you know! :suds:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I'm ok with that. Thanks for the warning, though! :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 6 playoff games vs the Mannings, Brady is 158-244, 1688 yards, 10 TD- 2 INT. Or 65% completion, 280 ypg, with a 5-1 TD to INT ratio. Remember a few days ago when debating Brady vs Manning and I said that a QB gets all the blame when his team loses and all the credit when his team wins and SOOOO many people said that wasnt fair and that was bullshit etc etc ( while defending Manning abysmal playoff record). Then I said that no matter who won on SUnday the other side would use it as "proof" that one guy is better than the other and everyone ( including you HD ) said that you wouldnt do that??? Well here you go. If you want to use this game to say Manning is better than Brady historically then whatever BUT dont tell me that Qb's arent judged based on team success regardless of how well they play. Brady has played exceedingly well in his 6 games vs the Mannings. He just happened to run into better teams those days. Thats it, BUT he will still get the blame. The same logic applies to Peyton who is finally now .500 in playoff games. Congrats on that.

Good post, but Brady didn't particularly play well in this one. I see your point though.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he hits that pass to Edelman, it's a touchdown. If he hits that pass to Collie, they probably get a field goal on that drive. That's 10 points the Patriots didn't get because of poor throws by Brady. Remind me again how many points the Patriots lost by?
Yup and this really isn't anything new to Patriots fans who have objectively watched the team all year long. In-cuts, slants, comebacks; pretty much anything in front of the defenders, Brady was spot on all season. Once his receivers get some room behind the defenders, he struggled. Didn't change in this game, and in a game that the Patriots needed to be perfect, he wasn't even close.

I will say this though, saying the Patriots and Brady left 10 points on the board, and lost by 10 therefore it's Brady's fault, doesn't really work logically. Broncos weren't losing that game when we couldn't stop Manning and the offense. Only reason they only scored 26 points is because the game wasn't in doubt at any point in the second half. If they needed to, I have no doubt that Manning would have been able to pull out a few more points to win that game, whether it was 40-35 or 28-26.

And like I said before this game, if Manning completes the greatest season a QB has ever had with a Super Bowl win, then Brady has his work cut out for him to get back on his level on my all-time list.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup and this really isn't anything new to Patriots fans who have objectively watched the team all year long. In-cuts, slants, comebacks; pretty much anything in front of the defenders, Brady was spot on all season. Once his receivers get some room behind the defenders, he struggled. Didn't change in this game, and in a game that the Patriots needed to be perfect, he wasn't even close.

I will say this though, saying the Patriots and Brady left 10 points on the board, and lost by 10 therefore it's Brady's fault, doesn't really work logically. Broncos weren't losing that game when we couldn't stop Manning and the offense. Only reason they only scored 26 points is because the game wasn't in doubt at any point in the second half. If they needed to, I have no doubt that Manning would have been able to pull out a few more points to win that game, whether it was 40-35 or 28-26.

And like I said before this game, if Manning completes the greatest season a QB has ever had with a Super Bowl win, then Brady has his work cut out for him to get back on his level on my all-time list.

Honestly I wasn't really trying to claim that, I agree with you that Denver could have scored more had they really desired to. Mainly I was just trying to point out to that other poster that Brady did not have a good game, no matter what the stats say.

Good post.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost by 10. And it was because Tom Brady played poorly.

It's a fact and it's not hard to say when you're honest about it. Being sanctimonious and delusional doesn't mean it didn't happen. Hats off to Tom Brady for admitting the truth right after the game. It's a big part of what makes me like and respect him so much.

I'd like to take this opportunity to warn you of the consequences of your actions. If you continue to ask these sorts of questions about Tom Brady and/or the New England Patriots you're going to be labeled such things as obsessed, hate-filled, bitter, jealous, etc. Every other team in American sports is fair game just not the Patriots and/or Tom Brady.

Just so you know! :suds:
You know, I'm not sure how I would be acting if I was at the stage you currently are in your fanhood. I wasn't really a big internet message board guy back when the Patriots were irrelevant and constantly overshadowed by other teams in their division. Therefore, I don't know if I would be as obsessed with another team losing as you are, but I would hope that I would be able to simply enjoy the game. Who knows though, haven't been there in a while and hopefully I won't be for a while.

I can't judge though, it's possible years of losing would drain me to the point of hatred and jealousy. Enjoy the Super Bowl.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady 9 vs. Peyton 5. Maybe should read Eli owns Tommy Boy

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli.jpg

Remember when they said this guy was elite? I still can't believe the Patriots lost to this clown...TWICE.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fact: Tom Brady has never faced Peyton Manning or Eli Manning

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fact: Tom Brady has never faced Peyton Manning or Eli Manning

Eh... Semantics. Thats how QB's are judged. Stats/wins/postseason performance. None of those are accomplished by themselves but its still how they are judged. The system of giving too much credit/too much abuse to QB's is set and is fine IMO as long as the same standards apply to everyone. Its when you start arbitrarily applying it for some guys and not others that you end up looking foolish. Peyton Manning beat Tom Brady last Sunday, just like he did in 06 and just like Brady did to him in 03 and 04. No other players get that treatment but coaches do and coaches are the only guys on the team that effect the outcome of a game as much as QB's.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh... Semantics. Thats how QB's are judged. Stats/wins/postseason performance. None of those are accomplished by themselves but its still how they are judged. The system of giving too much credit/too much abuse to QB's is set and is fine IMO as long as the same standards apply to everyone. Its when you start arbitrarily applying it for some guys and not others that you end up looking foolish. Peyton Manning beat Tom Brady last Sunday, just like he did in 06 and just like Brady did to him in 03 and 04. No other players get that treatment but coaches do and coaches are the only guys on the team that effect the outcome of a game as much as QB's.

Peyton Manning beat the Patriots defense last Sunday. Manning has never taken a single snap against Brady, and vice versa.

also I just want to be clear, I f'ing hate tom brady

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning beat the Patriots defense last Sunday. Manning has never taken a single snap against Brady, and vice versa.

You may hate Brady but you are spot on. What it comes down to is the Broncos Offense against the Pats defense and vice verce. And the Pats defense got played like a fiddle.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously that is what ACTUALLY happened 757 but we both know thats now how QBs are judged. Otherwise we wouldnt need any " Greatest QB", " Greatest RB" " Greatest WR" etc etc threads. Everyone is dependent on everyone else in team sports.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may hate Brady but you are spot on. What it comes down to is the Broncos Offense against the Pats defense and vice verce. And the Pats defense got played like a fiddle.

Right. Because Brady couldn't complete passes, get first downs and keep his offense on the field. It's a very basic part of what great QBs do. I am starting to make sense out of what Hammer's saying cause you guys will throw the entire team including coaches under the bus but you get really pissed off when someone talks about Brady playing bad.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has mind-fucked your skull huh Hammer?

Lot's of posts about Brady

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Because Brady couldn't complete passes, get first downs and keep his offense on the field. It's a very basic part of what great QBs do. I am starting to make sense out of what Hammer's saying cause you guys will throw the entire team including coaches under the bus but you get really pissed off when someone talks about Brady playing bad.

Dude are you really trying to pick an internet squabble? Good luck with that. I know full well Brady and the Pats offense also failed I was complimenting Manning and the Donks offense more than anything else. Trying to encapsulate me with all other Pats fans will never work, I will simply dismiss your ignorance and ignore you as I mostly do with Hammer.

uofmarmyguy

Meat Popsicle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here, let me repeat it for you, Homer.

Actually, with no dog in this fight I am calling straight BS. IF you look at the year the Colts won it, the only reason they did is because their defense absolutely caught fire the last couple weeks of the season and into the post season.

HD, your entire posting is vague and drivel hate-filled towards Brady. What that team has done this year without any discernible talent at WR and missing both AllPro tight ends is nothing short of amazing.

I will give Peyton his due, it has been a pleasure to watch. But come on, I can't throw a ball over 40 yards with any accuracy and with that offense I could throw for 3,000 yards.

Do not take away what Tom did, you trivialize everything he did and say you like him, they fill each post with bashing of apologists. That's just silly and childish.

Your hatred for him oozes out of every post.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has mind-fucked your skull huh Hammer?

Lot's of posts about Brady

If you werent aware, Tom Brady was one of the QBs in the AFC Championship Game. If it were someone else we'd be talking about them. I dont get you guys complaining so much about mentioning Tom Brady. Do we only get to post when he has good games? Post some rules so I can brush up on whats acceptable.